Ticketing Farce

vinnyweknuts

24 minutes ago, noelm1979 said:

How many tickets do you think we should have had?

Do you think that the game should have been moved to a bigger ground so that every single one of our regular 1500 home fans could go, thus eliminating any kind of home leg advantage for Salford?

Stop talking sense :)

• Replies 249
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Went to get my ticket this afternoon, first time I've seen Rugby posts on The Shay. I was nearly sick.

It's like Brackley all over again. There comes a point when you have to understand, that the reason we are given 'tinpot' allocations by 'tinpot' clubs, is because we are 'tinpot' enough to get r

Why? Most play off semi finals in the football league will be all ticket and sell outs with supporters missing out.

Posted Images

2 hours ago, noelm1979 said:

How many tickets do you think we should have had?

Do you think that the game should have been moved to a bigger ground so that every single one of our regular 1500 home fans could go, thus eliminating any kind of home leg advantage for Salford?

I believe they could have stretched to 1000 given each sides relative support; fairer to us and still gives them a numerical advantage given their restrictions.

Coolio?

6 minutes ago, Shayite432 said:

I believe they could have stretched to 1000 given each sides relative support; fairer to us and still gives them a numerical advantage given their restrictions.

Coolio?

That would mean they would probably only have two or three hundred more than us. 

Theoretical question for you if Leeds United got a cup game at The Shay do think they would be right to ask for all of Skircoat, North Stand and half of the East stand (leaving us around 2700 as a guesstimate) because that would be relative to each of our support? 

10 minutes ago, noelm1979 said:

That would mean they would probably only have two or three hundred more than us. 

Theoretical question for you if Leeds United got a cup game at The Shay do think they would be right to ask for all of Skircoat, North Stand and half of the East stand (leaving us around 2700 as a guesstimate) because that would be relative to each of our support? 

Back in the early 90s didn't we allocate the skircoat to Burnley fans in a bid to cash in on a bumper crowd, much to the annoyance then of our own fans?

Dont blame Salford for giving us the minimum they have to, it's making the most of home advantage. Also wouldn't blame us if the away dressing room lights stopped working on Sunday, or if there was a blocked toilet and no hot water.

2 minutes ago, Bobbins said:

Also wouldn't blame us if the away dressing room lights stopped working on Sunday, or if there was a blocked toilet and no hot water.

You might think that sort of thing would be fair game but I disagree.

One thing about this club is that it acts with integrity and tries to do things the right way. I think some tinpot team like Buxton once did the changing room flooded and in dark rubbish to us and it jut showed them up for the pathetic lot they are.

Quite simply this whole allocation is poor, but considering Salford only have around 1500 tickets for themselves they are hardly cutting off their nose to spite their face, as that is hardly a huge allocation for them either. Had they had space for 5000 fans and were still giving us just 600 then fair enough, they would be fair game for a bit more stick, but underhand tactics like deliberately giving them a bad welcome is the act of people with low underhand morals.

It's like Brackley all over again.

There comes a point when you have to understand, that the reason we are given 'tinpot' allocations by 'tinpot' clubs, is because we are 'tinpot' enough to get relegated to Division 6 and their quite adequate grounds for that level of football.

All the more reason to get promoted and enjoy the Maracana-like expanses of Guiseley.

3 hours ago, noelm1979 said:

How about an non theoretical question for you..

Wasn't Bradford game 50/50?  All our fans and those of theirs who wanted to go were sorted, not a play off but done sensibly and fairly.

56 minutes ago, awaydays said:

Bet tomorrow night's match programme will sell out quickly.

Out of interest, you posted yesterday about hangers on - Do you have anyone specific in mind when you said this?

I'm interested to know if you have seen someone more than once doing that this season.

56 minutes ago, AFC Halifax said:

Have Salford sold all their tickets yet? 

Not yet, over 1800 sold from both clubs combined so far.

if the 2100 capacity that's been mentioned is correct that leaves 300 to sell for them tomorrow.

Picked the tickets up after a dreadful journey to the Shay,The worst accident I've ever seen on the M55 which included 4 cars and two wagons which resulted in the motorway being closed for 8 hours and sadly one man died and it just makes you think how precious life is so just hope its worth it at 945 tomorrow.

18 minutes ago, Flea said:

Out of interest, you posted yesterday about hangers on - Do you have anyone specific in mind when you said this?

I'm interested to know if you have seen someone more than once doing that this season.

Talking to my mate last who is a priority season ticket holder at bfd city they have 1200 of these first dibs on tickets for away games. Doesn't  Think he'll  get ticket for Fleetwood though as city have been given 700  no rules in EFL  about minimum ticket allocation for play off games. Perhaps 600 isn't  that bad.

12 hours ago, Bobbins said:

Back in the early 90s didn't we allocate the skircoat to Burnley fans in a bid to cash in on a bumper crowd, much to the annoyance then of our own fans?

Dont blame Salford for giving us the minimum they have to, it's making the most of home advantage. Also wouldn't blame us if the away dressing room lights stopped working on Sunday, or if there was a blocked toilet and no hot water.

Best revenge is to hurt them on the scoreboard and in the stands with our voices.

Time to let this go now.  

Game day so focus on the match. Continuing to go on about this is making our fans look a little silly, like spoilt children. We are not the first and won't be the last  to experience a shortage of tickets for big games  

Those going enjoy, those not going save your energy and voices for the 2nd leg 

15 hours ago, Steve Lanzarote said:

Take a lie down and have a beer btm.:(

Still not right Lanzo, i had a nightmare last night i was flying over Rugby posts. Seeing them posts on The Shay pitch it did not look right, it was like looking in the Fishmongers window and seeing Tits on a Flatfish.

Archived