Dover match thread

PeterPan

• Replies 449
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The "Heath out" brigade loved it last night. The team was playing well and conceded late on. Within seconds of that goal "Heath out, Heath out" The team could have given up like the outers did. They a

Your f***kng broadband hopefully! 

You really are priceless.

Posted Images

27 minutes ago, shaymandownsouff said:

I also seem to remember he was a great fan of Kelly and his "brand of football" 

Funny thing is, Darren Kelly played some really good fast attacking football and was good to watch however conceding 3+ wasn't 

3 hours ago, hunsworthhound said:

Last night their fullback had kosylo in his pocket it wasn't  until McDonald came we had any real threat. Denton played well despite a referee you gave him nothing. 

Denton could have his legs chainsawed by the opposition and his opponent would get a free kick for time wasting as Denton is taken off the pitch to stem the bloodflow.

12 minutes ago, royals1922 said:

Denton could have his legs chainsawed by the opposition and his opponent would get a free kick for time wasting as Denton is taken off the pitch to stem the bloodflow.

Agree. As hhound said, their left back bossed the first half but was on the backfoot once we brought McD on. I'd play McD on the right and Kosylo in the middle for the ineffectual Dixon. 

8 hours ago, TJAshton said:

Clarke, Lynch, King, hibbs can all be sold and replace them with 2 better players 

Great in theory, but in practice no one is going to be that keen to pay money for any of them. Two have been available for transfer since June and are still here.

Tough times. Im not going to write an essay on why we are where we are as im sure most of you will know what id say. All I can say is that Billy Heath has been employed to do a job and he is trying to do it his way. He is the best that can be afforded given the structure and ownership in place, as are his players. Ill say no more on that.

The late equaliser would have been a real boost, players, fans etc would have walked away with something to carry forward into the next match. Its just typical of the way things are going that Dover would go down other end and the best young keeper in the league would make a fumble of it. 

I have a revolutionary idea. Stick together - do something that this manager and his team have never properly enjoyed -100% backing and support no matter what. 

I have got to be honest, be in on this forum, down the pub or at the ground, I have never known a period of time in 30 years where such a large proportion of the fan base are offering absolutely zero support. There will always be and always has been pockets of support, no matter how well things are going or what manager is in charge that will have a pop and give the abuse, however the extent we are seeing it to now is just making the Shay a dismal place and almost impossible place for a manager and his players to get results. There can not be a worse place to play your football at the moment that the Shay. 

We need another 10-15% out of this manager and his players to stand any chance we can all see that and its going to be a long tough season by the looks of it............................................but from where im standing the fans who cant do anything that shout resign Heath this and get Denton off that need to change the way they offer their support 100%. 

The manager and his players do not stand a chance in the current environment. 

11 minutes ago, Mr Vincent said:

Tough times. Im not going to write an essay on why we are where we are as im sure most of you will know what id say. All I can say is that Billy Heath has been employed to do a job and he is trying to do it his way. He is the best that can be afforded given the structure and ownership in place, as are his players. Ill say no more on that.

The late equaliser would have been a real boost, players, fans etc would have walked away with something to carry forward into the next match. Its just typical of the way things are going that Dover would go down other end and the best young keeper in the league would make a fumble of it. 

I have a revolutionary idea. Stick together - do something that this manager and his team have never properly enjoyed -100% backing and support no matter what. 

I have got to be honest, be in on this forum, down the pub or at the ground, I have never known a period of time in 30 years where such a large proportion of the fan base are offering absolutely zero support. There will always be and always has been pockets of support, no matter how well things are going or what manager is in charge that will have a pop and give the abuse, however the extent we are seeing it to now is just making the Shay a dismal place and almost impossible place for a manager and his players to get results. There can not be a worse place to play your football at the moment that the Shay. 

We need another 10-15% out of this manager and his players to stand any chance we can all see that and its going to be a long tough season by the looks of it............................................but from where im standing the fans who cant do anything that shout resign Heath this and get Denton off that need to change the way they offer their support 100%. 

The manager and his players do not stand a chance in the current environment. 

I agree with your sentiment but Billy Heath seems incapable of learning from his mistakes. It's like Groundhog Day. The atmosphere at The Shay is so negative players are scared of making mistakes. In the Shaymen TV interview Billy claims we've played well, when it's clear we've struggled to create many chances. He always talks about effort and commitment but what about some NOUS for a change?

Our set up makes it hard to create chances and take the game to the opposition. We're playing 2 wingers but the midfield is sitting so far back we struggle to get them into the game. We play Denton upfront all by himself most of the time and wonder why we don't create anything...How about playing McManus instead of Charles and trying to keep possession a little more and play from there.

All isn't lost yet. We've played and lost to 2 of the best teams in the league. Easier fixtures coming up. Lets hope Billy can set us up to create some chances and then we can judge where we are after 12 games.

The "Heath out" brigade loved it last night. The team was playing well and conceded late on. Within seconds of that goal "Heath out, Heath out" The team could have given up like the outers did. They are made of better stuff than that and managed to get a deserved equaliser. Dover then snatched it at the death and the "Heath out, Heath out" started again. Final whistle seconds later and boos were the order of the day. That team did not deserve booing off at all. For me it's not the football that's turning me off attending The Shay, believe me I have seen far worse over the last 40 years, its the idiots demanding the managers head at every chance they get that make a the place toxic and not a very good place to watch football. Grow up and back the team and manager and fair play to Tomlinson and Nicholson if they had a go at the Town fans who thought it would be a good idea to stick the knife in. 

Billy Heath should set his teams up in line with how he thinks it should be done and in line what has brought him success. He inst good enough, clever enough nor does he have the pool of players to do it any other way. 

He will only do well for us if he is allowed to do it his way. I or the man next to me may not like the way he does it but will give the guy more respect for sticking to it. 

People wont like this but he needs to close ranks and do it his way, 100% uglier than before. I get the sense, the way this squad has been balanced that he has tried to appease one or two perhaps above him or on the terraces. Bohan Dixon for instance - is not a Billy Heath player. 

Chalk is trying to play with cheese in respect of player selection. Heath is all chalk.

Let him do it his way, or sack him. But whilst he is here get behind him. 

Stick to you guns Billy - your the manager.

12 hours ago, Flea said:

Awful first 45 mins, although we got better as the game went on. The second half was a hell of a marked improvement, however it was still not good enough.

Charles has been dire since returning, so I'd like to see Morgan given a chance in place of him now. Worst player on the pitch was Kosylo, who's passing was dreadful, very poor decision making and his shooting even worse.

To lose the game in the last minute is sickening, as it was so hard to get back into the game. We didn't see it out and its not acceptable really. Dover outclassed us throughout and that naivety at the end is so frustrating. 

I'm frustrated at how negative our play is for the most part, although as a unit we are often strong. I do think we have enough players with attacking flair to actually play a bit more adventurous - especially at home - and I think it has to be asked when are we going to actually try to take control and dominate a bit of play. Lets dictate the tempo for a bit. In my opinion we now need to go to Solihull and get a win, just to give us a boost.

The only major plus is I am hearing that Jordon Sinnott will soon be returning to us on loan until January. 

Great news if true

11 minutes ago, AFC Halifax said:

The "Heath out" brigade loved it last night. The team was playing well and conceded late on. Within seconds of that goal "Heath out, Heath out" The team could have given up like the outers did. They are made of better stuff than that and managed to get a deserved equaliser. Dover then snatched it at the death and the "Heath out, Heath out" started again. Final whistle seconds later and boos were the order of the day. That team did not deserve booing off at all. For me it's not the football that's turning me off attending The Shay, believe me I have seen far worse over the last 40 years, its the idiots demanding the managers head at every chance they get that make a the place toxic and not a very good place to watch football. Grow up and back the team and manager and fair play to Tomlinson and Nicholson if they had a go at the Town fans who thought it would be a good idea to stick the knife in. 

Could not agree with you more. 

I've often and still do see the game different to you, but thats football. But your right, the atmosphere at the moment at the Shay is vile. 

I still think the majority support Heath, some of them perhaps through gritted teeth but the minority is too big now and too noisy and is causing damage. 

If somebody is not being constructive on the terraces then I urge everybody to tell the individual to shut the F up. 

Just now, Mr Vincent said:

The last thing this team needs is him!

I was disappointed when we lost him because I though he did well, had a few assists and goals for us and could create something out of very little. Our squad is quite big at the moment, so I would think if he came in we'd see someone else going out. Would be a good option to have in the team.

6 minutes ago, Mr Vincent said:

Billy Heath should set his teams up in line with how he thinks it should be done and in line what has brought him success. He inst good enough, clever enough nor does he have the pool of players to do it any other way. 

He will only do well for us if he is allowed to do it his way. I or the man next to me may not like the way he does it but will give the guy more respect for sticking to it. 

People wont like this but he needs to close ranks and do it his way, 100% uglier than before. I get the sense, the way this squad has been balanced that he has tried to appease one or two perhaps above him or on the terraces. Bohan Dixon for instance - is not a Billy Heath player. 

Chalk is trying to play with cheese in respect of player selection. Heath is all chalk.

Let him do it his way, or sack him. But whilst he is here get behind him. 

Stick to you guns Billy - your the manager.

People should get a grip. We lost to one of the best teams in the competition in the 93rd minute. After losing 2 members of the squad and having question marks over another 2 players. I said weeks ago I  rated Dover as our biggest test and even gave you a snapshot of how good their team was on paper and they did not let me down. 

We also scored against them, something Wrexham and Hartlepool could not do.

Yet still the snipers have come out.

FFS, get over yourselves, get behind this team.

Remember we are not playing in a glue league where we could boss any team going.

We are playing in the conference, where teams regularly knock off or stretch  premier league teams or championship teams in cup games and where beating league 1 and 2 two teams is unremarkable.

Very simply, as Matt Brown said, the Conference is more on a par with League 2 than it is conference North.

So we will lose games against good sides. Losing happens sometimes. It's what we do after those losses that count.

The problem is on this board, as well as in the public, we have snipers with their own agenda to push.

Am I happy about losing last night. S..t no, I am seething we gave up a late goal. The china almost went flying but all that means is I have to get new china because a reaction like that achieves SFA.

But that isn't going to help the team. It's how we react to the kick in the guts that matter.

Mr Heath may be the manager of the future for Town, may be not but I will never wish for us to lose a game because I do or don't like him, as one of this board has professed to doing on a number of occasions.

Sorry to be blunt, and a little profane. But people need to pull their heads in because we are in a new division with a new squad of players and they like us, are learning that we have to do more than show up to get a result.

30 minutes ago, AFC Halifax said:

The boos were for the officials weren't they?

31 minutes ago, AFC Halifax said:

Couldn't agree more. Again, AFC Halifax, Mr Vincent and Flea (sometimes) consistently talk sense.

Some people on here have a short memory and have a very blinkered and unrealistic expectation. Some of the rubbish spouted on here is ridiculous and unhelpful to the morale of the team. I suspect those that are writing such negative comments have either no knowledge of football, trolls, too young to remember the truly awful times or windup merchants.

At half time I thought about what I would do if I was the Heath and couldn't come up with anything. Bringing on Josh and putting up against Dovers No.3 was an excellent change as he beat him time and time again, something the Kos couldn't do. Yes, we lost but on balance Dover were the better team. Im confident that Heath will turn it around.

It is time to all stand together and tough it out.

At last, some sense is being spoken, I've lost count of the times anyone with a positive slant,or, a more leveled view of things is simply shouted down by the boo boys, it gets depressing.

We are four games in , in a new league and to be honest doing better than I thought,we scored against Dover something not a lot of teams have done! A little tweak here and there and things will be fine! It's a learning curve.

It is not only depressing but embarrassing the way you back someone obviously out of his depth  and going nowhere, he has shown himself too stubborn to change his ways as he continues with his anti football performance, it is the same crowd who derided anyone who could clearly see Aspin had lost the plot. Loyalty is good, blind loyalty is dangerous and only for the deluded.

2 minutes ago, Mr Vincent said:

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Seems a lot of Town fans were sleeping last night instead of going down The Shay, 1486 and sinking, how many for the TV game coming up? Could be 3 figures, something has to give and soon.

Archived