Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Richmond96

Heath OUT

4 minutes ago, Icke's Lizard said:

I concur. I run out of likes to like it.

No mention of Kosylo, last seasons none league player of the year who is suffering most under the hoofball tactics. Perhaps he forgot. 

Just now, Shaytrev said:

No mention of Kosylo, last seasons none league player of the year who is suffering most under the hoofball tactics. Perhaps he forgot. 

Aye, I thought the same but it was still a good post with good well thought out points. If people on either side of the argument put out a post with a proper structured argument then they get my like. I might not agree but atleast it shows they have thought about it.

Agreed feel sorry for Kosylo and lets face it we have got some good players at the club who I am sure would look a lot different with a new managers coaching and tatics.

42 minutes ago, Shaytrev said:

Kosylo. Neither one of last seasons squad nor one of Heath's acquisitions. Easy to see why Sam missed mentioning him. 

I'm always reluctant to call for a managers head unless I'm aware of a better option out there as changing for changing sake rarely works & there are plenty of crap managers we could end up with.

That said I really can't defend the baffling team selections, dire one dimensional performances & the half time team talks that seem to make us even more reliant on hoofball & twice as dire.

Personally, I would be making a few phone calls over the next few days to sound out potential managerial targets and make a decision based on who's available.

If Lee Sinnott wanted the job with Tom Baker as assistant then it'd be a no-brainer. I may be tempted to gamble on Tom Baker as the manager. He's got a bit of experience at Trafford & they're doing well but other than that it would be a reluctant stick with Billy unless we come up with other alternatives.

7 hours ago, Coatskir Shed said:

Would Flitcroft really drop down that far? Would be a good appointment but don't see it.

If we could get his brother Garry out of managerial retirement he'd be a brilliant appointment. Did some great things at Chorley, but we won't be able to get him purely based on the fact he can't commit to full-time management.

2 hours ago, Rick Holden said:

Surprised no one has mentioned Matt Jansen!  Doing a pretty good job at Chorley..  

Chorley fans all wanted his head last season, but giving up two years to sort out a squad seems to have worked. 

I think the new manager naturally should be limited to somebody we have heard of or has once played for the club. Worked a treat when we signed the club legend Neil Aspin who we had the beating of us on many occasions whilst manager of Harrogate. I mean i remember all those posts on here after the loss to Woodley Sports at home saying that we should get Aspin in, so i am surprised the BoD are not listening to the fans now.

7 hours ago, Bazza2al said:

Kosylo. Neither one of last seasons squad nor one of Heath's acquisitions. Easy to see why Sam missed mentioning him. 

You didn't see this bit?

"  I also think should a new manager come in the players he would be looking to build his team around would be Macca, Roberts, Brown, Garner, Hibbs, Macdonald, Sinnott and Morgan, is it a coincedence that most of these are the ones perceived to have been signed/given new deals by the board rather than the manager? "

8 hours ago, Shaytrev said:

I think Koslyo could be very good however I haven't seen him deliver  consistently enough to 100% ascertain he is up to the task when playing from the start, injuries haven't helped and as you say he likely could well be another one suffering from the tactics but he certainly hasn't had the same impact as a starting player as he has from the bench imo

Wilde looks good enough for this league, Hone and King probably if they knew what they were supposed to be doing (this is the point at which I start to lose faith in the current management)

12 hours ago, G-H said:

Agree, after Helli-gate he got off on a bad foot straight away and you feel he's not really a man of sentiment so it's hard to have any sentiment for him. It's times like this you need the fans behind you but I feel some have been wanting him to fail all along and recently they've been able to make themselves heard and you wonder how long until the board have to listen. With enemies in the stands he needs to get promotion this season and turn things around fast to keep them quiet. 

Going back to this and seeing Tom Baker's name mentioned I wonder if someone like that would be allowed time to get it right because of his status here already? I doubt it, think Billy is right, there's no room for sentiment in footy. If we appointed Bakes and he wasn't getting results the boo boys would be out saying he was too inexperienced etc.

Replacing Heath would be hard and costly, come on Billy time to turn things around, the only heading we want to see Denton doing is in the back of the net. Work the ball out wide and lets see how many crosses we can get in on NYD! Morgan will be on hand to jump on any loose balls.

54 minutes ago, samfcht said:

I think Koslyo could be very good however I haven't seen him deliver  consistently enough to 100% ascertain he is up to the task when playing from the start, injuries haven't helped and as you say he likely could well be another one suffering from the tactics but he certainly hasn't had the same impact as a starting player as he has from the bench imo

When the ball is in the air most of the time he wont do, he is a footballer, a wasted footballer. 

4 minutes ago, johngrantsnumber1 said:

The board are getting what they deserve for showing a disgusting lack of loyalty to Lord Aspin. What do all the Aspin out brigade think now. We have gone backwards 

Aspin was rightfully sacked, should have been sooner, before the start of the season therefore giving a new man a better chance. Anyway this debate has  been exhausted already. 

10 minutes ago, johngrantsnumber1 said:

The board are getting what they deserve for showing a disgusting lack of loyalty to Lord Aspin. What do all the Aspin out brigade think now. We have gone backwards 

Zzzzzzzzzz showed to much loyalty to Aspin and that's part of the reason we are where we are 

4 hours ago, ewalsh said:

Chorley fans all wanted his head last season, but giving up two years to sort out a squad seems to have worked. 

It's almost like patience can pay off.

6 minutes ago, Pliny Harris said:

It's almost like patience can pay off.

But Heath hasn`t inherited a squad, he`s imported one, or are you seriously saying he should be given a couple of years to get the players HE has brought in to play the way he wants them to?

From what I can see they already are. With devastating consequences............

Roll on NYD let's hope for 3 points and get back on track, it wasn't so long ago the team had only lost 1 game in 12. Unfortuantely I do feel some fans can't wait for us to go a goal down on NYD so they can get the "Heath out" going again. 

3 minutes ago, AFC Halifax said:

Roll on NYD let's hope for 3 points and get back on track, it wasn't so long ago the team had only lost 1 game in 12. Unfortuantely I do feel some fans can't wait for us to go a goal down on NYD so they can get the "Heath out" going again. 

I want Heath out yes because of our form etc but if he can get the team on another unbeaten run and start pushing into the play offs then I will back him again. I judge him on results and results aren't good enough. I don't care about pretty football, I would happily take hoofball wins game after game to get 3 points 

2 minutes ago, halifaxmark said:

I want Heath out yes because of our form etc but if he can get the team on another unbeaten run and start pushing into the play offs then I will back him again. I judge him on results and results aren't good enough. I don't care about pretty football, I would happily take hoofball wins game after game to get 3 points 

"Form etc?" Whats the etc? Thanks to social media & phone ins we are now in a world where defeats aren't accepteable and the only answer is to sack the manager.