Wrexham game thread

royals1922

• Replies 255
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Really can't believe people knocking this squad and Heath with the achievements to date. With our budget, who on earth would come in and do any better? Every player gives his all, we are organised and

Decent performance. My opinion of Kevin Roberts changed tonight, getting at kosylo trying to get him sent off. Never a penalty at the end. Can't believe the sponsors chose Sam Johnson as man of match,

Connor Oliver is there to play football, get it on the deck and keep possession. There was an occasion when he had the ball last night and 3 of our players just ran away from him. Oliver had no option

Posted Images

I hadn't realised that Scott Boden had signed for Wrexham until I got the team sheet. Interesting to see Wrexham have goal scoring problems, plus Boden is a bench warmer there too. 

It got me thinking if I would swap any of our attack for him and I honestly don't think I would. I did think Boden came in for a bit of unfair abuse/stick when with us, but even with that said, its odd he has found his way to a club like Wrexham when doing pretty much sod all whilst/since us in a goal scoring sense. At least when the likes of Denton are not scoring he is providing chances for others and causing problems - where as take the goals from Boden his "net worth" seems to be very little.

33 minutes ago, Flea said:

I hadn't realised that Scott Boden had signed for Wrexham until I got the team sheet. Interesting to see Wrexham have goal scoring problems, plus Boden is a bench warmer there too. 

It got me thinking if I would swap any of our attack for him and I honestly don't think I would. I did think Boden came in for a bit of unfair abuse/stick when with us, but even with that said, its odd he has found his way to a club like Wrexham when doing pretty much sod all whilst/since us in a goal scoring sense. At least when the likes of Denton are not scoring he is providing chances for others and causing problems - where as take the goals from Boden his "net worth" seems to be very little.

Boden would be a decent back up for Morgan. That's about it

11 minutes ago, Flea said:

Boden has been poor.  He seems to play some nice football, and he scored a couple of lovely goals in preseason, but he's generally looking like hes' been a waste of money - which is disappointing considering the prolonged saga to get him here (football politics).  Reid with the gloves showed great promise when he first joined us, injecting a lot of energy into the team and scored a few, but more recently he's been poor too.  In fact tuesday night his all round play was better than it has been recently, but he missed one or two excellent chances.

If our defence can hold firm, I think we're a striker (plus perhaps an attacking centre midfielder) from challenging towards the top.  I wouldn't be so bold to say we could win it, but I'd like to think we would certainly be up there once Keates spends his transfer kitty. 

Keates has got to spend the kitty carefully.  Being a completely transparent, fan-owned club, we don't have the luxury of a benefactor to go cap in hand to in order to get more money to cover an injury or whatever.  So whilst we know that our future as a football club is secure and we won't go bust due to unscrupulous owners (they certainly tried, but we eventually got rid) , our structure does leave us a bit financially vulnerable.  I suspect this is why Keates has not frittered away the budget on any old crap to get players in the door (like Gary Mills did) and is playing the waiting game.  I just get the feeling he's waiting too long. 

The way this league is i think the fans of all the top 2/3rds of the division all belief they are a couple of players short of promotion.The key is who gets the quality and how quickly.The Barnsley lad made the difference for Tranmere last night and their charge may now be gathering momentum.

Just now, eddies mate said:

The way this league is i think the fans of all the top 2/3rds of the division all belief they are a couple of players short of promotion.

The key is who gets the quality and how quickly.The Barnsley lad made the difference for Tranmere last night and their charge may now

be gathering momentum.

I agree - and I think Tranmere play Chester next as well so likely to be another win for them.

Archived