Rumour mill

Steve Lanzarote

2 minutes ago, AFC Halifax said:

Not sure how you can come to that conclusion that Barrows is better than Moyo. 

I'll throw Jake Hibbs' name into the ring. Maybe he isn't the star we though he might become but his abilty as a back up full back and a centre midfielder is surely better then Moyo's ability?

Theres nowt I can do about Moyo's re-signing other than get behind him and support him in games. I just don't think he is good enough for the national league, full stop. He's a nice lad and I know you lads get on with him well. For me he isn't a footballer, he's just a good lad who has kept himself in good shape and tries, his ability as a footballer is minimal imo.

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

First retainee I have to say I disagree with keeping, don't think he is good enough for this level but we know he'll always battle away and give his all so I hope he proves me wrong 

We will have a squad of around 20 players (excluding youth players) there or there abouts in my opinion.  Not all those 20 can play each week - and you can't have them all expecting to be starter

At the risk of repeating myself. How many players dropped down two divisions to join Neil Aspin in the evo-stik. It is exactly the same. Players leaving for bigger wages and potential. None of us had

8 minutes ago, Icke's Lizard said:

I'll throw Jake Hibbs' name into the ring. Maybe he isn't the star we though he might become but his abilty as a back up full back and a centre midfielder is surely better then Moyo's ability?

Theres nowt I can do about Moyo's re-signing other than get behind him and support him in games. I just don't think he is good enough for the national league, full stop. He's a nice lad and I know you lads get on with him well. For me he isn't a footballer, he's just a good lad who has kept himself in good shape and tries, his ability as a footballer is minimal imo.

I would like to know how you think Barrows is a better player.

1 minute ago, AFC Halifax said:

I would like to know how you think Barrows is a better player.

Because I have faith and blind faith too. Maybe I should have put a question mark after the comment because you're right, I can't prove, I hold my hands up you've got me! ha.

I used the example because with 2 players for every defensive position I would have thought Moyo was on his way.

4 minutes ago, Icke's Lizard said:

Because I have faith and blind faith too. Maybe I should have put a question mark after the comment because you're right, I can't prove, I hold my hands up you've got me! ha.

I used the example because with 2 players for every defensive position I would have thought Moyo was on his way.

I expect Barrows, Khan and Basic to do pre season with the first team and then go out on loan for a period 

1 minute ago, AFC Halifax said:

I expect Barrows, Khan and Basic to do pre season with the first team and then go out on loan for a period 

You're probably right,

Its do or die for Khan this season, the jury is still out on him but I have faith in raw enthusiasm, especially for a striker putting pressure on defenders and making forward runs. The other 2 will maybe have a little bit more leeway to make a mistake seeing as its their first year as 'first-teamers'

Concerning re signing moyo. Not good enough for the north so baffled by retaining him for the conference. Lots of talk of us wanting to be further along with our signings and not making the progress we would have liked. Potentially a tough season ahead.

1 minute ago, Val_Owen said:

Concerning re signing moyo. Not good enough for the north so baffled by retaining him for the conference. Lots of talk of us wanting to be further along with our signings and not making the progress we would have liked. Potentially a tough season ahead.

Pre season starts in a couple of weeks and the season in 6/7 weeks. No need to panic and plenty of time yet. 

We will have a squad of around 20 players (excluding youth players) there or there abouts in my opinion. 

Not all those 20 can play each week - and you can't have them all expecting to be starters in their respective position.

What Moyo does is give us cover in both Defence and in Midfield. As far as "wasting a wage" goes, giving it to someone like him who can cover so many positions and has the versatility isn't the worst thing in the world. 

Going on last season I wouldn't expect him to play every week and to be one of the main and first names on a team sheet but over the season I think he will be able to show his worth. He gives us options in several areas and can be very useful if we need to see a game out with players tired/injured.

I'm not pro or against Moyos resigning. He is there as your " break glass in case of fire " option and covers a lot of bases. 

Does he bring a lot to the table. Probably not much besides his experience and his ability to get along but you need a player or two like that in your squad.

He may even end up going on out on loan at some point to a North side during the year for match fitness. 

Anyway maybe he will surprise us all. 

Don't think Cliff will play as many games as last year unless we have as many injuries as last year but could be called upon. Would imagine Hotte is at the front of the midfield cover queue.

Think the negativity is due to the fact that occasionally squad members have to play. The ability to play poorly in a number of positions also is not a strength.

Aspin's ruthlessness with fringe players was hard at times but I could see his logic. I would rather take a chance on a new player, we have a nucleus of players who are staying. 

Here's an interesting player on the up.....Filip Valencic - 25 year old from Slovenia.

He's currently playing for PS Kemi in The Finnish Top League (Veikkausliiga)

He played for Notts County 2015-16.....9 games, 1 goal.

For Kemi he's scored 6 goals in his last 5 games.....and 12 goals in last 18.

Archived