Wrexham game thread

royals1922

10 minutes ago, greg45 said:

Regarding free kicks - what do people really expect? A player that can put in a good, consistent delivery comes around about once every 10 years at this level, if that.

Just because Morgan hit the bar once doesn't mean he's incredible at them either - a couple of rank miscues down at Ebbsfleet, for those not there to see them. Equally I remember Hibbs having a couple of decent efforts...he also hit a load of rubbish.

It's what you're going to get at this level folks - anyone expecting a brilliant delivery every single time, or even half the time, is going to be very disappointed. Just watch the Premiership; you don't even get good deliveries there half the time.

Correct.

• Replies 255
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Really can't believe people knocking this squad and Heath with the achievements to date. With our budget, who on earth would come in and do any better? Every player gives his all, we are organised and

Decent performance. My opinion of Kevin Roberts changed tonight, getting at kosylo trying to get him sent off. Never a penalty at the end. Can't believe the sponsors chose Sam Johnson as man of match,

Connor Oliver is there to play football, get it on the deck and keep possession. There was an occasion when he had the ball last night and 3 of our players just ran away from him. Oliver had no option

Posted Images

Connor Oliver is there to play football, get it on the deck and keep possession. There was an occasion when he had the ball last night and 3 of our players just ran away from him. Oliver had no options, lost the ball and got the abuse from the stands.

He won't win you 50/50s in fact he will probably lose you 60/40s in his favour sometimes but he will keep calm and pass the ball.

In the system we play we are going to look short in the middle of the park when we lose the ball because our wingers hug the touchlines.

Also for those knocking what he brings to the side have a look at who has the most assists this season for us. To save you looking, its Connor Oliver. Josh MacDonald is second.

Wrexham were a very well organised team who are well drilled by their manager. The game I found was very good, I disagree with Sam Johnson getting the MOM ? but never mind not really arsed tbh, all in all two very good footballing teams a point was a fair result although we did have a couple of chances to win it but tis what it is. Well done Shaymen.

33 minutes ago, AFC Halifax said:

Based on last night Sam Wedgebury is no better than what we have and no loss he chose Wrexham in favour of us. 

Elliott Durrell is the one I wish we had got.Just the type of player we need at the moment. 

17 minutes ago, The Whistler said:

Wrexham were a very well organised team who are well drilled by their manager. The game I found was very good, I disagree with Sam Johnson getting the MOM ? but never mind not really arsed tbh, all in all two very good footballing teams a point was a fair result although we did have a couple of chances to win it but tis what it is. Well done Shaymen.

I think by the time the season ends we will have one of the best defensive records in the league , Johnson was probably chosen for keeping a clean sheet although that was rarely threatened but he fills you with confidence his all round game is good some keepers are good shotstoppers or good in the air he is both and commands his area and is an imposing figure.

Now Aspin has got the Port Vale job i hope he doesn't try to re sign him.

Just now, monk said:

I think by the time the season ends we will have one of the best defensive records in the league , Johnson was probably chosen for keeping a clean sheet although that was rarely threatened but he fills you with confidence his all round game is good some keepers are good shotstoppers or good in the air he is both and commands his area and is an imposing figure.

Like the FA Trophy,he doesn't even like him....

2 minutes ago, monk said:

Fan power got Aspin the Port Vale job.

Not his ability.

5 hours ago, royals1922 said:

Assuming we do not bring in anyone this week ( who would know as no signing has yet been telegraphed), the FA Cup week will give us the time to bring in a new player or two and let him or they settle in the side without any effect on the points total.

Can assure you we have NOT signed anyone yet

1 minute ago, Wilder Bollox said:

We are trying, I would rather us sign a player that we want and that wants to come to us than sign a player on an 18 month deal that is here because his agent wants the money

Thought you stated a few weeks ago we only got players through agents and scouts not necessary.

Archived