Season ticket sales

StVn1987

On 7 August 2016 at 13:27:27, shaycrazy said:

Surely a Credit style Card that can slip easily inside a wallet would have been better, then posted out to the recipient at minimal cost. This card then becomes your passport to Halifax Town to claim any freebies, order cup tickets or discounts or book official away travel.    

Presumably they'd have to install a load of new technology at the turnstiles. 

• Replies 522
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I dare say its probably the best of any Halifax Town club.

Good effort that and great crowd tonight. Don't sack it off next season Dave because we didn't sell 1700, build on it and we just might in a couple of seasons.

Called down to collect my season ticket this evening, unfortunately the carnage some of you were predicting couldn't have been wider of the mark. Walked in, told Louisa my name and was given my e

Posted Images

16 minutes ago, Bazza2al said:

Presumably they'd have to install a load of new technology at the turnstiles. 

think they just show the card at the turnstiles rather than scan it through a reader, the rugby that is. 

2 minutes ago, Bazza2al said:

Plenty of places where a card could be passed to somebody outside the stadium!

With a little more extravagance and not much more money you could add a photo or write down a 4 number code that can be cross checked to avoid multiple use or forgeries

6 minutes ago, steve lumb said:

doesn't that then need technology at the turnstiles?

It would  but you're not looking at mega bucks Steve. Just a simple device similar to one in a supermarket. The only problem is, like most technology, when it breaks down/doesn't work you need a plan b.

7 minutes ago, Erik Everhard said:

It would  but you're not looking at mega bucks Steve. Just a simple device similar to one in a supermarket. The only problem is, like most technology, when it breaks down/doesn't work you need a plan b.

multiplied by the number of turnstiles, and it's not as cheap as you think. Besides, if we paid for installation, the rugger buggers would want to use it :D

12 minutes ago, steve lumb said:

multiplied by the number of turnstiles, and it's not as cheap as you think. Besides, if we paid for installation, the rugger buggers would want to use it :D

I get what you're saying Steve but I would be surprised if you're looking at more than a couple of hundred quid for each turnstile. 

8 minutes ago, Erik Everhard said:

You could have a turnstile or 2 in each stand designated for season tickets (as I'm sure there already is.)

But season tickets are valid for either stand so you could still get people misusing it.

Plus can you imagine the queues, 900 season tickets sold meaning three quarters of the  crowd trying to get through one or two turnstiles. There'd be chaos as the turnstile operators search down lists of numbers for the right one while the queue outside gets longer and longer...

Current system works fine, as and when the council upgrade to electric turnstiles then we can switch. But that will then cause more outrage at cup games when everyone has to go and buy a ticket from the office before they can get in.

13 minutes ago, Erik Everhard said:

I get what you're saying Steve but I would be surprised if you're looking at more than a couple of hundred quid for each turnstile. 

Are you having a laugh. The company coming to install them would be charging almost that per hour. Any scanning device dependant on laser technology and you are probably looking at upwards of a grand apiece minimum if the survey equipment i use is anything to go by. Multiply this by 10 (?) turnstiles.

Nothing wrong with the paper books. Although i still maintain the club could have offered a postage and packaging option when buying. 

51 minutes ago, noelm1979 said:

Are you having a laugh. The company coming to install them would be charging almost that per hour. Any scanning device dependant on laser technology and you are probably looking at upwards of a grand apiece minimum if the survey equipment i use is anything to go by. Multiply this by 10 (?) turnstiles.

Nothing wrong with the paper books. Although i still maintain the club could have offered a postage and packaging option when buying. 

If I am it''s not that funny. Depends on what you need. A simple device that reads the pass and notes that it''s been used would not be that expensive and you don't need them on every turnstile.

Although I hope in the future when The Shay is sold out every week and there''s 12000 season tickets sold every season, that there is one on every one.

42 minutes ago, AFC Halifax said:

What about a book that has numbered slips in and on entry that numbered slip relating to that game is torn out? Sounds like a good idea to me 

Too expensive.

1 hour ago, Erik Everhard said:

If I am it''s not that funny. Depends on what you need. A simple device that reads the pass and notes that it''s been used would not be that expensive and you don't need them on every turnstile.

Although I hope in the future when The Shay is sold out every week and there''s 12000 season tickets sold every season, that there is one on every one.

and the software and the operating computers etc.

We have a similar system at work where we all have credit card style cards for entry and exit to a car park.....3 of them for entry and 3 of them for exit, The maintenance cost alone is 30k a year. 

Archived