Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Richmond96

Premier League votes remain - Bollocks

7 hours ago, chrisbo61 said:

Fair point and I see where you're coming from, I don't like seeing my parties faults but the shift towards the centre ground has alienated a lot of traditional labour voters.

I don't think it''s so much a shift towards the centre ground that''s the problem mate. Just some of the attitudes within.

33 minutes ago, riccardo259 said:

I don't see how the the living wage can be more than the minimum wage. Living wage is supposed to be the minimum amount you can be paid and still live on; how can you justify paying someone less than that?

I think what they are getting at here is that in actual fact minimum wage is bare bones survival whereas living wage you can actually eat.

14 minutes ago, chrisbo61 said:

I think what they are getting at here is that in actual fact minimum wage is bare bones survival whereas living wage you can actually eat.

Depends on your age as well. I think it only kicks in when you're 25 (living wage.)

To throw another question out there, who do we want as our next PM? I'd like to see Teresa May. Boris will probably get it.

Feel sorry for Cameron as I think he did well. One of if not the best PM''s in my lifetime.

41 minutes ago, Erik Everhard said:

Feel sorry for Cameron as I think he did well. One of if not the best PM''s in my lifetime.

are you only 6 years old then?

Didn't like Thatcher Blair turned out to be a huge liar and a failure in the long run. Major had an affair with Edwina Currie so that rules him out.

Cameron my favourite PM so far. He was liberal and compared to his predecessor''s was pretty much as central as you will get. Decent PM in difficult circumstances was David Cameron. IMO 

3 hours ago, Erik Everhard said:

Depends on your age as well. I think it only kicks in when you're 25 (living wage.)

To throw another question out there, who do we want as our next PM? I'd like to see Teresa May. Boris will probably get it.

If Boris gets it i am begging my ex for forgiveness and pledging my allegiance to Norway.

1 hour ago, noelm1979 said:

If Boris gets it i am begging my ex for forgiveness and pledging my allegiance to Norway.

Not TNV? I'de take my chances with Boris.

11 hours ago, Erik Everhard said:

Didn't like Thatcher Blair turned out to be a huge liar and a failure in the long run. Major had an affair with Edwina Currie so that rules him out.

Cameron my favourite PM so far. He was liberal and compared to his predecessor''s was pretty much as central as you will get. Decent PM in difficult circumstances was David Cameron. IMO 

I agree 100%. The worst thing about this is that it has brought down a decent man and an excellent PM.

I hope Gove, Boris and Farage are happy. As for Jezza his pathetic refusal to share a platform with Cameron has cost the country and will cost him his job.

Self determination is the right for any nation, The British have voted in a democratic election and won just that. The fact that Cameron brought this referendum on himself, thinking the vote would be remain shows how out of touch these politicians are, he also lost in every TV debate, good riddance. 

14 minutes ago, Shaytrev said:

Self determination is the right for any nation, The British have voted in a democratic election and won just that. The fact that Cameron brought this referendum on himself, thinking the vote would be remain shows how out of touch these politicians are, he also lost in every TV debate, good riddance. 

There were aspects of the leave campaign that I liked but I thought it was hell of a gamble and that''s why I couldn't decide and didn't vote.

Mark Carney said that the Bank of England had contingency plans in place in case we left. 

Let's hope there''s not too much damage to try and repair and that EVERYBODY pulls together to sort things out and that politicians and the like don't watch things fail just prove a political point.

16 hours ago, noelm1979 said:

So if fruit pickers are paid the national living wage but the jobs can only be fulfilled by overseas labour in areas with high unemployment then this shows that something is fundamentally flawed with the attitude of the British. And it is not that they are xenophobic just that they are a workaphobic generation raised where something for nothing has been made acceptable by consecutive red and blue governments. And whilst many EU citizens came to work hard, recent years have seen an increase in migrants claiming the same candy whilst sitting on their arse. The remain campaig was led by a politician who has let it happen and has not shown enough welfare reform to suggest it would have significantly changed had he continued to lead us into an ever expanding Union.

Fair point although I do take issue with the welfare and immigrants point you make, it is on record that immigrants make a net contribution to the country as a whole. This country was built on immigration ! Who built the railways,canals roads? The Irish immigrants.

1 hour ago, chrisbo61 said:

Fair point although I do take issue with the welfare and immigrants point you make, it is on record that immigrants make a net contribution to the country as a whole. This country was built on immigration ! Who built the railways,canals roads? The Irish immigrants.

So they're to blame for the floods down Calder Valley? I hope they lose against France now.:lol:

Some people don't like immigrants, whichever continent they come from. I think or would hope that most people that bring immigration up would question the amount rather than the people coming in. When you look at who had the largest percentage of leave vote's it was Boston, who have the largest % of eastern European migrants in the country. The two things are obviously linked. If you live in a large city you don't notice the levels as much. Some areas will normally house different migrants from different places.

Towns on the other hand are different and when you have high levels if migration in can change the towns completely.

When this is the case I can understand. For me it''s the levels that have been the problem. If we could halve it and maybe put a limit on it we can cope and we would have voted to stay in. The European laws and legislation thing I don't buy so much. I'be never really felt that Europe control me or the things I do. I know politicians from Brexit will say that this infringes on this and that but I'be never directly felt it does

I really hope that all parties can come together now and work hard to sort out the economy and get the trade deals sorted. I've been told of people who work abroad djing and the like who have had dates cancelled because of us leaving the EU. Scary times ahead to start with. I just hope this is something that we will not all regret/suffer the consequences.

For the final time i have nothing against immigration per se. We do however live in a country where net migration figures are rising on a far more upward trajectory to the slight decline in unemployment. The EU would have hindered that further as it seeks to expand the Union further. Romania were allowed entry despite their poor credit rating and high unemployment, senior figures in Brussels are trying to fast track Turkey's entry for unfathomable reasons. I read a comment by a senior Italian politician dismayed that young people struggling to find work in their home country will find it hard to move here. 

People being concerned by Britain being the easy option for all failing EU countries in an era of cuts after cuts does not make them racist or xenophobic. Want to point the blame look towards those politicians that have run this country doen several blind alleys. Politicians that moan we are lacking skills in certain sectors but don't put the resources into learning these skills, instead our educated get lumbered with debt. It is now time that the government looked to making learning and making a living off a skilled trade an inviting prospect to school leavers again. 

Completely with you on the training front! Immigration is a non issue as has been proven many times, it has a net vslue to the economy. People harp on about them coming here and sending money home? Bit like us in the seventies and eighties working in Germany and Saudi sending our wages back the Mrs at home. Double standards.

8 hours ago, chrisbo61 said:

Completely with you on the training front! Immigration is a non issue as has been proven many times, it has a net vslue to the economy. People harp on about them coming here and sending money home? Bit like us in the seventies and eighties working in Germany and Saudi sending our wages back the Mrs at home. Double standards.

I agree with British working abroad. A valid point. Skilled people some of whom we're regarded as some of the best in the world in some fields, I might add and some we're there under slightly different circumstances.

Volume is the key word for me. The amount of migration. If we knew that the amount would have fallen in say five to ten years time then OK.  The problem is/was we don't/didn't know. We do benefit from migration financially and in other ways too. It does/will effect infrastructure in the future though.

When you look at the world's population and the projected figures for this century more African and Asian people will have to move to Europe. No doubt about it. Countries in Africa are developing and some economies will take over ours fairly soon. 

So when you think about it, we need to see more migration within the continent of Africa first and then to parts of Europe and North America etc, rather than so much from Europe to us.

That''s without even mentioning Asia.

The world that some of the Leave campaign/voters want isn't here anymore/now and it definitely won't be there in the future. In the future we will have to pool our resources and cooperate like never before so the sooner we can start the better.

I hope that our government think about the future in this way and not just in terms of trade.

Erik mate you put a very good point however strip it down and you still are frightened of foreign people! For gods sake man get a grip.

2 minutes ago, chrisbo61 said:

Erik mate you put a very good point however strip it down and you still are frightened of foreign people! For gods sake man get a grip.

You've misunderstood my point, mate. If we're going to have migration then surely it should be made up of more people that need a better life rather than someone who is working for £120 a week where they come from and wants £220. 

9 minutes ago, Erik Everhard said:

You've misunderstood my point, mate. If we're going to have migration then surely it should be made up of more people that need a better life rather than someone who is working for £120 a week where they come from and wants £220. 

Ok yes get you forgive me, barbecue and quite a lot of beer! Was going to be a celebration but it's been a consideration party. Hey ho !

13 minutes ago, chrisbo61 said:

Ok yes get you forgive me, barbecue and quite a lot of beer! Was going to be a celebration but it's been a consideration party. Hey ho !

No worries. More scared of some of my own people to be honest mate. Not foreigners.