Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Erik Everhard

Town vs Nuneaton

I thought I'd start a thread for tomorrow's game. 

Starting to get a bit of PMT now. I was very/maybe over confident a week or two ago but after one or two injuries and Nuneaton making a few signings I think it''s going to be closer than I first thought. 

I'm sure Billy Heath will have the lads fired up and ready to go out and hopefully win.

Good luck to the players and management for tomorrow and let's get our first 3 points.

UTS

15 minutes ago, Erik Everhard said:

I thought I'd start a thread for tomorrow's game

Starting to get a bit of PMT now. I was very/maybe over confident a week or two ago but after one or two injuries and Nuneaton making a few signings I think it''s going to be closer than I first thought. 

I'm sure Billy Heath will have the lads fired up and ready to go out and hopefully win.

Good luck to the players and management for tomorrow and let's get our first 3 points.

UTS

Doesn't Nuneaton away count??

I agree its going to be a tough start against a team who always fair well at this level and have a good manager in charge of them. They appear to have added some quality this week although hopefully it will come too soon as a group as they've not played together before.

Wont be too disheartened to come away with a draw in all honesty because if we could then we the 2 home games we would be right up there after the opening week.

The team selection will be interesting, I have a feeling he will play all 3 strikers in the way he did last Saturday with Peniket out wide but we'll see

8 minutes ago, greygoose said:

Doesn't Nuneaton away count??

I agree its going to be a tough start against a team who always fair well at this level and have a good manager in charge of them. They appear to have added some quality this week although hopefully it will come too soon as a group as they've not played together before.

Wont be too disheartened to come away with a draw in all honesty because if we could then we the 2 home games we would be right up there after the opening week.

The team selection will be interesting, I have a feeling he will play all 3 strikers in the way he did last Saturday with Peniket out wide but we'll see

You've lost me on the first part. Yes it does count. 

Here we are, the best day of the year has arrived.

let's make some noise down there today, help drag them over the line and help us get off to a good start. I want all 3pts and won't settle for a draw. The marker we could lay down today is huge when you add in 2 home games to come. 

2 hours ago, Icke's Lizard said:

Here we are, the best day of the year has arrived.

It's ridiculous isn't it and it days like this that make me question my love for the beautiful game. I'm excited about going to Nuneaton FFS. Nobody should ever be excited about going to a place that is the B@stard child of a drunken threeway between Birmingham , Coventry and Leicester without inherting any of the their very few redeeming qualities. A drab ground on an industrial estate and a day that is undoubtedly going to be tarnished by a couple of dozen broken condoms dressed in Stone Island doing a high school rendition of The Firm.

Then i realise that i get to put my Blue and White striped scarf in my car, adorn my replica shirt and cheer on 11 men in bright blody orange kicking a ball in the sun all in the name of a town that foolishly brought me in to this world. Sure my mum deserves some of the credit too but she couldn't give a **** about football.

COME ON SHAYMEN.

Cheering on the shaymen from Disney world - will be getting updates whilst queuing for mickey mouse's autograph 

Visiting a friend in Leicester today. Thought about just staying in the train 1 stop longer and getting off in Nuneaton instead... Come in Town!