Season ticket sales

StVn1987

1 minute ago, holmbridge said:

So let's assume there are 1000 tickets sold in a combination of adult,youths, and kids versions.  Each ticket receipt will need to be checked, payment validated, goodie bag for some, not for others, ticket issued and transactionrecorded as complete.  If, and its a big if, they can do that in a single minute then it will take just shy of 17 "man" hours to complete ....provided there is always someone in the queue waiting to be processed and the packs are all ready to be issued and there is some one to issue them  

I hope  they rethink about opening on Sunday  or they have found a spare trestle table to work from with enough people to man the set up for sufficient time. 

The 300 kids ones at £79 and free had to be ordered with an adult, so you would assume they'd be fairly easy to process. However I still find it amazing that they've waited so long. Good job we're away Saturday. 

• Replies 522
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I dare say its probably the best of any Halifax Town club.

Good effort that and great crowd tonight. Don't sack it off next season Dave because we didn't sell 1700, build on it and we just might in a couple of seasons.

Called down to collect my season ticket this evening, unfortunately the carnage some of you were predicting couldn't have been wider of the mark. Walked in, told Louisa my name and was given my e

Posted Images

The sales would indicate to me at first glance that the vast majority have been snapped up by those fans that would have been regular pay on the gate or non subsidised season ticket holders anyway.

If we are working on a shade under 900 sold being sold to the existing dire hard core of circa 900-1200 folk then im sure Mr Bosomworth is not sitting so comfortably, he should not really be surprised though, this is exactly the sort of numbers that should have been expected - its a great deal for the fans though so there can be no complaints on that front.

Lets hope for a good season, some big games, more floating support during the season and hopefully a promotion back to the Conference. Mr B has taken the plunge with this one, lets hope that on the field the team perform and the bums of seats increase - a combination of the two and a continuing effort during next summer and the summer after that and so forth............... Like many have said its got to be a sustained effort for it to have a chance of working.

31 minutes ago, ewalsh said:

The 300 kids ones at £79 and free had to be ordered with an adult, so you would assume they'd be fairly easy to process. However I still find it amazing that they've waited so long. Good job we're away Saturday. 

Making round trip on Saturday of 180 miles Trust that opening times to collect are sensible and not a case of opening at 10.00 to 11.00 with only one person dealing with admin. 

3 minutes ago, Hxmitch said:

Making round trip on Saturday of 180 miles Trust that opening times to collect are sensible and not a case of opening at 10.00 to 11.00 with only one person dealing with admin. 

Would like to think they're open before the coaches set off. Remember a few years back, possibly before Cambridge on opening day, the shop opened half an hour after the bus has set off. 

4 hours ago, greygoose said:

If one of those books costs more than £1 each I will be amazed.

This is of course assuming that printing is the issue here, it may simply be that they were going to withdraw the offer all along if they didn't hit the target and have realised it would be suicide to do so.

Prepare to be amazed; and utter bollox to the last bit.

4 hours ago, holmbridge said:

So let's assume there are 1000 tickets sold in a combination of adult,youths, and kids versions.  Each ticket receipt will need to be checked, payment validated, goodie bag for some, not for others, ticket issued and transactionrecorded as complete.  If, and its a big if, they can do that in a single minute then it will take just shy of 17 "man" hours to complete ....provided there is always someone in the queue waiting to be processed and the packs are all ready to be issued and there is some one to issue them

I hope  they rethink about opening on Sunday  or they have found a spare trestle table to work from with enough people to man the set up for sufficient time.

Dear Mr Time And Motion Man i guess the fact that our co tenants are at home on Sunday makes it impractiable for us to open ??

2 hours ago, chadders said:

Prepare to be amazed; and utter bollox to the last bit.

Well its not utter bollox is it?..... Its less than 3 weeks ago that the club issued a statement along the lines of ''buy now and please ensure this season ticket deal can go ahead'' are you telling me that the club at that point were not considering pulling the plug? If not why even release it..

Yes i'm still pretty amazed that a one print pocket sized booklet with 25 tear away tickets cannot be produced for about a quid when ordering in large quantities, if its more it surely cant be by much?

Still my point was more about printing an amount that they were certain of selling initially, getting 500 done  2-3 weeks ago was never going to to see any unused and could have got the club ahead of the game so to speak.

Am I right in thinking that right at the start of this promotion the club stated that season tickets would be available in the first week of August?

They are available to collect on the 6th August - so what exactly is the issue here? The club came out with a statement saying when people would get tickets. That timescale is being met - its not been pushed backwards etc...

Yes, it may be tight with the start of the season, but the club have always said from the very start when the tickets would be available.

You are quite correct Flea, there is a 2.5hr window in the first week in August so the club has fully complied with its promise to sell them in that first week and I am sure the club has contingencies in place when all 800-1000 purchasers turn up in the first week of August to collect them.

11 hours ago, greygoose said:

Well its not utter bollox is it?..... Its less than 3 weeks ago that the club issued a statement along the lines of ''buy now and please ensure this season ticket deal can go ahead'' are you telling me that the club at that point were not considering pulling the plug? If not why even release it..

Yes i'm still pretty amazed that a one print pocket sized booklet with 25 tear away tickets cannot be produced for about a quid when ordering in large quantities, if its more it surely cant be by much?

Still my point was more about printing an amount that they were certain of selling initially, getting 500 done  2-3 weeks ago was never going to to see any unused and could have got the club ahead of the game so to speak.

With regards to the statement I agree it was a badly worded one but I did not interpret the same way as you. As for the cost of printing season tickets all I can say is hopefully you don't run a printing business ;) However I agree with your last paragraph and maybe lessons can be learned from this. 

25 minutes ago, chadders said:

As for the cost of printing season tickets all I can say is hopefully you don't run a printing business ;)

Go on then, how much does it cost to print? I know from my time at the club and it is surprisingly cheap but look forward to being proven wrong.

6 minutes ago, Bubba said:

Go on then, how much does it cost to print? I know from my time at the club and it is surprisingly cheap but look forward to being proven wrong.

you were still in short trousers when you worked at the club

Costs have gone up since then you know........;)

Archived