Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Richmond96

Morgan to score again today.

I think DB has unearthed another great striker in Morgan. Can even see him moving onto some club like QPR in due course, hopefully for a fat fee. Wish Gregory would be sold and we get a cut but this doesn't seem so likely now.

48 minutes ago, Richmond96 said:

Wish Gregory would be sold and we get a cut but this doesn't seem so likely now.

Dont think Gregory or Vardys stock will ever be as high as it was last summer. Shame for us that neither player moved on. 

11 hours ago, Richmond96 said:

I think DB has unearthed another great striker in Morgan. Can even see him moving onto some club like QPR in due course, hopefully for a fat fee. Wish Gregory would be sold and we get a cut but this doesn't seem so likely now.

When did DB (David Bosomworth?) become Chief Scout, if so who is now Chairman?

i know I've not been keeping up.

6 minutes ago, Riders of Rohan said:

He picks the team now too, just ask the numbskulls in the other thread.

1 hour ago, G-H said:

He picks the team now too, just ask the numbskulls in the other thread.

Are those the same fellows who not two weeks ago wished the manager be sacked?

Sometimes you just have to say well I was wrong, otherwise you tie yourself in a knot justifying why what you thought then is different to what you think now. When you've done that you then realise how dangerous it would be to have yourself in charge.

8 minutes ago, Riders of Rohan said:

Are those the same fellows who not two weeks ago wished the manager be sacked?

Sometimes you just have to say well I was wrong, otherwise you tie yourself in a knot justifying why what you thought then is different to what you think now. When you've done that you then realise how dangerous it would be to have yourself in charge.

Well the manager has done what everyone said he should do,  drop denon,  play penny up top start Koyslo and play 442.

So who is the genius Billy or the fans ?

2 hours ago, Riders of Rohan said:

I heard DB does a lot of scouting and insisted we sign Vardy when Aspin didn't want him. 

4 minutes ago, Norm said:

Well the manager has done what everyone said he should do,  drop denon,  play penny up top start Koyslo and play 442.

So who is the genius Billy or the fans ?

Except the players selected by the manager are playing for the manager.

17 minutes ago, Riders of Rohan said:

Except the players selected by the manager are playing for the manager.

Why weren't they before then?  

18 minutes ago, Richmond96 said:

I heard DB does a lot of scouting and insisted we sign Vardy when Aspin didn't want him. 

Well you heard wrong. Aspin wanted Vardy at Harrogate but never had the funds. Took DB to watch him in a friendly/midweek game I can't remember and it was decided we would go all out to sign him from there. 

2 hours ago, Richmond96 said:

I heard the FA were going to give Sam Allardyce a second chance but Bozzy told them to get shut and appoint Southgate as he has shares in Pizza Hut.

Morgan has been at Liverpool since 5, scoring for fun during his Youth Career.

Probably lost his way in life, and in any career, luck as well as hard work plays a part. He could have been a current Liverpool and England Striker by now!

I think he has the talent to be in League 1 at least on current performances.

9 hours ago, ewalsh said:

Well you heard wrong. Aspin wanted Vardy at Harrogate but never had the funds. Took DB to watch him in a friendly/midweek game I can't remember and it was decided we would go all out to sign him from there. 

Think you will find it was Trevor Storton who was the Vardy factor ;)

7 minutes ago, Guido said:

Think you will find it was Trevor Storton who was the Vardy factor ;)

He was more than the Vardy factor, after he sadly departed this world Aspin went downhill.

Morgan's goal scoring record speaks for itself but he still needs to improve certain areas of his game before he's ready to move back up the leagues imo.

10 hours ago, Norm said:

Why weren't they before then?  

I didn't say that.

I said " Except the players selected by the manager are playing for the manager."

You can "select" as many teams as you want, you can even pick players who are injured (as some have done), but the team you have selected will never play for you and will never be tested in a match with your "tactics". So its nonsense to suggest the fans have influenced team selection to the point where they "know" more than the manager. Claptrap.

The Heath Out brigade can claim to have galvanised the players behind the manager like never before, so well done on that point at least.

46 minutes ago, Shaytrev said:

He was more than the Vardy factor, after he sadly departed this world Aspin went downhill.

If two promotions and three play offs is going down hill then as usual you are right.

3 hours ago, Riders of Rohan said:

I didn't say that.

I said " Except the players selected by the manager are playing for the manager."

You can "select" as many teams as you want, you can even pick players who are injured (as some have done), but the team you have selected will never play for you and will never be tested in a match with your "tactics". So its nonsense to suggest the fans have influenced team selection to the point where they "know" more than the manager. Claptrap.

The Heath Out brigade can claim to have galvanised the players behind the manager like never before, so well done on that point at least.

I think we need to agree to disagree

15 hours ago, ewalsh said:

According to Vardy's book: Durham City v Stocksbridge, only DB went and he later rang Aspin and said it had been a wasted evening, then added only joking. Clearly Aspin was keen and keen to get DB to back him in the transfer gamble. Aspin had previously watched Vardy many times, and on occasions turned up to find he wasn't there. He later found it was due to his curfew and the tag he had on at the time (Vardy not Aspin).

4 minutes ago, Riders of Rohan said:

According to Vardy's book: Durham City v Stocksbridge, only DB went and he later rang Aspin and said it had been a wasted evening, then added only joking. Clearly Aspin was keen and keen to get DB to back him in the transfer gamble. Aspin had previously watched Vardy many times, and on occasions turned up to find he wasn't there. He later found it was due to his curfew and the tag he had on at the time (Vardy not Aspin).

Thanks for the book spoiler :(