Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Richmond96

Top by December

20 minutes ago, eddies mate said:

Hardy's at Fylde.

ok, that's why I put the question mark, plus there is a Hardy at Darlo.

Josh is a smoggie though so logistics would make it a possibility. Though as noted above he's better than them.

Looking like play off places. A win yesterday would have really given us a chance but can't see us winning the league this season. Play offs with a fully fit squad would be good enough in my opinion. Macca and Brown back should do the trick and hopefully see us promoted.

3 minutes ago, AFC Halifax said:

One defeat in 8 to a decent team who themselves are 6 unbeaten and the doom and gloomers are back out. 

Going up through the play offs would be great. No doom and gloom there.

It'll be tough to win the league from this position, but stranger things have happened in football. Nice to see Fylde slipping up yesterday.

1 hour ago, riccardo259 said:

It'll be tough to win the league from this position, but stranger things have happened in football. Nice to see Fylde slipping up yesterday.

True, but not impossible. If we can put another 5 or 6 game run together and get back to within 2 or 3 points of the leaders, then you never know.

20 hours ago, riccardo259 said:

From this position. Wow we are 7 points off top in the 3rd Month of the season. If we won saturday it would have been 4 points. 

43 minutes ago, TJAshton said:

From this position. Wow we are 7 points off top in the 3rd Month of the season. If we won saturday it would have been 4 points. 

and still got Fylde to come to the Shay

Why don't we all all just give up hope for this year, throw all our season tickets in a big barrel and have a 'Billy's big bonfire night' and call this season a fail. Ffs it's not even half way ! Look at forest green they romp the first half of the season in the national every year then drop off what's to say fylde won't do the same? What's to say they won't lose all there best players to other clubs or injured? Absolutely ridiculous to write anyone off who's 7pts back at the beginning of November !

6 hours ago, TJAshton said:

How far behind Cambridge at this stage of the season were Luton when they won the conf.

1 hour ago, chrisbo61 said:

Yes but the majority off posters on here know more than anyone about everything, so we are doomed!

aye, one defeat on the trot that's relegation form - resign Wilder.

33 minutes ago, chadders said:

aye, one defeat on the trot that's relegation form - resign Wilder.

I think this forum has been quite good since the defeat, AFC just stated we have been in the market for a keeper and we have and still are, sorry but its a fact, My personal view is he is too small but ok so I would stick with him.

Hand on heart I can't see us going for top spot, football is a funny old game and I might end up being wrong but its a very very long shot IMO. That doesn't mean we can't dream or enjoy this shot at a play-off spot which I'll think we will achieve and if we get there it will also be tough to get through that!

But you just never know, injuries and the transfer market might balls things up for our rivals when we have lads to come back and have hopefully we've used up our rotten luck with injuries.

Lets just enjoy the ride, its not going to be easy and it might put years on a few of us but its typical Halifax Town. its just what we do so soak it up.

You use games like Fylde and Brackley to measure where you are in the bigger scheme of things . I think in both games we were well in contention for the first hour but faded in the last 30 . We don't look like champions but do look to be in or around top 5 come the end of the season . I don't think picking out individual players and hanging them out to dry is going to help us gather any momentum