Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Richmond96

Heath OUT

1 minute ago, AFC Halifax said:

Heath was a great choice. Runner up in this league, FA Trophy winner and Play off winner in this league. Name me a manager with a better CV for this level? 

Harvey (blame the board?)

Heath did look a decent choice but he's run riot and shall destroy our club.

Where is the connection with fans, folk like Heli shipped out so he can do his own thing, long contracts to 33yrd old lumps like Clarke, fans turning their back, fans arguing with one another, rubbish football, mediocre players brought in. He didn't even want to test himself with Ferriby in the national league, he's here for the money.

This is our club and he is going to wreck all the hard work in recent years. Yes we were relegated but we were no longer seen as team that just existed and well known for being $**t, especially in this town, maybe the cheapness helped but season tickets were the best I've ever known.

Lets not deny we aren't a stepping stone for Adam Morgan in his bid to move up divisions but the ready made mediocre signings of Clarke, King, Hotte show that our nurture for profit "philosophy" has gone in a blink.

Soz to rant and maybe I sound incoherent but I'm worried. If Heath turns out to be what you are defending then I shall hold my hands up and apologize. but this is a public forum and I shall say my piece on my worries and concerns.

5 minutes ago, G-H said:

Agree, after Helli-gate he got off on a bad foot straight away and you feel he's not really a man of sentiment so it's hard to have any sentiment for him. It's times like this you need the fans behind you but I feel some have been wanting him to fail all along and recently they've been able to make themselves heard and you wonder how long until the board have to listen. With enemies in the stands he needs to get promotion this season and turn things around fast to keep them quiet. 

I think at the time I backed his decision to get rid of Heli, through gritted teeth but I thought we were getting a very focused manager who had the fire. Hindsight is great isn't it!!

My gripe in footy and life in general is people can't hold their hands up and admit they've messed up or aren't good enough. I said over a month ago that 5pm Jan 1st is a good time to judge. Heath has every right to back himself and try see it out but if we lose that game then it shouldn't be a board decision. it should be Heath accepting his fate and resigning. But he won't, he'll act stubborn for the compo. He won't give a toss about OUR club.

26 minutes ago, AFC Halifax said:

Heath was a great choice. Runner up in this league, FA Trophy winner and Play off winner in this league. Name me a manager with a better CV for this level? 

I didn't see many premier league clubs queuing up to take Ranieri in the summer. Success in the same league gets you a bonus point but it's not the be-all, especially when it was achieved at a completely different type of club. It seems to me Heath ticked precisely one box and that was that. Job was his.

1 minute ago, Jumbo1 said:

I didn't see many premier league clubs queuing up to take Ranieri in the summer. Success in the same league gets you a bonus point but it's not the be-all, especially when it was achieved at a completely different type of club. It seems to me Heath ticked precisely one box and that was that. 

Poor at PowerPoint as well so I hear!

13 minutes ago, Icke's Lizard said:

Harvey (blame the board?)

Heath did look a decent choice but he's run riot and shall destroy our club.

Where is the connection with fans, folk like Heli shipped out so he can do his own thing, long contracts to 33yrd old lumps like Clarke, fans turning their back, fans arguing with one another, rubbish football, mediocre players brought in. He didn't even want to test himself with Ferriby in the national league, he's here for the money.

This is our club and he is going to wreck all the hard work in recent years. Yes we were relegated but we were no longer seen as team that just existed and well known for being $**t, especially in this town, maybe the cheapness helped but season tickets were the best I've ever known.

Lets not deny we aren't a stepping stone for Adam Morgan in his bid to move up divisions but the ready made mediocre signings of Clarke, King, Hotte show that our nurture for profit "philosophy" has gone in a blink.

Soz to rant and maybe I sound incoherent but I'm worried. If Heath turns out to be what you are defending then I shall hold my hands up and apologize. but this is a public forum and I shall say my piece on my worries and concerns.

He's stupid but even he can't think he could stay with Ferriby and keep the same players and play smash and hope in a higher league. Admittedly Ferriby are doing terrible this season anyway but think that's more to do with them not being a big enough club to compete in thay league. Heath knows his style wouldn't work in a higher league do he's quite content to stay in a lower league. Sad thing for him is its stopped working in this league now as well. 

2 hours ago, Icke's Lizard said:

We don't have no connection with Heath as fans, he's given us 1 wave to the south stand ( v Worcester).

:rolleyes:

4 minutes ago, Greggs said:

He's stupid but even he can't think he could stay with Ferriby and keep the same players and play smash and hope in a higher league. Admittedly Ferriby are doing terrible this season anyway but think that's more to do with them not being a big enough club to compete in thay league. Heath knows his style wouldn't work in a higher league do he's quite content to stay in a lower league. Sad thing for him is its stopped working in this league now as well. 

Yeah, I can admit the National North league is a lot stronger this time round. I would have still given it a try in a higher divsion.

Start poorly or go behind on NYD and the atmosphere will be poisonous, board will have no choice if that happens 

Yeah lets appoint Tommy Miller, a guy with zero managerial experience and a current assistant in the glue leagues. 

Perhaps its worth writing this season off keeping Heath untill the summer then have a tidy up. It would be very very expensive to do that mid season.

2 minutes ago, Jmc said:

Start poorly or go behind on NYD and the atmosphere will be poisonous, board will have no choice if that happens 

They have no choice now every game he stays we can kiss the playoffs goodbye and look forward to crowds of below a thousand by the end of the season

3 minutes ago, Pliny Harris said:

:rolleyes:

Applaud the fans, be reyt with them, don't bull$**t them, front up when things go bad. Quite decent lessons for life in general.

Macca did that and has God-like status with many.

Heath putting his fingers in his ears to fans only antagonizes them. Little things like waving to the fans gets you onboard, I agree it does sound silly but its a fact and helps endear you to the people who will give you time if its going belly up.

Heath is a clown. Very stubborn,loyal to his favourites. Clueless with tactics. One dimensional. He should have stayed at Ferriby and gave it a go in the national league before ever leaving them. To get a club promotion but leave taking the management and key players with you isn't a nice trait at all. He talks the talk but doesn't walk the walk. Bored of every excuse he comes up with.  Bored of his team selections and bored with the results. 

1 hour ago, Jmc said:

If Heath goes his assistant will go too 

Not with the money he's getting played here. Don't expect them all to jump ship when Heath leaves this time round, some will but others will stick around. If the assistant is offered the job, he'll take it.

Bossey and Ham are no fools, they know that it's not working. 

I expect the Axe to fall Iminently :shh:

19 minutes ago, Icke's Lizard said:

Applaud the fans, be reyt with them, don't bull$**t them, front up when things go bad. Quite decent lessons for life in general.

Macca did that and has God-like status with many.

Heath putting his fingers in his ears to fans only antagonizes them. Little things like waving to the fans gets you onboard, I agree it does sound silly but its a fact and helps endear you to the people who will give you time if its going belly up.

I try to take a broader look at these people more than their repartee with us. Aspin would often ignore our pleas to wave when we were several goals to the good! But they do knuckle down when needed, which to me is much more important and I hope he does over his Xmas scraps this week, fire lit right under him.

1 minute ago, Pliny Harris said:

I try to take a broader look at these people more than their repartee with us. Aspin would often ignore our pleas to wave when we were several goals to the good! But they do knuckle down when needed, which to me is much more important and I hope he does over his Xmas scraps this week, fire lit right under him.

Whilst I agree, the vast majority don't think like that. You have to pander to the crowd.

I've set my stall out that I'd prefer he moved on but I won't sulk and shall sing and support. We've got a decent display lined up for that game so hopefully it'll help give us an edge and lift the players.

1 hour ago, Jmc said:

Will be fun

15 minutes ago, Icke's Lizard said:

Whilst I agree, the vast majority don't think like that. You have to pander to the crowd.

I've set my stall out that I'd prefer he moved on but I won't sulk and shall sing and support. We've got a decent display lined up for that game so hopefully it'll help give us an edge and lift the players.

Whilst I'm looking forward to the display, I fear it may not look as good as first hoped with our now dwindling attendances.

3 minutes ago, Coatskir Shed said:

Whilst I'm looking forward to the display, I fear it may not look as good as first hoped with our now dwindling attendances.

I can't imagine everyone wanting to join in either 

1 minute ago, Coatskir Shed said:

Its a poor do isn't it. The club have worked hard behind the scenes this year so hopefully they'll put in a shift with their PR this week and avertise the game very well. Its going to be hard work with no buses on and some huge hangovers. emphasizes why losing today is huge.

I'd like to consider myself someone who remains level headed when it comes to attitude towards the manager and not a member of the "nothings ever good enough brigade" but its becoming quite plain to see we are going absolutely nowhere but downwards under Billy Heath

We're still making exactly the same mistakes as we were right at the beginning of the season with no signs of that changing and in many ways we actually seem to have regressed significantly in the last 6 weeks after a decent spell in October/early November.

Morgan's first game worked out exactly as I feared when he signed, evidently potentially a cracking signing for us but starved for service through one dimensional tactics, still managed to get two goals from audacious pot shots with more than a little assistance from their goalkeeper.

Cliff Moyo, central midfield, really?! Now I'll start by saying Cliff actually probably did as well as we could've asked him to today but I'm sorry, the lad is not a central midfielder in a million years! I appreciate it seems our naturals in that position were all ill/injured today and it was a difficult situation but other than Denton and possibly Hone, I can not think of a single player in todays starting XI less suited to playing a central midfield role than Moyo and I include Drench in that! As said before I think Moyo made the best of a bad situation today but to put it bluntly putting him in there, especially alongside Lynch who for as good as he can be also lacks any sort of creative instinct, surrended any chance we had of controlling the midfield today, Moyo has had a tough time recently but even in his early good form in pre-season and the begninning of the season, he wasn't known for his nouse on the ball, he's a strong lad with pace and power and plenty of effort, anyone placing him in centre midfield under any circumstances shouldn't be managing this club.

Whilst I personally at the time wasn't in agreement that Harvey needed to go, I was impressed with the appointment of Heath and can see exactly why the board wanted him based on his past record, sadly it hasn't worked out and I don't think it will if we persist with it, I also don't blame Heath for the influx of Ferriby players, any manager would bring in players who have achieved his aims at his new club for him before, the only reason you don't see it at a higher profile scale is due to the complicated nature of the long term contracts there, these lot were ready and available so he brought them along as most managers would.

Including the Ferriby lot I still struggle to see many players in this squad I'd descibe as awful players however I do see several players who seem restricted by stale failing tactics, I also think should a new manager come in the players he would be looking to build his team around would be Macca, Roberts, Brown, Garner, Hibbs, Macdonald, Sinnott and Morgan, is it a coincedence that most of these are the ones perceived to have been signed/given new deals by the board rather than the manager? I certainly wouldn't rule out the Ferriby lads performing well under a new gaffer either, I like Denton particularly a  you know what you'll get with him but just give yourself other options as well for christ sake! As has been mentioned if he's still here new years day and the game doesn't go our way the atmopshere is bound to get toxic, not often you see Town fans turn against a manager so vocally which I think just about sums up the situation

1 hour ago, Greggs said:

He's stupid but even he can't think he could stay with Ferriby and keep the same players and play smash and hope in a higher league. Admittedly Ferriby are doing terrible this season anyway but think that's more to do with them not being a big enough club to compete in thay league. Heath knows his style wouldn't work in a higher league do he's quite content to stay in a lower league. Sad thing for him is its stopped working in this league now as well

Not remotely sad. The guy is a one dimensional Sunday League manager that dropped lucky with NFU. He`s either too thick, stubborn or ignorant (more likely all three) to adapt to anything other than a huge punt upfield and hope for the best. I`ve been saying it for months - the clown is hopelessly out of his depth, and despite the repeated protestations from the BBB`s (Billys Bullshit Boys) on here, the penny seems to be finally dropping with many more on here. Yes, he`s stuffed up this season which is a shame, but of far more importance is the long-term damage he has manged to do to the structure of the club.

FFS just pay him off, the sooner the better, then we can begin to mitigate the damage caused.

1 hour ago, greygoose said:

Yeah lets appoint Tommy Miller, a guy with zero managerial experience and a current assistant in the glue leagues. 

Perhaps its worth writing this season off keeping Heath untill the summer then have a tidy up. It would be very very expensive to do that mid season.

Definately worth the risk to get miller in. Got experience as an assistant and knows what it takes to be a manager. Managers have to start somewhere and miller knows the club and some players in it. There would be signings from different clubs and we would play much better football. Anything's better than the dross being served up by Billy Big Bollox