Jump to content

Signings and Losses from each conference club


royals1922

Recommended Posts

  • Replies 325
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I can't say I know what Neil Young has been doing, but I doubt very much he'd get the scouting job then sit at home each evening watching Corrie because he's been working his day job during the day.

You forget the stadium roar, their twelfth man. 

Great news for us—Maidenhead United's prolific striker Dave Tarpey has signed for Barnet tonight on the hour.

23 minutes ago, holmbridge said:

So that's 9 mercenaries or 9 journeymen on the way to an easy retirement?  Not a good thing either way.  

They could really fly or really stink. From recollection their new manager is their 5th in a year and a half and has joined a few weeks ago.Their 9 league players may click immediately or play like 9 separate individuals.

Also not many of the team would have played at Fylde or Barrow or even some of the southern conference clubs.

I really don't know how they will go. 

Would have been good to play them early on.

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, royals1922 said:

They could really fly or really stink. From recollection their new manager is their 5th in a year and a half and has joined a few weeks ago.Their 9 league players may click immediately or play like 9 separate individuals.

Also not many of the team would have played at Fylde or Barrow or even some of the southern conference clubs.

I really don't know how they will go. 

Would have been good to play them early on.

Sept. 12 is reasonably early if they don't hit the ground running.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, royals1922 said:

They could really fly or really stink. From recollection their new manager is their 5th in a year and a half and has joined a few weeks ago.Their 9 league players may click immediately or play like 9 separate individuals.

Also not many of the team would have played at Fylde or Barrow or even some of the southern conference clubs.

I really don't know how they will go. 

Would have been good to play them early on.

....or all the other possibilities in between;)

Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, royals1922 said:

Interesting friendly result this close to the start of the season. Harrogate 3 Gateshead 0.

Gateshead brought in over 10 players yet got beaten easily by conference north opposition.

 

That goes without saying, ten new players takes much longer to gel as a team! That's why with fewer players brought in we are in a better position.

Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, chrisbo61 said:

That goes without saying, ten new players takes much longer to gel as a team! That's why with fewer players brought in we are in a better position.

If we had lost to Harrogate 3-0 this weekend, instead of to Bradford, the thread would be up to 100 posts by now.

Aspin's interview about the game tries to downplay the loss and cloaks his concern a little.

I had Gateshead doing reasonably this year but maybe.......

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Icke's Lizard said:

I said the otherday, Gateshead are going to flirt with relegation, I've just got a feeling.

They've lost 3 players to league sides ( leaving aside their  players to conference sides) which means their good youngsters have left and for the most part, as with most signings at this level, journeymen have come in.

Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, royals1922 said:

They've lost 3 players to league sides ( leaving aside their  players to conference sides) which means their good youngsters have left and for the most part, as with most signings at this level, journeymen have come in.

You forget the stadium roar, their twelfth man. :rolleyes:

Link to post
Share on other sites

Guisley have made 4 signings, their Leeds loan players from last year and a couple of trialists.

It was pointed out in an article that one of Woking's signings, including loans, had played at 11 clubs before Woking and ........ he is 24.

Jason Banton has been on the books of Liverpool, Palace, Leicester, Plymouth, Wycombe, Notts County and Crawley and played loan spells at 4 other clubs. For Plymouth he played 52 games(including loan games) and played over 10 games at only 2 other clubs.

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, royals1922 said:

More signing news. Orient have just lost their 7th player to a league side while Fylde have signed Grand from Salford and, for interest to us, Aldershot have signed an ex league player.

I have read that Orient have sold a striker to Norwich for a reported £250k, and loaned him straight back. Another youngster has gone to Brighton in a rumoured £400k deal. They have also signed another defender and are looking at a right-winger from Cheltenham.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.


×
×
  • Create New...