Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

StVn1987

Season ticket sales

18 minutes ago, Luke said:

Increased presence in the town, shirts on sale before the previous season had ended, cheap season tickets, increased marketing, more products available in the shop. Need I go on? 

What more can they do?

Give you the Freddie Fox job.

So was it season ticket carnage or was it an unqualified handover success, suspect the latter as we don't appear to be unindated with negative posts on the subject.

4 minutes ago, Roy Race said:

So was it season ticket carnage or was it an unqualified handover success, suspect the latter as we don't appear to be unindated with negative posts on the subject.

They did a grand job under some mad system they had devised with envelopes and paper allover the table but in althabetical order atleast! I don't think there was any other way round it though.

If you can get there Monday/Tuesday daytime then make sure you do. I can see a few gripes come 7.40pm Tuesday when a few are still queuing. 

Credit where it's due, looked manic to the naked eye but there was clearly a system that phelpsy and Louisa had which worked superbly. Well done to both

24 minutes ago, Luke said:

Credit where it's due, looked manic to the naked eye but there was clearly a system that phelpsy and Louisa had which worked superbly. Well done to both

Good, we can move on to the next  BOD bashing exercise now.

29 minutes ago, Roy Race said:

Good, we can move on to the next  BOD bashing exercise now.

OK. Framed photo of the team and mug with your season ticket purchase.

Nah, never going to happen suckers. Well, it might, give us a month or two, Christmas definitely, by the end of the season honestly.

Blah blah blah............they do their best.

Mickey Mouse directors running a Mickey Mouse operation. I can only assume our esteemed overlords have had their business empires passed down to them because they sure as hell have no idea about how to run a football club.

26 minutes ago, Stasi Pants said:

Nah, never going to happen suckers. Well, it might, give us a month or two, Christmas definitely, by the end of the season honestly.

Mickey Mouse directors running a Mickey Mouse operation. I can only assume our esteemed overlords have had their business empires passed down to them because they sure as hell have no idea about how to run a football club.

Wow, you really do have an issue with the board don't you? Maybe when you pick up your season ticket you could discuss with Louisa in person your concerns? I'm sure she will be happy to help regarding any issues and will aim to resolve them as she has for me in the past

Why should I discuss it with Louisa in person? 

When I place an order I don't have a conflab with Louisa, I place an order expecting to receive what I order. 

When the official Twitter account tells me the shop will be open, and I make the effort to get there at said time, I expect it to be open. I don't want a discussion with Louisa, I just want the shop to be open as promised.

When people pay £199 for a season ticket and are promised certain extras, they just want to receive them, they don't want to go chasing after Louisa in the shop, on the off-chance it might be open  when advertised.

When people order DVD's in May, they don't want to go chasing after Louisa in August asking where they are? The clue is in the name 'POSTAGE AND PACKING'.

I've met Louisa, and actually, she seems a really nice woman, but that's not the point. It's about our directors backing her up if she's struggling to keep up with the demand. But they won't. 

The odd admin cock up people will accept, but it's way beyond that, it's a shambles.

8 hours ago, Wilder Bollox said:

It's a real balls ache trying to find a time to get into Halifax before the Altrincham game

My advice would be allow yourself at least 45mins before kick off. After standing in what was not an overly long queue for just over half an hour i really couldn't understand why it was taking so long when i was in and out in well under a minute when i got to the front. I didn't expect to get there and get all the free goodies today but i can get in in Tuesday hassle free and that is the main thing. If by some small miracle i get a mug +/or a picture in the future then it is a bonus.

9 hours ago, Stasi Pants said:

Absolutely spot on!!!!!

9 hours ago, Stasi Pants said:

:rolleyes:

8 hours ago, Stasi Pants said:

When I place an order I don't have a conflab with Louisa, I place an order expecting to receive what I order. 

When the official Twitter account tells me the shop will be open, and I make the effort to get there at said time, I expect it to be open. I don't want a discussion with Louisa, I just want the shop to be open as promised.

When people pay £199 for a season ticket and are promised certain extras, they just want to receive them, they don't want to go chasing after Louisa in the shop, on the off-chance it might be open  when advertised.

When people order DVD's in May, they don't want to go chasing after Louisa in August asking where they are? The clue is in the name 'POSTAGE AND PACKING'.

I've met Louisa, and actually, she seems a really nice woman, but that's not the point. It's about our directors backing her up if she's struggling to keep up with the demand. But they won't. 

The odd admin cock up people will accept, but it's way beyond that, it's a shambles.

tbh, I think I preferred it when the club were getting grief for not doing anything. And thats exactly what they should do next season IMHO. No announcements, no club shop and shut down all social media accounts. Just give up on everything except paying the players wages. That way we can lay off a few employees and not have the cost of paying them. 

Why can't people accept that when fans receive poor service they are entitled to gripe In the hope of preventing these issues reoccurring. The above post is possibly the most ridiculous since a Moody rant !! 

8 hours ago, Stasi Pants said:

You criticise a lot, but if you had a chat, you might realise there's a lot that doesn't meet the eye? There's 3 full time staff to basically run a football club and one of them is secretary.

i don't know what happened with the shop situation as I was on holiday, but I'm sure I read on Twitter it was closed due to illness? And I remember reading it wouldn't be open at home pre season games after that. I'm sure they would appreciate you volunteering to help?

maybe it's out of the clubs hands? So you think we have someone employed by the club to make mugs? Do you think they can knock them up in 10 minutes? Same with the picture. How easy is it to get 700 pictures into frames. How many people do you think will be sorting that? How many people do you think sat and sorted every envelope out for each season ticket, going through each order and making sure they were correct?

again with DVDs, when ordering I'm sure I read it was for collection (or were they programmes?). I collected both on the Friday night and didn't have a problem 

50 minutes ago, Jmc said:

Why can't people accept that when fans receive poor service they are entitled to gripe In the hope of preventing these issues reoccurring. The above post is possibly the most ridiculous since a Moody rant !! 

I thought I would join in on the new trend. Maybe there should a thread specifically where people can post any issues they have with the club? I'm sure all involved with the club will read this messageboard, so that way they know where to look. ATM, everywhere you look there is someone calling the club a mess or a shambles. I was simply reminding people that it is far better to have a club that engage with the supporters with special offers and one off merchandise, than one that doesn't do a thing. No they haven't got it quite right but get over it. I'm sure the club are aware of the issues and i'm sure the club will be much improved in 6 months time. 

We know they haven't got it right in certain areas but in business a complaint is a free gift. 

What I can't understand is the Club insisted that everyone ordered their season ticket on line. Fair enough that's the way a lot of purchasing is going these days. But they then revert to an antiquated system of booklets of tickets that had to be collected in person after standing in a queue for 30 minutes. Surely a Credit style Card that can slip easily inside a wallet would have been better, then posted out to the recipient at minimal cost. This card then becomes your passport to Halifax Town to claim any freebies, order cup tickets or discounts or book official away travel.    

59 minutes ago, Wilder Bollox said:

I don't earn a penny for most of the work I do but I've still got to put in the long hours and make sure that everything I do is done right

You need to find a new job by the sounds of things.

Called down to collect my season ticket this evening, unfortunately the carnage some of you were predicting couldn't have been wider of the mark.

Walked in, told Louisa my name and was given my envelope containing season tickets (Plus drink voucher, car sticker and letter explaining how to redeem the other stuff). Couldn't have been easier, or quicker. I didn't even have chance to use the Pokégym I was dealt with that quickly.

same here was a very easy transaction and only four in the queue too