Season ticket sales

StVn1987

• Replies 522
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I dare say its probably the best of any Halifax Town club.

Good effort that and great crowd tonight. Don't sack it off next season Dave because we didn't sell 1700, build on it and we just might in a couple of seasons.

Called down to collect my season ticket this evening, unfortunately the carnage some of you were predicting couldn't have been wider of the mark. Walked in, told Louisa my name and was given my e

Posted Images

On 18/07/2016, 21:49:44, Rastrick Town said:

(not sure why the above quote is there from 2 weeks ago. I can't get rid of it).

Riccardo, unless there's been a massive surge in the past week, the tweet this morning can only be interpreted as sarcasm (given the critical statement they made previously when we were on around 700).

1 hour ago, Jumbo1 said:

(not sure why the above quote is there from 2 weeks ago. I can't get rid of it).

Riccardo, unless there's been a massive surge in the past week, the tweet this morning can only be interpreted as sarcasm (given the critical statement they made previously when we were on around 700).

This was a message for people who have bought season tickets rather then those who haven't so even if sales have ended badly then I cant see why they would be sarcastic to the very people that have supported the campaign. Perhaps it means they've had a great response since the plea?

If it turns out to be sarcastic then its poor from the club although it could simply be that there were actually good sales in the last 2 weeks or so which will hopefully be the case.

2 minutes ago, Flea said:

Whilst nowhere near the target of 1700 an uptake of 700+ Adult STs is still our best sales as a reformed club.

I dare say its probably the best of any Halifax Town club.

1 hour ago, eddies mate said:
1 hour ago, eddies mate said:

Saturday earliest collection now.....

Open at the weekend....but not Sunday when most people would be free to go to collect, assume they must all be at Church

I'd expect they'll be open on Saturday morning before fans set off for Nuneaton, then Monday during the day and evening, Tuesday during the day again and pre match. 

Shouldn't be a major problem, just call in at reception and collect when you're down for the game. But, this is Halifax and it's unlikely to go as simply as it should.

The figure is definitely over 700, and that's a fantastic number for a conference north team. The 1700 target was astonishingly ambitious, but that doesn't matter because by setting the bar that high they've achieved more than would have been done with a more realistic goal (what kind of marketing campaign succeeds from being realistic and downplayed anyway?).
It could have been achieved if tickets were sold before the FA Trophy final, but even then, that wouldn't be guaranteed in my opinion. Much more realistic for the FA Trophy final was getting the new shirts and other merchandise out on time, and by doing that they'll have flogged more of those than ever before. I saw hundreds of fans wearing this season's kit at Wembley already.

The last 6 months of marketing have been brilliant. We're getting the word out and showing our colours. We've managed to remain calm and positive despite a very disappointing relegation and this leg work will pay huge dividends if we get promoted this year, and if we don't then I can't imagine the effort will have lost us any money or fans anyway. The truth is, we do not know what exactly will bring a new fan along who will watch one game, then watch one season, then maybe support the Shaymen for the rest of his/her life, but any amount of work that goes towards gaining each new fan one by one is absolutely worth it.     

I'd love to know the breakdown of how many were sold in each catogary. It's 700 adults and hasn't taken into account under 12s or 12-16yr old. I'd like to take a very optimistic guess that all in all we are nudging close towards 1000.

imagine if we get off to a good start in the league, then I'd fancy us to break a few average attendance records from previous years. The season is almost here and I'm getting all optimistic and excited!

1 hour ago, Bobbins said:

I'd expect they'll be open on Saturday morning before fans set off for Nuneaton, then Monday during the day and evening, Tuesday during the day again and pre match. 

Shouldn't be a major problem, just call in at reception and collect when you're down for the game. But, this is Halifax and it's unlikely to go as simply as it should.

The problem the club might have is if 500 people turn up on Tuesday at 7.30pm wanting their tickets to get in. How are they going to get through that number of people inside 15 minutes?

It wont just be a case of throwing books out, they will have to check order numbers and names before they can be given out, lets just hope most people collect theirs before Tuesday night so that we don't see a problem.

2 minutes ago, greygoose said:

The problem the club might have is if 500 people turn up on Tuesday at 7.30pm wanting their tickets to get in. How are they going to get through that number of people inside 15 minutes?

I am sorry but that would serve them right. Not everyone will be able to get there early, but most should be able to.

1 hour ago, olitheshayman said:

The figure is definitely over 700, and that's a fantastic number for a conference north team. The 1700 target was astonishingly ambitious, but that doesn't matter because by setting the bar that high they've achieved more than would have been done with a more realistic goal (what kind of marketing campaign succeeds from being realistic and downplayed anyway?).
It could have been achieved if tickets were sold before the FA Trophy final, but even then, that wouldn't be guaranteed in my opinion. Much more realistic for the FA Trophy final was getting the new shirts and other merchandise out on time, and by doing that they'll have flogged more of those than ever before. I saw hundreds of fans wearing this season's kit at Wembley already.

The last 6 months of marketing have been brilliant. We're getting the word out and showing our colours. We've managed to remain calm and positive despite a very disappointing relegation and this leg work will pay huge dividends if we get promoted this year, and if we don't then I can't imagine the effort will have lost us any money or fans anyway. The truth is, we do not know what exactly will bring a new fan along who will watch one game, then watch one season, then maybe support the Shaymen for the rest of his/her life, but any amount of work that goes towards gaining each new fan one by one is absolutely worth it.     

Great Post This coming season if we have The kind of season we all hope for the Board might put out another good season ticket offer for the season after and we may well achieve 1700 season tickets . Bradford and Huddersfield have been doing there offers for a few seasons now so it must be working otherwise they wouldn't be doing the offers.

12 minutes ago, Bubba said:

I am sorry but that would serve them right. Not everyone will be able to get there early, but most should be able to.

C'ant agree here.Most fans will be at Nuneaton Saturday,not open Sunday(?) work monday,game Tuesday,when most w'ont get home from work in time to be early.Should have been issued as sold,simple.

40 minutes ago, greygoose said:

It wont just be a case of throwing books out, they will have to check order numbers and names before they can be given out, lets just hope most people collect theirs before Tuesday night so that we don't see a problem.

As said by Bubba, if you know you're picking up a season ticket before the match then you go down a bit earlier to do so. Plus, the club will know by Monday night how many are uncollected (so the expected number who'll be coming to collect pre-match) and can make arrangements.

If they're available to collect on Saturday morning then fans can pick them up before leaving for Nuneaton.

Ideally they'd have been issued as they were sold, but I can see that they're trying to keep printing costs down and not end up with a load of unsold books.

30 minutes ago, Bobbins said:

As said by Bubba, if you know you're picking up a season ticket before the match then you go down a bit earlier to do so. Plus, the club will know by Monday night how many are uncollected (so the expected number who'll be coming to collect pre-match) and can make arrangements.

If they're available to collect on Saturday morning then fans can pick them up before leaving for Nuneaton.

Ideally they'd have been issued as they were sold, but I can see that they're trying to keep printing costs down and not end up with a load of unsold books.

If one of those books costs more than £1 each I will be amazed and whilst we don't want to be throwing money away I think they could have speculated at around 1000 when this offer first went to press, after all they thought 1700 was achievable back then.

Could have even played it safe with say 500 (we passed this marker ages ago) then re-order anymore at the end of the offer, at least then a large proportion of them are ready and could have been picked up already.

It may well work out fine in the end if people are sensible/able to pop down before next Tuesday evening but it just seems a bit 'last minute', almost like they weren't really ready for something that has in reality been on the cards for 2 months.

This is of course assuming that printing is the issue here, it may simply be that they were going to withdraw the offer all along if they didn't hit the target and have realised it would be suicide to do so.

So let's assume there are 1000 tickets sold in a combination of adult,youths, and kids versions.  Each ticket receipt will need to be checked, payment validated, goodie bag for some, not for others, ticket issued and transactionrecorded as complete.  If, and its a big if, they can do that in a single minute then it will take just shy of 17 "man" hours to complete ....provided there is always someone in the queue waiting to be processed and the packs are all ready to be issued and there is some one to issue them  

I hope  they rethink about opening on Sunday  or they have found a spare trestle table to work from with enough people to man the set up for sufficient time. 

Archived