Dover match thread

PeterPan

• Replies 449
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The "Heath out" brigade loved it last night. The team was playing well and conceded late on. Within seconds of that goal "Heath out, Heath out" The team could have given up like the outers did. They a

Your f***kng broadband hopefully! 

You really are priceless.

Posted Images

Denton a scapegoat, fair enough.

But there's plenty other candidates.

Kosylo, 10% brilliance, 45% running into blind alleys and losing the ball, 45% making petulant fouls and moaning.

2nd half we made a game of it. Doesn't alter the fact Dover scored twice and hit the bar twice, which is exactly what I'm going to do now.

Fans patience is hanging by a thread Billy boy.

We thought Kosylo did well tonight. At least he put a shift in unlike Dixon who barely broke sweat. Dover were deserved winners I'm afraid to say. Cliff did nothing wrong at RB and McD was a vast improvement on Charles. Like the rest of us, Billy still doesn't know his best team. 

Oh dear, the head in the sand brigade are all over this shite again.

We're not good enough .

Move over Billy, or we will be back in the never never land.

The board are to blame with not going full time and being able to attract quality players.

Please don't wait too long .

Cut the  diseased limb off and save the body.

1 minute ago, Stasi Pants said:

Denton a scapegoat, fair enough.

But there's plenty other candidates.

Kosylo, 10% brilliance, 45% running into blind alleys and losing the ball, 45% making petulant fouls and moaning.

2nd half we made a game of it. Doesn't alter the fact Dover scored twice and hit the bar twice, which is exactly what I'm going to do now.

Fans patience is hanging by a thread Billy boy.

Surely we'd score more if Kozzy stayed on the wing and crossed instead of drifting in and playing on the ground?

Well played tonight, so unlucky not to take a point. Denton man of the match. Josh Mac outshone the more illustrious Dion Charles. Better team 2nd half. Dover went man to man all over the pitch. The lads worked their nads off and will be gutted. Billy made a big positive change by bringing Morgan on and taking off the 3rd midfielder. Feel pretty down tonight and not helped by the idiots who were demanding the managers head after anything negative happens. I feel after 40 years my time listening to the doylums may be coming to an end. 

2 minutes ago, Che Bentos said:

We thought Kosylo did well tonight. At least he put a shift in unlike Dixon who barely broke sweat. Dover were deserved winners I'm afraid to say. Cliff did nothing wrong at RB and McD was a vast improvement on Charles. Like the rest of us, Billy still doesn't know his best team. 

Kosy was poor untiil the last 15 minutes. 

4 minutes ago, AFC Halifax said:

His petty squabbling is unquestionable 

Indeed, needs to cut that out of his game. In his defense, the ref was awful tonight, the fouls count was something like 22-6 to Dover, not saying we didn't commit that many, but Dover definitely committed more than that!

Just now, chrisbo61 said:

This goal scoring machine Adam Morgan, you know the one that scores every time he plays.......oh!

Oh

How many chances did he have? He actuality played quite well, his cut back to Kosylo was lovely, if only Kosylo returned the favour.

Yeah, this one hurts.

David Lynch has had a really tough introduction to Conference football.

Brown and Garner were rocks for the most part, know exactly what they're doing and put up a great fight.

Moyo put in as much effort as anyone on the pitch, but had a fair share of overcooked passes and didn't quite use his flank enough.

Wilde eventually set up the goal, for which thanks, seemed to participate pretty well but a lot went unnoticed from me.

Dixon and Oliver aren't quite up to it yet, and didn't seem to last too long. Took a better approach in a second half where we set up better.

Morgan featured in much more of a positively minded attack and there certainly needed to be someone playing alongside to Denton. But even then he was quiet, waiting for the ball to come to him and gesticulating rather than going for any within his range. Two up front was a crucial change, but I wish he'd get himself dirty for the team as he'll be twice the player.

Kosylo was just about the best man on the pitch, running around like mad to pick up everything he could, so much so that I was worried he's do himself an injury, with a priceless first touch that made him by far the best player of the ball we have. I can even excuse his selfishness given how poor the rest of the squad seemed to be at reading one another. He'll get it if he keeps trying, and I really think his endeavour didn't deserve so many moans directed towards him. How many attacks would we have had without his presence? 

Denton contributed a whole lot including in defence, and of course got us the goal. A lot of his work seems unappreciated but he was on form today. He's vindicated his position in the squad tonight, as much as it may limit what we can do.

Charles just couldn't get past his man and was completely ineffectual. Sadly no spark in the man tonight.

Macdonald was a marked improvement on him, as he pegged it every time to be first to the ball, and often outpaced his man to create problems. He does lack that aggression, and a couple of moments when the chance could've been his simply weren't taken once again, and he needs that faith in himself to chip in with a few strikes.

As for the way we've set up, I think this marks the end of the ground-out results that got us promoted, as they're not quite clicking with a team that's simultaneously working out how to beat a better standard of footballers, alongside a few newbies like Oliver and Dixon who don't seem well versed in it. When we're finding it very hard work to get past tougher defences, we need to afford ourselves more time to go for it. At least so we can figure out what works, because we're not reading each other well right now.

During the first half I've hardly seen a team as well marked as we were. It felt like our CBs had complete creative, ball-playing freedom in comparison and we couldn't work it out. A really featureless half that seemed to result in a Billy blowdrier treatment in the dressing room, as they came out early and took the fight to Dover in the second.

It seems to be a trope where once a season, we may get a late winner and be so in awe of ourselves that we immediately let one in at the other end. So with it coming this early, I hope that Heath and the players pulverise themselves over that. Of course Dover were showing their teeth, but it's a time when we really must grit ours too. But who knows, maybe it'll actually get us going? Any road, a decent manager hates that feeling more than any other. There's a great contradiction in football between us spreading out game time pensively and slowly grinding out the ideal result, and the three points being nicked in the final few seconds. Without Denton's equaliser and the subsequent drop of heads it would've been the final few minutes, and the lesson would be no different. We have to deal with that.

Luckily, unlike certain people who still bite at the manager's ankles until he falls in belief that the next one will be perfect, Billy Heath doesn't have the learning capacity of a pigeon, and he'll be hurting more than anyone tonight and be acutely aware of what's just happened.

Pearson scored the opener as Barnsley went on to win tonight. He'd be cracking in this squad.

3 minutes ago, chrisbo61 said:

This goal scoring machine Adam Morgan, you know the one that scores every time he plays.......oh!

Oh

Bring whoever you want on the pitch. Messi. Neymar. Suarez. The tactic is still guess which way it's going to bounce off Denton's head. And your bum chum Denton's scored 1 more in over 3 and a half games of football. Prolific!!!

2 minutes ago, Lewis said:

And have you ever heard of actually getting behind Heath and the lads for a change?

Nope because I want him gone. The way he's going he's helping me out quite a lot. I support the team not the manager who's making the team look worse with his tactics. 

1 minute ago, Greggs said:

Nope because I want him gone. The way he's going he's helping me out quite a lot. I support the team not the manager who's making the team look worse with his tactics. 

You quite clearly don't support the team though since you've said you want us to lose.

37 minutes ago, Guido said:

You really are priceless.

But he is bang on the button. I know being proved wrong is hard for you homoerotic masochists to take but it is a no brainer now, Billy Zero (plus one) will be on his way soon.

2 minutes ago, Pliny Harris said:

Kosylo was just about the best man on the pitch, running around like mad to pick up everything he could, so much so that I was worried he's do himself an injury, with a priceless first touch that made him by far the best player of the ball we have. I can even excuse his selfishness given how poor the rest of the squad seemed to be at reading one another. He'll get it if he keeps trying, and I really think his endeavour didn't deserve so many moans directed towards him. How many attacks would we have had without his presence? 

What!?!

I really do like Kosylo and the fact that he is willing to take the game by the scruff and try make things happen, but he was shocking today. Everything he tried simply didn't come off.

Every pass he made seemed to be either over hit or under hit. Many passes were to the wrong man, or were simply not made as he ran into a blind ally, lost the ball by trying to do too much, or made a poor attempt at a shot. 

His petulance also needs to be reigned in a lot as he is going to talk himself into trouble again and again. 

We need more players like him to take risks and to try create things, so not knocking him. He is a shining light in what is often negative football, so I can forgive him for trying to do something and failing. Tonight however, he simply didn't have a good game. He tried, but it simply didn't come off for him.

4 minutes ago, Greggs said:

Get a grip. You hated Aspin and he got us promoted, hated Heath and he got us promoted. Liked Harvey and he, well, you know. Starting to think you're a born loser, come across like one. 

Archived