Rumour mill

Steve Lanzarote

1 hour ago, Bobbins said:

Bencherif will be a beast at that level

Saw Bencherif play in the trophy for York in February, against a Conf North attack that was firing at the time.

He helped them keep a clean sheet and it looked a doddle for him.

He'll do well.

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

First retainee I have to say I disagree with keeping, don't think he is good enough for this level but we know he'll always battle away and give his all so I hope he proves me wrong 

We will have a squad of around 20 players (excluding youth players) there or there abouts in my opinion.  Not all those 20 can play each week - and you can't have them all expecting to be starter

At the risk of repeating myself. How many players dropped down two divisions to join Neil Aspin in the evo-stik. It is exactly the same. Players leaving for bigger wages and potential. None of us had

2 hours ago, Icke's Lizard said:

Cristiano Ronaldo has said he wants to leave Real Madrid. If we all check down the back of the settee and in the footwell of our cars then we should manage to put in a decent bid.

I've got about some 25c US to help.

3 hours ago, Icke's Lizard said:

Cristiano Ronaldo has said he wants to leave Real Madrid. If we all check down the back of the settee and in the footwell of our cars then we should manage to put in a decent bid.

Not proven at this level...don´t waste your money.:P

13 hours ago, nw3casc1 said:

bloody hell...he sould be playing at a higher level...

He'll be playing at the same level as he would gad he stayed at Altrincham, he's also 31 and done very little for a year or 2 now, i'm not sure there would have been that many takers at CN level.

17 minutes ago, G-H said:

Apparently Reeves did have offers at CN level and even one National team, hope it wasn't us!

I would think those in the CN would have been lower end clubs, cant imagine any of the bigger/money clubs would have been interested.

It could well have been us or Guiesley as who else in the north are likely takers? That said you never hear footballers say ' i came here because no one else wanted me' theres always other interest once they've safely signed somewhere.

On ‎16‎/‎06‎/‎2017‎ ‎14‎:‎29‎:‎49, royals1922 said:

If you were a Conference club can you imagine trying to sell Hamza as a new signing   - here is a player  that was relegated the last 2 years with 2 different clubs......

Hamza, a poor man's Neil Redfearn

4 hours ago, samfcht said:

First retainee I have to say I disagree with keeping, don't think he is good enough for this level but we know he'll always battle away and give his all so I hope he proves me wrong 

Agreed, wasn't good enough for us in any level of the game except commitment in Conference North. Bit part player which we should have been looking to improve. 

Cliff isn't good enough the national league imo. Good luck to Kevin Roberts being an ever present coz we'll need it.

Moyo still plays like we did as kids when we all rushed to the ball. His positional awareness just doesn't exist and I'm sorry to be harsh and negative but I think its a really poor cheapskate deal and it makes me worry a little bit. Surely we could have improved on him, even for a bit part player?

I'll give him credit and say he tries and he really does, and I i hate being tight on players but I think he's garbage. As always, I'm up for being proved wrong and apologising next April but I think he'll cost us a good 7pts this season.

Kev doesn't miss many games and Barrows has to be just as good as Moyo albeit without as much experience. Would've just had him as backup which would have been the cheapskate option but I'd have been happy with that to strengthen elsewhere.

33 minutes ago, G-H said:

Kev doesn't miss many games and Barrows has to be just as good as Moyo albeit without as much experience. Would've just had him as backup which would have been the cheapskate option but I'd have been happy with that to strengthen elsewhere.

Aye good point, Moyo's wage could have been used to attract a better player in another position maybe?

Just now, AFC Halifax said:

We still need squad players and Cliff fits that role.  

As G-H says, Barrows is as good as Moyo.

Maybe being a little bit of a utility player helps Moyo's cause and your argument but I really think we could and should be doing better than him.

4 minutes ago, Icke's Lizard said:

As G-H says, Barrows is as good as Moyo.

Maybe being a little bit of a utility player helps Moyo's cause and your argument but I really think we could and should be doing better than him.

Not sure how you can come to that conclusion that Barrows is better than Moyo. 

Archived