Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Richmond96

We need some new signings ASAP

If Billy Heath is going to get us up, he needs to get in some high quality players ASAP. I think we need some one with pace and a goal scoring instinct to play off the gentle giant. We also need a creative midfielder and a centre half. The Board have always made funds available before, even if the managers haven't always taken advantage of the funds available. We're about to find out if Billy has it, or is out of his depth. Fingers crossed.

what do you think?

Just now, Richmond96 said:

If Billy Heath is going to get us up, he needs to get in some high quality players ASAP. I think we need some one with pace and a goal scoring instinct to play off the gentle giant. We also need a creative midfielder and a centre half. The Board have always made funds available before, even if the managers haven't always taken advantage of the funds available. We're about to find out if Billy has it, or is out of his depth. Fingers crossed.

what do you think?

Agree, how many that are available is another thing 

7 minutes ago, Richmond96 said:

what do you think?

He's had plenty of money already. I don't trust him to spend another penny unless it was the Adam Morgan rumour.

Adam Morgan would be an incredible signing. Whilst league clubs are interested I'm led to believe that only us and Alty have actually made any approaches.

Billy is out of his depth. 

We need some footballers but they surely won`t want to sign unless they are 7 foot 13 inches tall. We are stuck with NFU guys who aren`t up to it on stupidly long contracts with no likelihood of anyone  in their right minds taking them off our hands.

Heath has managed to put us back at least two years - probably more - and could well turn out to be a bigger disaster than comical Kelly as he appears to have ruined the infrastructure that Aspin built as well as squandering the Trophy win legacy.

Have kept my peace on BH up to now but after several inept on field performances recently I really wonder about his tactical & motivational skills, bawling instructions from the touch line does not a great manager make IMHO.

2 minutes ago, Roy Race said:

Have kept my peace on BH up to now but after several inept on field performances recently I really wonder about his tactical & motivational skills, bawling instructions from the touch line does not a great manager make IMHO.

We watched him yesterday and he just stood their with his arms folded offering nothing in terms of encouragement or tactical nouse to his men.

1 minute ago, Angus said:

Billy is out of his depth. 

We need some footballers but they surely won`t want to sign unless they are 7 foot 13 inches tall. We are stuck with NFU guys who aren`t up to it on stupidly long contracts with no likelihood of anyone  in their right minds taking them off our hands.

Heath has managed to put us back at least two years - probably more - and could well turn out to be a bigger disaster than comical Kelly as he appears to have ruined the infrastructure that Aspin built as well as squandering the Trophy win legacy.

That's one place where I definitely agree, when Heath eventually leaves will he take his boys with him? Even if he took half from the squad we would be seriously lacking in depth, the structure that Aspin left to Kelly and Harvey is almost totally gone. Our club is built on selling on young players for big profits and discovering talent in lower leagues and suddenly that philosophy is gone.

Billy  was quoted recently as being two players short. Presumably our scouting system is so poor we have not identified any decent players or else those players don't want to come. exhorbitant prices claimed that other clubs could presumably wither if the player really wanted to join us (if their player does a  Tuton ).

Agree with all of the above surely  the board must also see the possibility of our carefully built infrastructure being eroded.

15 minutes ago, Icke's Lizard said:

He's had plenty of money already. I don't trust him to spend another penny unless it was the Adam Morgan rumour.

So you do trust him then. What do you know about Adam Morgans career. Not played many games and not stuck around at any club. Maybe a great signing if rumours a true, obviously had something and may have just lost his way 

1 minute ago, AFC Halifax said:

So you do trust him then. What do you know about Adam Morgans career. Not played many games and not stuck around at any club. Maybe a great signing if rumours a true, obviously had something and may have just lost his way 

I don't trust him with any money at all and I'd presume the Morgan signing would be a board signing along the lines of the Kosylo deal.

I know lots about Adam Morgan's career, where he has played and the fact he fell out with football and possibly suffered mentally after being released from his boyhood heroes. I've seen the lad play, I've even met him and he's dead sound.

I'm not trying to sound a smart ar$e but I knew he was playing in Wales and I swear on my father's life that I thought "if he's been playing in Wales and then left, could we take a punt on him?"  I was shocked when I found out he was at Curzon the other week.

Not saying I follow his career like a sad act but his name pops up from time to time and I looked him up online after seeing his name on an old Liverpool programme.

3 minutes ago, dj funky said:

Think you would make a good scout Icke interested?.

Hahaha, No ta. One hunch about a player makes me no scout nor knowledgable, pure luck!!

I was just interested to know whatever happened to him, never thought he'd end up at Curzon. It genuinely surprised me.

5 minutes ago, LeedsShaymen said:

Does anyone no if Damien Reeves is playing at Alty? Could be an outside shot, certainly knows where the net is given the service.

But is he really what we're after to partner Denton. No doubt a prolific goalscorer but not what is needed.

Goals win games, not much better at this level. Hopefully in the not too distant future both Brown and McManus back will bolster the defence, the midfield can battle with anyone at this level, seems we may just be missing a finisher, in a tight game needing a goal Reeves sounds good to me (If we could get him away from Alty),

1 minute ago, LeedsShaymen said:

Goals win games, not much better at this level. Hopefully in the not too distant future both Brown and McManus back will bolster the defence, the midfield can battle with anyone at this level, seems we may just be missing a finisher, in a tight game needing a goal Reeves sounds good to me (If we could get him away from Alty),

Reeves hasn't done much at Alty this season and last, still at least a couple of months for Brown & Macca 

1 hour ago, Icke's Lizard said:

Adam Morgan was looking around the Shay this week.

7 minutes ago, LeedsShaymen said:

Luke Benbow Stourbridge striker, quick, strong and scores goals, could he step up a league? Kosylo seems to have taken it in his stride.

Has he? 

7 minutes ago, LeedsShaymen said:

One of the better players this season. (When fit)

Shown glimpses but does tend to occasionally find Connor Hughes blind alleys