Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Benfcht

Signings for next season

Can't b£gin to imagin£ what mad£ him want to drop down a l£v£l?

Salford making a real go of it for next season then.

It's like they were planning for National League football but they're still able to persuade the players to join after failing to go up. Oh well we don't have to face them and Gateshead will have a job on trying to replace him so hopefully they will be a bit weaker. 

32 minutes ago, Lewis said:

Probably the same reason that several dropped down the divisions to follow Aspin from Harrogate to us. Money and potential. These players aren't earning money that they could retire on at 30 so if given the chance who can blame them.

George Thomson's rejected a new contract at FC United, potential Sinnott replacement maybe?

2 hours ago, Lewis said:

It seems Town were the big bad bullies who squashed the Class of 92's dreams......

Bring on the Darth Vader music.......

To be fair I can predict fairly confidently that we are going to sign someone that noones heard of and another who everyone said they knew we'd sign, but really they didn't have a clue!

3 minutes ago, Jmc said:

James Poole to Alty ! Strange one 

Follows John Johnston from Salford as well. Massive statement of intent by Alty, can see them walking the Evostik next season.

We can second guess all closed season & almost certainly be wrong, BH & the BOD wiIl have their retained list & new player targets so we will have to be patient. Plan to have some summertime R&R now a rollercoaster season is successfully done.

Looking at strikers, Ross Hannah would be a great option to look at. Struggled for game time at barrow so it's realistic. Plus, Liam king is his best mate!

Just now, Benfcht said:

Looking at strikers, Ross Hannah would be a great option to look at. Struggled for game time at barrow so it's realistic. Plus, Liam king is his best mate!

very similar style of player to Morgan so would have to be one or the other imo, will be on decent wages at Barrow too I imagine

Just now, samfcht said:

very similar style of player to Morgan so would have to be one or the other imo, will be on decent wages at Barrow too I imagine

Can't say i agree with that tbh. Hannah is a bit bigger and puts himself about more. I agree on the wages part but he's not been getting much game time. I wouldn't rule it out that's for sure

2 minutes ago, samfcht said:

I agree with ajs and the fact he is a proven goal scorer at this level, whilst Morgan isn't is a big factor

I think player turnover this close season will be smaller than people are hoping, but that probably won't be a bad thing. 

Not brave or knowledgeable enough to mention names, but key to me will be a midfielder in the mould or with the calibre of Lois Maynard, a CB to provide backup in the scenario of Matty Brown being out again, and signing Sammy Johnson will be the biggest retention since Gregs in the January 2014 transfer window. I'd also give one or two young and rising forwards a chance in pre-season regardless of their particular talents, and even if they don't prove themselves too well we're not doomed with Denton, Peniket and Morgan as options either. But I fancy our chances considering how even Shaun Tuton was on absolute fire for six weeks.

We're not desperate otherwise. Perhaps we'll lose one or two due to travel commitments. The battle for first LB position between Wilde and McManus may eclipse the signing news at times. Macca has some way to go before he's fully match fit.

Whatever signings we do make, they'll be made with the entire squad in mind anyway. Reading back on the interviews with certain new signings last summer and obviously with what's happened this season, team players seem to be #1 priority.

Leeds released a few we could look at billy whitehouse who we had on loan when we were last in this league played one game against Grimsby scored and then never played again and purver CM was at guisley last year possible