Jump to content

Dover match thread


PeterPan

Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, royals1922 said:

Or to put it another way, the four teams we have played are right now 1st, 3rd, 13th  and 17 th( and with a game in hand).

It's been a welcome to hell, have a nice day, kind of fixturing.

Our next 4 games are much more winnable, just watch 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 449
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The "Heath out" brigade loved it last night. The team was playing well and conceded late on. Within seconds of that goal "Heath out, Heath out" The team could have given up like the outers did. They a

Your f***kng broadband hopefully! 

You really are priceless.

Posted Images

1 minute ago, Forever a Shayman said:

Solihull bookies favourites for the drop with Guiseley 2 massive games coming up 

I'll do my research in a couple of days after I let my "pi**ed off we lost" mood go away but we might get some players back and the 2 games a week might lessen.

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, mjc12345 said:

How on earth Denton stayed on for the full 90 minutes is beyond me. We seem to have a plan a but when we need something different nothing happens. Interview with Billy Heath will be the classic "we put the effort in" and "we had a good spell in the second half" and "we need to start taking chances" blah blah blah.

Whoever had a go at Tomlinson at the end of game was very uncalled for! The lad hasn't even played a minute tonight

How on earth can you berate Denton tonight is beyond me, he has won everything tonight, held the ball up well and contributed with a goal.

Don't read you having a go at Kosylo for being a glory hunter when he fails to play in Morgan twice when he is in space and in a better position.

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Shaymen2008 said:

Keep this up and we will match NFU's plight last season. Down with a whimper.

To put things into perspective, when we were relegated, we lost the first  4 games conceding 8 goals. The teams we played in those 4 losses finished in the 6th, 17, 18 and 19th positions in the league that year.

While Barrow and chester may be a chance to finish that low, Aldershot and Dover are likely to finish much higher.

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Shaymen101 said:

When morgan did get played in he failed to gamble and have a typical goal poaches tap in

If it was the ball across the six yard box, think it was Mcdonald who failed to gamble.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Right I'm having my say then getting off as by now I imagine your all having a Denton love In now he's done 1 good thing in 360 minutes of football. 

First the brand of football. Anyone who thinks that dross Is going to keep us in this league needs there head examining. Absolutely dire. Heath refuses to change though and is exactly the reason he will get the sack.  Hopefully sooner rather than later. 

Onto the shite players. Kossy was very poor tonight as were quite a few including Denton by the way. 1 goal does not and will not cover that up. You could put Ronaldo. Messi and aguero on that pitch and ask them to read a flick on they wouldnt fair any better. The style of hoofball is making us look terrible when we've actually got some very decent wide players. 

Does anyone here think that standard of football was good enough?. 

The comments I heard on show tonight not from me. 

"piss off heath and take Denton with you" 

And on the way out of the ground a lad said "first things first get Denton out of the team. He is the shittist footballer ive ever seen" 

And the comments I made throughout the game got only nods of approval and 0 people saying I was talking ****. 

The sarcastic applause towards heath when a sub was made says it all about what many people think about him. 

First time in 20 years supporting the club I've not been dissapointed to lose. As quite frankly it's just rubbish. And I'm happy to take the hit of losing the next 8 or 9 if it meant getting rid of Heath. Hes not tye answer. 1 dimensional and refuses to add another gamelan. 

But rest assured apart from your positivity crew on here. Ive got most of the South Stand in my corner. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Better second half than first, but both their goals came about when we were on the attack and lost pocession cheaply  Do that and you then invite pressure on yourselves. Dover won all the 50/50s, probably with the help of the Ref.

 Dare I say it if we had started with the team that finished we might have got some kind of result.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, royals1922 said:

To put things into perspective, when we were relegated, we lost the first  4 games conceding 8 goals. The teams we played in those 4 losses finished in the 6th, 17, 18 and 19th positions in the league that year.

While Barrow and chester may be a chance to finish that low, Aldershot and Dover are likely to finish much higher.

What are you on about with all these stats that you reply with to everyone ... stats don't win games. We need to be taking 3 points against teams like Dover at home 

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Greggs said:

Right I'm having my say then getting off as by now I imagine your all having a Denton love In now he's done 1 good thing in 360 minutes of football. 

First the brand of football. Anyone who thinks that dross Is going to keep us in this league needs there head examining. Absolutely dire. Heath refuses to change though and is exactly the reason he will get the sack.  Hopefully sooner rather than later. 

Onto the shite players. Kossy was very poor tonight as were quite a few including Denton by the way. 1 goal does not and will not cover that up. You could put Ronaldo. Messi and aguero on that pitch and ask them to read a flick on they wouldnt fair any better. The style of hoofball is making us look terrible when we've actually got some very decent wide players. 

Does anyone here think that standard of football was good enough?. 

The comments I heard on show tonight not from me. 

"piss off heath and take Denton with you" 

And on the way out of the ground a lad said "first things first get Denton out of the team. He is the shittist footballer ive ever seen" 

And the comments I made throughout the game got only nods of approval and 0 people saying I was talking ****. 

The sarcastic applause towards heath when a sub was made says it all about what many people think about him. 

First time in 20 years supporting the club I've not been dissapointed to lose. As quite frankly it's just rubbish. And I'm happy to take the hit of losing the next 8 or 9 if it meant getting rid of Heath. Hes not tye answer. 1 dimensional and refuses to add another gamelan. 

But rest assured apart from your positivity crew on here. Ive got most of the South Stand in my corner. 

You really are priceless.

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Greggs said:

First time in 20 years supporting the club I've not been dissapointed to lose. As quite frankly it's just rubbish. And I'm happy to take the hit of losing the next 8 or 9 if it meant getting rid of Heath. Hes not tye answer. 1 dimensional and refuses to add another gamelan. 

Don't bother turning up if you don't want us to win then you muppet.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Awful first 45 mins, although we got better as the game went on. The second half was a hell of a marked improvement, however it was still not good enough.

Charles has been dire since returning, so I'd like to see Morgan given a chance in place of him now. Worst player on the pitch was Kosylo, who's passing was dreadful, very poor decision making and his shooting even worse.

To lose the game in the last minute is sickening, as it was so hard to get back into the game. We didn't see it out and its not acceptable really. Dover outclassed us throughout and that naivety at the end is so frustrating. 

I'm frustrated at how negative our play is for the most part, although as a unit we are often strong. I do think we have enough players with attacking flair to actually play a bit more adventurous - especially at home - and I think it has to be asked when are we going to actually try to take control and dominate a bit of play. Lets dictate the tempo for a bit. In my opinion we now need to go to Solihull and get a win, just to give us a boost.

The only major plus is I am hearing that Jordon Sinnott will soon be returning to us on loan until January. 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Still raw after tonight, tough to take conceding so late.

After tonight, this is my assessment of the situation. The players in this squad are good enough for this division. The back 5 with Vera at RB are very solid.

It is simply the method that is wrong. Basically Heath set up 4-5-1 at home. I know some will argue it was 4-3-3 but you can't believe that when Charles and Kosylo are always 40 yards away from Denton (who I thought was excellent by the way). 

We looked much better when Morgan and MacDonald were introduced, more pace, and movement up top.

Kosylo is so limited, I know he offers a great deal, but more often than not he makes the wrong decision, either offensively or defensively. He should have squared to Morgan at least twice, OR hit the target at minimum.

Morgan's cut back was great Kosylos finish typically awful, he has a wonderful footballing brain (Morgan)

When your default setting is negative and not to lose, you're always more susceptible to concede in the manner we did.

Their keeper has had to make 1 save in 90 minutes.

 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Tonight there were some glimpses of good football but overall again it was a very dull game as they all seem to be these days. I am honestly bored as most games at the moment. Can't fault Denton as he does offer something and is useful but when there are no team mates anywhere close to him it makes him look bad. First half was so negative koslyo and Charles could have been mistaken for being full backs rather than attackers. I know players need to defend but attacking players usually can attack too. Oliver has a football brain but looks so slow as does most of the squad take away the wingers. Heath has put together the slowest team in history. 

Denton if he plays needs someone along side him rather than 3 20 yards off the pace

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Flea said:

The only major plus is I am hearing that Jordon Sinnott will soon be returning to us on loan until January. 

I so hope you're right with that one. Could do with his creativity back in the team.

Link to post
Share on other sites

It was my first game this term. Missed the grand finale as had to dash for the train.

My god though, that was the most depressing torturous near hour and a half of depressing vile I've ever had to sit through. Utter utter dross.

Link to post
Share on other sites

The fans know best eh.....big cheers for the substitution of Morgan who comes on and does.....NOTHING!!!!! This league is difficult, get that into your heads and points are not easy to come by. How is the defending for the 2nd Dover goal Heaths fault? Is it Heaths fault that no one got on the end of Olivers cross? The next two games will be the best gauge of where we actually are...but the effort of the players tonight was good enough for me except Dixon who appeared disinterested in the main. keep calm and follow the shay men! 

Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Guido said:

How on earth can you berate Denton tonight is beyond me, he has won everything tonight, held the ball up well and contributed with a goal.

Don't read you having a go at Kosylo for being a glory hunter when he fails to play in Morgan twice when he is in space and in a better position.

Won everything? What game was you at?

At Kosylo puts effort in and tries. What on earth is Denton doing? No doubt he will be first name on teamsheet on Saturday!

Link to post
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.


×
×
  • Create New...