Football Funding

PRS

Interesting to note that the subsidising of Huddersfield's season tickets by Mr. Hoyle was by using half of the EXTRA two million pounds TV  money that HTFC received for this season, whilst I applaud this gesture it does make me realise that the FCHT board are fighting with one hand tied behind their back when trying to compete.

The gap is only ever going to get bigger. I honestly cant see a situation in ten years time where we can have full time proffesionals in non league unless they are from hobby clubs backed to the hilt ala Eastleigh.

Just 1 Million pound would make a massive difference to every non bank rolled club in non league. Its getting to the point now that most championship and even league one sides can 'write off' that sort of money as loose change.

To compete teams lower down are going to have to stick ticket prices up, which in turn will see less people attend. I cant see a good long term outcome at the moment and it feels like the best position for us to be in is to be run as sensibly as possible so when the bubble does start to burst at non league level we are best prepared as others who have overspent go under. (And yes I do see the irony in that considering our clubs past)

2 hours ago, Flea said:

The gap is only ever going to get bigger. I honestly cant see a situation in ten years time where we can have full time proffesionals in non league unless they are from hobby clubs backed to the hilt ala Eastleigh.

Just 1 Million pound would make a massive difference to every non bank rolled club in non league. Its getting to the point now that most championship and even league one sides can 'write off' that sort of money as loose change.

To compete teams lower down are going to have to stick ticket prices up, which in turn will see less people attend. I cant see a good long term outcome at the moment and it feels like the best position for us to be in is to be run as sensibly as possible so when the bubble does start to burst at non league level we are best prepared as others who have overspent go under. (And yes I do see the irony in that considering our clubs past)

40 minutes ago, last_chance_saloon said:

Indeed. The fact the club that finishes BOTTOM of the Premiership gets £100 million. Insane.

Agreed. Isn't £1 million what the 'parachute payments' from clubs relegated from League 2 down into Conference National receive from this season? I appreciate that the FL want to protect their members' interests to a certain degree, but that way of 'trickling down' money will, and indeed has already started to, kill truly competitive leagues at all levels of the professional and semi-professional game, not just at the top (where in the PL it's been the case for pretty much the last 20 years anyway) as it will always tend to consolidate the money where it already exists, barring major mismanagement basket cases of course. I also think that although the £1m might pale into insignificance as a total sum, compared to £100 million from the PL to Championship, for me York/Dagenham etc. having a £1m head start on clubs like North Ferriby - and us, when we're back - is going to have a similar impact on their relative chances of the title than Norwich etc. getting £100m in the Championship.

I suppose there will always be " hobby funders" in non league as that is where the need for success funding is greatest.

If however you get into Division 2 , I believe the funding is around £750,000 per annum (?) which would go a long way to paying a squad of around 18 players an average of £35000 per head plus NI etc, guess that is why the likes of Accrington can survive on 1500 gates and why we would be bankrupt again.

Perhaps if a properly funded Division 3 emerges and we can be successful enough to be pressing for promotion back in the Conference , we might have half a chance notwithstanding more hobby funders emerging.

Lets hope Mr. Heath can get that Wimbeldon type spirit going at FCHT and who knows !

Ever hopeful, after all we did get to Wembley and won.

9 hours ago, PRS said:

Interesting to note that the subsidising of Huddersfield's season tickets by Mr. Hoyle was by using half of the EXTRA two million pounds TV  money that HTFC received for this season, whilst I applaud this gesture it does make me realise that the FCHT board are fighting with one hand tied behind their back when trying to compete.

You have to applaud them,As much as I don't really care for them Mr Hoyle does put his money were his mouth is unlike a scumbag like Carl Oyston who has taken at the very least  8 million pounds out of Blackpool and at a guess a hell of a lot more.

Just now, Forever a Shayman said:

You have to applaud them,As much as I don't really care for them Mr Hoyle does put his money were his mouth is unlike a scumbag like Carl Oyston who has taken at the very least  8 million pounds out of Blackpool and at a guess a hell of a lot more.

He''s ripped the heart out of that club.

Utter disgrace what''s happened there.

13 hours ago, PRS said:

I suppose there will always be " hobby funders" in non league as that is where the need for success funding is greatest.

I suspect it's more that it's the level where what a rich businessman would see as a small investment (which could be offset against tax in all likelihood) makes the biggest difference

Archived