Jump to content

Season ticket sales


StVn1987

Recommended Posts

Me being stupid has lead me to be working on Tuesday night big mistake as soon as I agreed I just knew but I'm now owed a favour which could be used during the regular season so I'm still counting it as a win 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 522
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I dare say its probably the best of any Halifax Town club.

Good effort that and great crowd tonight. Don't sack it off next season Dave because we didn't sell 1700, build on it and we just might in a couple of seasons.

Called down to collect my season ticket this evening, unfortunately the carnage some of you were predicting couldn't have been wider of the mark. Walked in, told Louisa my name and was given my e

Posted Images

6 hours ago, Forever a Shayman said:

I think after last seasons disasters on the pitch the club owe the fans not the other way round £199 is a fair price but certainly not under charged after watching the utter garbage with what got us relegated with the home displays like Cheltenham, Braintree ,Welling ,Aldershot and Woking to name but a few its the fans that are owed.If season tickets were £280 we would be lucky to have 200 the club will have banked at least £120000 which I think is decent if we do well and our displays are very good we could get up to 1700 average anyway .

Sell 600 season tickets at 200 each the club don't bank 120,000 

they bank 96,000

the VAT man banks 24,000 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, shaycrazy said:

Big game on Tuesday against Sheffield Utd. Put up  good show against them, then one or two might be encouraged to buy a S.T. Because it is holiday time at the moment parting with two hundred quid at this time will be out of reach for some people. I agree with other posters  on here keep the deal going for a couple of weeks longer, we might then just reach a thousand,

What ever happens the number of season tickets sold equals money already in the Bank, keep winning matches and the money will keep rolling in.

           

The reason the offer stops at the end of July is that they then get a single batch printed, it is apparently very expensive to print such ticket books according to reports on here.  

Keeping it open into August would either involve the extra expense of printing a few extras, or those that have bought will have to wait and miss a couple of games of the season without a ticket...which would be silly ....but this is the Shay.

They would have printed and distributed tickets to those already having purchased surely if the cost of printing was negligible...unless the "withdrawal clause" threat is for real.  

If they are really that concerned over costs,withdraw the framed photo, car sticker, free admission for a friend, free pint and 20% off in the shop additional offer and save themselves circa £25+ a ticket, that did seem a little generous in addition to the lower prices anyway.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Rastrick Town said:

Nearly 700 now,i personally think this is a great effort.

Have they tweeted this?

The more I think about it, it makes me think would it not be better for the club if fans didn't buy it. Either you need 1500 or over or hardly any at all. I hope the crowds improve but if fans pay the going rate every week we might be better off.

This just doesn't make sense. If the board thought we'd sell the 1700 needed they couldn't have been more wrong.

Massive gamble by them and they don't normally do this sort of thing.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Erik Everhard said:

Have they tweeted this?

The more I think about it, it makes me think would it not be better for the club if fans didn't buy it. Either you need 1500 or over or hardly any at all. I hope the crowds improve but if fans pay the going rate every week we might be better off.

This just doesn't make sense. If the board thought we'd sell the 1700 needed they couldn't have been more wrong.

Massive gamble by them and they don't normally do this sort of thing.

Yes,they put it on Twitter 

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, LeedsShaymen said:

If we are fighting at the top of the league we will get 2500 minimum as we did a few years ago, and if we're playing a team that brings a decent following that could be over 3000 again as it was the years we were winning the league's.

no chance

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, LeedsShaymen said:

If we are fighting at the top of the league we will get 2500 minimum as we did a few years ago, and if we're playing a team that brings a decent following that could be over 3000 again as it was the years we were winning the league's.

It wasn't the figure/'s you quoted. 

I can remember 3000 against Lancaster.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Erik Everhard said:

It wasn't the figure/'s you quoted. 

I can remember 3000 against Lancaster.

I think we got around 4,000 when we played FCUM at home, could easily get that or more again this season if we're both near the top of the league.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, riccardo259 said:

I think we got around 4,000 when we played FCUM at home, could easily get that or more again this season if we're both near the top of the league.

The odd game will attract a decent crowd. As JMC says, if we're challenging come the end of the season I can see 2000 average (with the odd large crowds bolstering the figure.)

Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, riccardo259 said:

I think we got around 4,000 when we played FCUM at home, could easily get that or more again this season if we're both near the top of the league.

could potentially be a mid week game as the scheduled date for this is also an FA Cup qualifying round date if both or either of us get to that stage.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I know there have been a few tweets but I'm a bit surprised the club haven't got anything on the website about this deal ending in 3 days time, they appear to have given up on getting any more sales since the 'appeal'. Must be worth a bit of heavy advertising for a last push to try and increase numbers, either that or extend it into August.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, greygoose said:

I know there have been a few tweets but I'm a bit surprised the club haven't got anything on the website about this deal ending in 3 days time, they appear to have given up on getting any more sales since the 'appeal'. Must be worth a bit of heavy advertising for a last push to try and increase numbers, either that or extend it into August.

 

it's on Twitter

Link to post
Share on other sites

adverts have been in the Courier, billboards around the town, along with tweets, emails to the mailing list on a regular basis, coffee morning etc etc. Not sure what else the club are supposed to do. In previous years it's just been one announcement about prices and that's it.

Link to post
Share on other sites

 

3 minutes ago, steve lumb said:

adverts have been in the Courier, billboards around the town, along with tweets, emails to the mailing list on a regular basis, coffee morning etc etc. Not sure what else the club are supposed to do. In previous years it's just been one announcement about prices and that's it.

But not a thing on the website, and very little anywhere recently since the 'what more can we do' appeal the other week apart from a few tweets.

The club are clearly disappointed with sales, all I'm saying is I thought they might give it one last push on the 'free' media available to them, the website being the main one. I agree that they hit it hard to begin with but you get the sense they have thrown in the towel since the appeal, when was the last update on numbers?

The season isn't far away and a bigger deal needs to be made that time is running out, most people will have just received their pay packets and/or returning from Holiday so theres no harm in trying push it a bit.

Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, greygoose said:

 

But not a thing on the website, and very little anywhere recently since the 'what more can we do' appeal the other week apart from a few tweets.

The club are clearly disappointed with sales, all I'm saying is I thought they might give it one last push on the 'free' media available to them, the website being the main one. I agree that they hit it hard to begin with but you get the sense they have thrown in the towel since the appeal, when was the last update on numbers?

The season isn't far away and a bigger deal needs to be made that time is running out, most people will have just received their pay packets and/or returning from Holiday so theres no harm in trying push it a bit.

 

55 minutes ago, greygoose said:

 

But not a thing on the website, and very little anywhere recently since the 'what more can we do' appeal the other week apart from a few tweets.

The club are clearly disappointed with sales, all I'm saying is I thought they might give it one last push on the 'free' media available to them, the website being the main one. I agree that they hit it hard to begin with but you get the sense they have thrown in the towel since the appeal, when was the last update on numbers?

The season isn't far away and a bigger deal needs to be made that time is running out, most people will have just received their pay packets and/or returning from Holiday so theres no harm in trying push it a bit.

Problem now is people with kids are going away on Holidays and money towards holidays is there main concern the club need to get there act together quicker next close season offers need to be made at the start of May and not June but you have to give the Club 10/10 for effort.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.


×
×
  • Create New...