Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Richmond96

Heath OUT

1 minute ago, Coatskir Shed said:

Consider my mind changed. 

Flicker's an honourable man but what he did for Bury was on a worryingly unsustainable loss. To me his best effort was early on, where he did take over from Kevin Blackwell (now there's a clown of a manager for the books, a professional victim who refused to talk to the press for his final couple months), and Ronnie Jepson as interim. At that point around Christmas, Bury were candidates for relegation. Under Flitcroft they nearly made a late surge for the playoffs by spring.

It's also worth knowing that from what I heard from local volunteers involved with Bury, they were pushed out under Flitcroft's reign. Can another parallel be made there?

It's nice that names are finally being suggested, but if they've been as researched as Flicker has been then it doesn't pass muster.

17 minutes ago, Steve Lanzarote said:

Miller for me and we should have kept him last season

Miller would be my choice, maybe draft in Paul Stoneman another North East lad as an assistant and somebody who despite leaving Town years ago watches out for us and has the passion and heart of a Shayman that will rub off on players. Stoneman, Macca know the craic.

We don't have no connection with Heath as fans, he's given us 1 wave to the south stand ( v Worcester).

Feeling loved works both ways and also gives you times and less pressure when going through a bad spell.

If Heath leaves, his assistant (from NFU) will take over as interim and will probably be hired on a permanent basis. Then we'll have the same problem but with someone will less experience. Sack him at the end of the season so there's no chance of just hiring an interim. We've got to be patient getting out this league.

1 minute ago, Coatskir Shed said:

If Heath leaves, his assistant (from NFU) will take over as interim and will probably be hired on a permanent basis. Then we'll have the same problem but with someone will less experience. Sack him at the end of the season so there's no chance of just hiring an interim. We've got to be patient getting out this league.

Agree that end of the season is the time to make a change. See the season out and then let a new boss build his own team.

Just now, shaymandownsouff said:

Agree that end of the season is the time to make a change. See the season out and then let a new boss build his own team.

Or get a new lad in to give us a fighting chance of the play-offs this time round.

Why waste time waiting till the end of the season? how many fans are going to drop off in that period? especially with the likes of our West Yorkshire neighbours doing well. See the bigger picture. Its not all about Heath and his brand of football. Its about the club as a whole too.

3 minutes ago, Icke's Lizard said:

Or get a new lad in to give us a fighting chance of the play-offs this time round.

Why waste time waiting till the end of the season? how many fans are going to drop off in that period? especially with the likes of our West Yorkshire neighbours doing well. See the bigger picture. Its not all about Heath and his brand of football. Its about the club as a whole too.

Yes. I know. Hence why I don't want to spaff away an extra 6 months of compensation money, pay off a load of players mid season and bring new faces in that are a case of the best of who's available.

The tantrumy desperation for immediate success never fails to amaze.

1 minute ago, shaymandownsouff said:

Yes. I know. Hence why I don't want to spaff away an extra 6 months of compensation money, pay off a load of players mid season and bring new faces in that are a case of the best of who's available.

The tantrumy desperation for immediate success never fails to amaze.

If a new lad sorted promotion then that compo wouldn't be as bad. I bloody don't know. what an absolute pickle of a situation.

Why can't he just resign. the only reason he came here was for the money. greedy get.

1 minute ago, Icke's Lizard said:

If a new lad sorted promotion then that compo wouldn't be as bad. I bloody don't know. what an absolute pickle of a situation.

Why can't he just resign. the only reason he came here was for the money. greedy get.

Completely agree - a horrible gamble either way.

Would not like to be Mr B right now - absolutely the right appointment on paper, but just hasn't worked out.

23 minutes ago, Coatskir Shed said:

If Heath goes his assistant will go too 

2 hours ago, Richmond96 said:

Bosomworth saved the club, signed Vardy and Gregory and Tuton wanted out. I think he's well in credit. I think Aspin had run out of momentum and I'd have liked him to go a bit earlier. Heath looked good on paper but has lost the plot. We need a change. 

Bosomworth saved the club? if memory serves right the club died then he started again there was also plan B .His choice in Managers apart from Aspin who gave us a few good years has been appalling David Flitcroft would be a great choice .

I have mentioned a few possibilities on another thread and feel they fall into 2/3 categories. 

1. The guy who knows how to get promotion from this league (like Billy allegedly).

2. The up and coming coach who's never been a no1.

3. An ex player with a bit of coaching or management experience.

so, for option 1 we have the likes of Mark Bower and Lee Sinnott.

Option 2, Tommy Miller but only because I can't think of anyone else and he never played a full game for us.

Option 3. So many to choose from. Billy Barr, Steve Thornber, Terry McPhillips, Paul Stoneman, Lee Richardson, Peter Jackson and Paul Harsley to name but a few. The list could go on and each has a special affinity with the club but none come with the guarantee of success.

All I can say is, if the current manager jumps or gets pushed, good luck to whoever takes over. You're gonna need it.

3 minutes ago, Juryeff said:

I have mentioned a few possibilities on another thread and feel they fall into 2/3 categories. 

1. The guy who knows how to get promotion from this league (like Billy allegedly).

2. The up and coming coach who's never been a no1.

3. An ex player with a bit of coaching or management experience.

so, for option 1 we have the likes of Mark Bower and Lee Sinnott.

Option 2, Tommy Miller but only because I can't think of anyone else and he never played a full game for us.

Option 3. So many to choose from. Billy Barr, Steve Thornber, Terry McPhillips, Paul Stoneman, Lee Richardson, Peter Jackson and Paul Harsley to name but a few. The list could go on and each has a special affinity with the club but none come with the guarantee of success.

All I can say is, if the current manager jumps or gets pushed, good luck to whoever takes over. You're gonna need it.

Don't agree with the bottom bit. The players are there when fit the talent is in the squad but we choose to ignore the talents and instead just punt long ball after long ball. The fans on here are eunanomous on this. It's something I've never quite seen before. It just amazes me that this manager seems to have no knowledge of how to actually manage a football club. He doesn't help himself by saying he doesn't care what we think and he'll do it his way. He'll just be hated more that way 

I think Lee Sinnott and Tommy Miller working together wouldn't be a bad choice,but whoever came in-no guarantee of success,but somethings got to change

11 minutes ago, Juryeff said:

I agree that the next man has a tough job.

I'm really worried Heath is going to create a legacy at this club that'll hurt us for a good few years. I suppose some blame could be put on Bosomworth for enabling it.

Tommy Miller for me. IF Heath was to go. I think Miller played a bigger part in our upturn of fortunes last season, then most give credit for.

4 hours ago, Richmond96 said:

He's out of his depth. Doesn't even know what's going wrong and worst of all has lost the players. 

Really ??

9 minutes ago, Icke's Lizard said:

I agree that the next man has a tough job.

I'm really worried Heath is going to create a legacy at this club that'll hurt us for a good few years. I suppose some blame could be put on Bosomworth for enabling it.

Heath was a great choice. Runner up in this league, FA Trophy winner and Play off winner in this league. Name me a manager with a better CV for this level? 

11 minutes ago, Gavlar said:

Tommy Miller for me. IF Heath was to go. I think Miller played a bigger part in our upturn of fortunes last season, then most give credit for.

Harveys assistant manager 

1 hour ago, Icke's Lizard said:

Miller would be my choice, maybe draft in Paul Stoneman another North East lad as an assistant and somebody who despite leaving Town years ago watches out for us and has the passion and heart of a Shayman that will rub off on players. Stoneman, Macca know the craic.

We don't have no connection with Heath as fans, he's given us 1 wave to the south stand ( v Worcester).

Feeling loved works both ways and also gives you times and less pressure when going through a bad spell.

Agree, after Helli-gate he got off on a bad foot straight away and you feel he's not really a man of sentiment so it's hard to have any sentiment for him. It's times like this you need the fans behind you but I feel some have been wanting him to fail all along and recently they've been able to make themselves heard and you wonder how long until the board have to listen. With enemies in the stands he needs to get promotion this season and turn things around fast to keep them quiet. 

8 minutes ago, Greggs said:

Don't agree with the bottom bit. The players are there when fit the talent is in the squad but we choose to ignore the talents and instead just punt long ball after long ball. The fans on here are eunanomous on this. It's something I've never quite seen before. It just amazes me that this manager seems to have no knowledge of how to actually manage a football club. He doesn't help himself by saying he doesn't care what we think and he'll do it his way. He'll just be hated more that way 

Thing is that a substantial number of the squad followed the manager to the club. Regardless of wether they are "playing" for him at the moment they are his players who have had his methods drummed into them for years. For a new manager to come in and for them to adjust is going to be difficult. Especially when, in my opinion, only 1 or 2 get into our best 11.

That could cause a massive split in the dressing room, if thee isn't one already, which cloud further destabilise things on the pitch.

If they were all fit I would go with Drench, Roberts, Wilde, Hotte, Brown, Garner, MacDonald, Lynch, Morgan, Sinnott and Kosylo. In a 4-2-3-1.