Season ticket sales

StVn1987

11 hours ago, AFC Halifax said:

After having a long chat with Louisa the other day it does seem as though the chairman is allowing others to do a bit more and he has realised that the club needs to market itself better. The ideas that are being discussed are very positive and Louisa did say she is open to any suggestions the fans may have 

Mr B in less of a control freak shocker?

• Replies 522
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I dare say its probably the best of any Halifax Town club.

Good effort that and great crowd tonight. Don't sack it off next season Dave because we didn't sell 1700, build on it and we just might in a couple of seasons.

Called down to collect my season ticket this evening, unfortunately the carnage some of you were predicting couldn't have been wider of the mark. Walked in, told Louisa my name and was given my e

Posted Images

Perhaps another incentive the club could consider would be to offer purchasers of 2016/17 season tickets is to offer them the guarantee of buying an ST next season at this season's price. 

36 minutes ago, Jmc said:

Financial suicide if we were to get promoted  back to the conference am afraid 

Would be OK provided tickets bought by a fixed date say 31/ 5 then increase price to a higher figure if bought by 30/6 then final price by 31/7.

This would give cash flow during summer which should help the club.

4 minutes ago, Hxmitch said:

Would be OK provided tickets bought by a fixed date say 31/ 5 then increase price to a higher figure if bought by 30/6 then final price by 31/7.

This would give cash flow during summer which should help the club.

Theres money in the bank to do that without them giving future revenue away.

Slow down you are getting in front of yourselves now..........we've not got this year's yet.

Let them focus on coming up with a cunning plan to enable people to collect their ST from the Shay without having to spend ages queuing outside the 

Shay on one wet Wednesday night between 6 and 8pm. 

19 minutes ago, holmbridge said:

Slow down you are getting in front of yourselves now..........we've not got this year's yet.

Let them focus on coming up with a cunning plan to enable people to collect their ST from the Shay without having to spend ages queuing outside the 

Shay on one wet Wednesday night between 6 and 8pm. 

exactly, i'm am still unsure how i am going to get hold of mine, can they collected before the altrincham game as this is the only time i can actually get there to collect them. Talk about making things complicated!!!

18 minutes ago, choppiebinkie said:

exactly, i'm am still unsure how i am going to get hold of mine, can they collected before the altrincham game as this is the only time i can actually get there to collect them. Talk about making things complicated!!!

Agreed. Having to plan to stay at the in-laws so I can collect season ticket before season. That's dedication !!

14 minutes ago, Hxmitch said:

Agreed. Having to plan to stay at the in-laws so I can collect season ticket before season. That's dedication !!

I don't understand

• why they aren't available to collect at the time of purchase....ie print in advance of them being released for sale 
  • why they can't be posted out at the time of purchase...as above
  • why they can't be posted out at some date(s) close to the start of the season.

They know in advance the number of home games they will be playing and so could order proportion of the  1700 (the target number) sets of tickets in advance and any sets not used are destroyed at some point after the first game of the season.( Mr B can personal supervise the bonfire) 

The printing costs can't be that expensive that they can only print the exact number required at some arbitrary cut off date.

600-700 people turning up in a short timescale to collect has to be a greater administrative nightmare than collecting/posting out over an extended period of time.

1 hour ago, holmbridge said:

I don't understand

• why they aren't available to collect at the time of purchase....ie print in advance of them being released for sale 
  • why they can't be posted out at the time of purchase...as above
  • why they can't be posted out at some date(s) close to the start of the season.

They know in advance the number of home games they will be playing and so could order proportion of the  1700 (the target number) sets of tickets in advance and any sets not used are destroyed at some point after the first game of the season.( Mr B can personal supervise the bonfire) 

The printing costs can't be that expensive that they can only print the exact number required at some arbitrary cut off date.

600-700 people turning up in a short timescale to collect has to be a greater administrative nightmare than collecting/posting out over an extended period of time.

printing costs are quite expensive so the idea of loads of pre-printing is a non-starter

Have you had to queue up for a season ticket before- somehow don't think all 700 are going to turn up at the same time

those I'm sure who bought before end of June will also want to collect their framed squad photo

I'm not actually aware that the club have said what the logistics will be yet have they? Believe they have always said that tickets will need to be collected in person, so that shouldn't be a surprise to anybody. Am also sure that if there is anybody who just can't make it to collect their ticket, then they can contact the club at the time to try and arrange something

For your ticket holmbridge, Mr B will probably deliver it personally :D

The arrangements "proposed"are collect from the Shay "early August".  Tickets can be ordered upto the end of July I believe. When does the first home game kick off?  Early August?

So not many days to get them printed and then to divvy them up to the masses before the first game kicks off.

I have never had to queue as this will be my first season ticket in 55 seasons of watching the club, bought in the post Wembley euphoria.  

This close season has been a massive improvement on any of the previous 55 seasons ( well those I can remember) but with just a little bit more effort it could be even better. My original post was in relation to a statement about how things could be further improved...I gave my idea on season tickets...I apologise if it didn't meet your high expectations Steve .

All they have to do is tell people what the arrangements will be so people, especially those from further away, can make some plans Not everyone can get to the Shay midweek to make a collection.

8 minutes ago, holmbridge said:

All they have to do is tell people what the arrangements will be so people, especially those from further away, can make some plans Not everyone can get to the Shay midweek to make a collection.

and I am assuming they will, including for those who live away from Calderdale. A month to go yet

On 02/07/2016, 12:20:40, Jmc said:

Don't really see the point of a cut off ! People who get paid 1stweek in Aug etc just gives bit more time to sell few more 

Last time I bought an st they just posted it!

On 08 July 2016, AFC Halifax said:

After having a long chat with Louisa the other day it does seem as though the chairman is allowing others to do a bit more and he has realised that the club needs to market itself better. The ideas that are being discussed are very positive and Louisa did say she is open to any suggestions the fans may have

Crikey that must have been some conference call involving all 20 odd of the squad; still nice to know you all share the same opinions ;)

The club have tweeted this evening that we are barely moving past 600 season tickets.

I know that is just a figure for adult tickets and doesn't take into account the teenage tickets or under 12s free season tickets. 

I just feel a bit depressed at 600 and feel a bit of anger too towards a lot of the wembley hangers on.

i understand lots who went that day were relatives, I also understand that not everybody can make the match due to work, caring for relatives, lots of reasons. But if they make atleast half the games then it's just as good as a season ticket.

the club are really trying to promote ST's and I can't fault them at all. I'm just depressed at this town's appetite for having a football club and something to be proud of through thick and thin. Not just a wembley jolly or a conference north title in 8-9 months time.

rant over, soz. <_<

4 minutes ago, Icke's Lizard said:

The club have tweeted this evening that we are barely moving past 600 season tickets.

I know that is just a figure for adult tickets and doesn't take into account the teenage tickets or under 12s free season tickets. 

I just feel a bit depressed at 600 and feel a bit of anger too towards a lot of the wembley hangers on.

i understand lots who went that day were relatives, I also understand that not everybody can make the match due to work, caring for relatives, lots of reasons. But if they make atleast half the games then it's just as good as a season ticket.

the club are really trying to promote ST's and I can't fault them at all. I'm just depressed at this town's appetite for having a football club and something to be proud of through thick and thin. Not just a wembley jolly or a conference north title in 8-9 months time.

rant over, soz. <_<

600 ST's is good going for The Shaymen.

yes whilst I don't think 600 will be great for the club in financial terms, in normal terms to have half your hardcore support on season tickets is good going, I always felt the 1700 was wild, didn't know what to expect in total but 600 at this point doesn't really surprise me, hope it doesn't put the club off future incentives though

7 minutes ago, Shaytrev said:

We might get it upto over 700 before the season starts. Add that to free tickets for kids and the under 16''s and you're probably looking at 1000. 

As you say, good going for us and for  club in Conference North.

I do understand Icke''s frustration though. I've had the same one in the past for many a year (as most of us have.)

I am still hopeful that some of the 10 000 that attended Wembley but don't normally go will venture down to a few this season. If we can get 1500 plus for the first Tuesday night game then it bodes well. Especially if we have a good start.

Plenty to be positive about. Well done to the club for all their initiatives this pre season.

14 minutes ago, Shaytrev said:

And that is 600 ADULT ST's too is it not?

I'm sure the last time we were in the Conference North (so a like for like comparable) we had around 550 ST's sold in total.

I expect this will be the best ever uptake in ST's - but we won't get close to the 1700 target, which was never really achievable in my opinion.

If we get between 800 and 1000 Adult Season Tickets then we have done fantastically in my opinion.

5 minutes ago, Flea said:

And that is 600 ADULT ST's too is it not?

I'm sure the last time we were in the Conference North (so a like for like comparable) we had around 550 ST's sold in total.

I expect this will be the best ever uptake in ST's - but we won't get close to the 1700 target, which was never really achievable in my opinion.

If we get between 800 and 1000 Adult Season Tickets then we have done fantastically in my opinion.

I never expected 1700, but off the back of Wembley I would have loved 1000-1200

My frustration stems from being sick of bumping into people I know and they're bragging about wembley (who could blame them) but asking them all last season to come down and watch a game, or take the plunge on an ST this season but I'm hitting a brick wall in my effort to entice them.

I suppose I'm stupid for letting it annoy me, I just want to see us do well and people have civic pride rather than watch £100m flops in the bow leg every Saturday teatime.

Archived