Jump to content

Make The South Stand Great Again


Coatskir Shed

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, nw3casc1 said:

Other clubs....FC United for example, never take them down. Leave them up all the time..........

one would imagine they are knackered very quickly once they get weathered.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 332
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I've informed the club via twitter of our grand plan at kick off tomorrow night and told them to get their cameraman and photographer on the case. They liked the tweet so I'll take that as a yes from

Take no notice of the grumpy old men! More flags,more drums! Come on Shaymen!

Think it would be a good idea to put the banners and flags that we have in the north to put them on the sides of the south stand which the fans are not allowed to stand in. 

Posted Images

Just now, TheNorwegianViking said:

Preferably not! Best thing is to give up on smoking;)

It''s PC gone mad TNV. No smoking in a bloody concrete stand! I understand the importance of H&S but they really do go too far. The club's hands are tied on this issue but it makes sense to me.

Time to get real on H&S and use a bit of common sense. They're even looking at introducing standing sections in the Premier League again  so why not a smoking section?

I blame Keith Vaz.

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Erik Everhard said:

It''s PC gone mad TNV. No smoking in a bloody concrete stand! I understand the importance of H&S but they really do go too far. The club's hands are tied on this issue but it makes sense to me.

Time to get real on H&S and use a bit of common sense. They're even looking at introducing standing sections in the Premier League again  so why not a smoking section?

I blame Keith Vaz.

Why not just ban smoking everywhere.? There's nothing like fresh airB)

What a difference when they banned smoking on for instance flights and pubs.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, TheNorwegianViking said:

Why not just ban smoking everywhere.? There's nothing like fresh airB)

What a difference when they banned smoking on for instance flights and pubs.

Some places are better for it and especially closed spaces like buildings or transport. However, if you're stood twenty feet away from someone else and you're not enclosed ie you don't have 4 walls around you then I don'r see the problem.

I blame Channel 4.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I once read a book about the opening up of the Canadian west, and how scouts weren't allowed to smoke because the smell would be detectable up to 2 miles away! 

By the way I'm an ex 40 Marlboro a day man ! Just thought it was interesting.

Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, chrisbo61 said:

I once read a book about the opening up of the Canadian west, and how scouts weren't allowed to smoke because the smell would be detectable up to 2 miles away! 

By the way I'm an ex 40 Marlboro a day man ! Just thought it was interesting.

Scouts are too young to smoke. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Pliny Harris said:

Where else do you think I got my ability to spy on you from?

Well I suppose some of your associates are communists and some are a bit further left than that.

Then there''s the old the law doesn't count for us brigade. Funny handshakes etc. Not bad friends to have I suppose.

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Erik Everhard said:

Well I suppose some of your associates are communists and some are a bit further left than that.

Then there''s the old the law doesn't count for us brigade. Funny handshakes etc. Not bad friends to have I suppose.

You think Pliny has that many friends/associates :blink:

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Erik Everhard said:

Some places are better for it and especially closed spaces like buildings or transport. However, if you're stood twenty feet away from someone else and you're not enclosed ie you don't have 4 walls around you then I don'r see the problem.

I blame Channel 4.

Because then we would have to hire more stewards with tape measures to ensure those smoking are not within 20ft of another supporter. Whilst the South Stand is often sparsely populated i think it would be impractical.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Steve Lanzarote said:

That is surely late 50s/early 60s by the style of clothing.

Erm..they say if you can remember the 60's then you weren't there.

Check out the lady in the swinging 60's white boots, so I hazard a guess at 1967.

Were you still Brycreeming your hair when the cool cats dressed like Mick Jagger?

Link to post
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.


×
×
  • Create New...