Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Benfcht

Signings for next season

Opening this thread for people to discuss possible signings for next season. Lewis Montrose from Stockport would be a good signing to strengthen the midfield imo.

Agree, for the midfield I would sign him and an attacking midfielder who has already proven himself at national (not saying anyone we have isn't good enough). I would also want to sign Mark Beck from Darlington, great finisher and target man, could partner Morgan/Peniket?

2 minutes ago, Shaymen101 said:

Agree, for the midfield I would sign him and an attacking midfielder who has already proven himself at national (not saying anyone we have isn't good enough). I would also want to sign Mark Beck from Darlington, great finisher and target man, could partner Morgan/Peniket?

I also agree about beck. A partnership with penny would be too slow imo but with Morgan he could be deadly. Shame Heath likes playing with one and not two strikers.

1 minute ago, Benfcht said:

I also agree about beck. A partnership with penny would be too slow imo but with Morgan he could be deadly. Shame Heath likes playing with one and not two strikers.

Might try something different in national, that could just be his deadly national league north promotion formula!

4 minutes ago, Benfcht said:

When did Morgan become rapid ? He's quick thinking and got a good footballing brain but his pace lets him down

wouldn't even say its necessarily how BH planned to operate in the north, he started the season playing 2 strikers (or 3 including when it seemed he was maybe trying to shoehorn Penny, Denton and Burrow in the same team by playing Peniket on the left) but the way the season has panned out and our best shape we've ended up mainly playing with one, I do hope we can find a way to play next season that incoporates Morgan if he's still here as he has that extra bit of quality we're going to need going up a level

Just now, Wilder Bollox said:

When did Morgan become rapid ? He's quick thinking and got a good footballing brain it his pace lets him down

His movement is top class which allows him a yard on defenders. Much like slower players from top leagues like ibrahimovic. As well, still much quicker than most defenders in the national league.

Number 1 target has to Johnson. Maybe Charles but he seems incisistent and would Fleetwood let us have him again. Then we need to make sure we retain the majority of players out of contract. Regarding new signings, it's really hard to say.

Let's face it, we'll only sign players out of contracts at other clubs so that rules people like Montrose out. I'd take people like Beck and Phenix but it will probably depend on whether they are contracted or not plus Salford are going full time which might affect us in the transfer market. I think it's safe to say this could be the hardest season ever to predict who's going to join us.

Surely got to be looking at Elliot Durrell again as he's been released by Chester, Blaine Hudson as well

10 minutes ago, Benfcht said:

Surely got to be looking at Elliot Durrell again as he's been released by Chester, Blaine Hudson as well

Hudson was awful at the Shay last time we played Wrexham, was scared of being given the ball in the end

1 minute ago, samfcht said:

Hudson was awful at the Shay last time we played Wrexham, was scared of being given the ball in the end

Not gonna get much better backup, plus one game does not determine a player. There's a reason he hasn't dropped below the conference

Just now, born to moan said:

Look at North Ferriby, who they got left worth having.

the rumoured one we were after but didn't get due to not being able to agree a fee was Curtis Bateson, suspect if we got Charles in permanently he would then be off the radar as think he plays a similar role

23 minutes ago, AJS said:

Number 1 target has to Johnson. Maybe Charles but he seems incisistent and would Fleetwood let us have him again. Then we need to make sure we retain the majority of players out of contract. Regarding new signings, it's really hard to say.

Let's face it, we'll only sign players out of contracts at other clubs so that rules people like Montrose out. I'd take people like Beck and Phenix but it will probably depend on whether they are contracted or not plus Salford are going full time which might affect us in the transfer market. I think it's safe to say this could be the hardest season ever to predict who's going to join us.

Would help if Charles was played on the right.Got bags of potential.

1 hour ago, Riders of Rohan said:

Never thought I would see "hard working" and Wroe in the same sentence.

My thoughts exactly..................:o

44 minutes ago, ActionJackson said:

Creative/attacking midfielder a must.

Sinnott played well yesterday, that pass to Roberts for the first goal , it needed that bit of creativity and he provided it.

46 minutes ago, samfcht said:

the rumoured one we were after but didn't get due to not being able to agree a fee was Curtis Bateson, suspect if we got Charles in permanently he would then be off the radar as think he plays a similar role

Think we missed out on Palmer too who opted for Guiseley. Not sure if it was a 1 year deal or not but now we're in the league he wanted to be at maybe he can be swayed to join back up with Billy.