Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Benfcht

Kevin Roberts

1 minute ago, Greggs said:

Yes I've just realised this. And Internet research helped. Hate people taking the piss. No need. 

Liven up a bit pal. I'm sure we will find a decent replacement 

Just now, waaslebner said:

I doubt we'll even sign a replacement 

We will otherwise we wouldn't have let him go :)

1 minute ago, TJAshton said:

Liven up a bit pal. I'm sure we will find a decent replacement 

Yes I'm concerned that heath won't see it that way though and we start the season with moyo at right back. Which I think most can agree would not fill us with any confidence. 

Just now, Greggs said:

Yes I'm concerned that heath won't see it that way though and we start the season with moyo at right back. Which I think most can agree would not fill us with any confidence. 

Moyo will not be right back. 

5 minutes ago, royals1922 said:

All our transfer business so far in and out has been done in secrecy so when a player is officially or sold, I'll believe it.

told you begining of week 1 in 1 out....

1 minute ago, Steve Lanzarote said:

told you begining of week 1 in 1 out....

You did say there would be another vacancy and from memory I did not doubt you.

To be truthful, one player does not make a football team and players come and go all the time. Sometimes you get the pineapple juice, other times the rough end of the pineapple. this time we get the rough end. 

Can you imagine a Wrexham supporter reading this thread. They would think that not only have they got a good player but they have damaged another side in the Conference.

All this grief is entirely counterproductive.

27 minutes ago, EnglishRed said:

@ Mr vincent

I wouldn't say we are in decline. Roberts, Pearson, Manny Smith and James Jennings is a marked improvement to last year's defence.

Riley is a good player but him Leaving us (we didn't offer him a contract) is not an indication of a decline just a sign of what a terrible squad Gary Mills put together. 

Fair enough comment - all I can say as a Halifax follower to sign Wrexhams skipper and player of the year and allow an aging Kevin Roberts to leave to make room for a sub 30s player who has League 2 and Conference promotions in his cabinet in recent years then I still think that in this respect we have done some good business. 

2 minutes ago, Mr Vincent said:

Fair enough comment - all I can say as a Halifax follower to sign Wrexhams skipper and player of the year and allow an aging Kevin Roberts to leave to make room for a sub 30s player who has League 2 and Conference promotions in his cabinet in recent years then I still think that in this respect we have done some good business. 

And Roberts would have been on good money so it means more to spend elsewhere.

6 minutes ago, Mr Vincent said:

Riley is a good player and a good signing for you. Unless you mean someone else?

Ageing? Isn't Roberts 27? Not exactly old. I'm sure there are reasons he's been allowed to leave to join us. Sometimes players just need a change of clubs. Good luck in the coming season, great to see you boys back. 

4 minutes ago, EnglishRed said:

Riley is a good player and a good signing for you. Unless you mean someone else?

Ageing? Isn't Roberts 27? Not exactly old. I'm sure there are reasons he's been allowed to leave to join us. Sometimes players just need a change of clubs. Good luck in the coming season, great to see you boys back. 

Yeah his choice apparently. Family reasons and full time football. 

6 minutes ago, EnglishRed said:

Riley yes happy with him. 

And I always thought Roberts was in his 30s. Surprised when just checked. 

Also fairly confident that the replacement we have lined up if true is an improvement in Roberts so happy with our lot. 

19 minutes ago, Mr Vincent said:

Martin Bishop from Rangers Lol 

Club couldnt afford my beer tab 

1 minute ago, Bish said:

Club couldnt afford my beer tab 

Your dark fruit juice tab you mean. Tha can't sup ale lad, never have been able to Lol

(Says a man that left a major darts tournament on a stretcher)