Jump to content

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Richmond96

Premier League votes remain - Bollocks

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, chrisbo61 said:

Mm we'll see won't we! 

Maybe. I think there is a deep polarisation in the country and the vote has reflected this.

On the positive side it should give opportunities to young English players as a lot of the EU players won't pass the work permit test. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, chrisbo61 said:

In another footballing analogy, this country just scored an own goal.

I tried to bring it back to football.

I agree with you by the way but I am happy to be proved wrong.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Norm said:

I tried to bring it back to football.

I agree with you by the way but I am happy to be proved wrong.

Sadly I don't think you will be, the pounds arse has fallen of and that nice Mr farage is already back peddling on his referendum manifesto pledges. Sad really to see this country being flushed because people are afraid of foreigners.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm not so sure it's just that. A vast majority of the working class feel disenfranchised and let down by labour in particular the Islington elite who they see as more concerned with encouring refugees to come to the UK rather than looking after the interests of it traditional heartland. The pound falling won't be a problem it will be good for export. .... oh silly me we don't make anything now do we. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A real kick in the goolies for the establishment and those deluded enough to cower in fear before it 

Rejoice on this famous day, Rejoice!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Cool, by Cameron resigning we've just brought about the most divisive,self serving right wing govt ever! You think austerity is having an effect now? Just wait till the Tory cut back shitstorm really kicks in.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, chrisbo61 said:

Cool, by Cameron resigning we've just brought about the most divisive,self serving right wing govt ever! You think austerity is having an effect now? Just wait till the Tory cut back shitstorm really kicks in.

Loser, be in silence, nobody is now interested in what Losers have to say, this is a day for the Victorious .

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm really happy for you trev,it must be great to be so well off you don't have to worry about how your life will be changed with what will surely be more cuts to the welfare system that supports the needy and less well off, the eu funding of council services, regeneration of city centres etc not to mention the subsidies the farmers etc receive. I just hope it all turns out ok for you and youve plenty in the bank so when you are I'll you can pay for treatment in the newly privatised NHS.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, chrisbo61 said:

I'm really happy for you trev,it must be great to be so well off you don't have to worry about how your life will be changed with what will surely be more cuts to the welfare system that supports the needy and less well off, the eu funding of council services, regeneration of city centres etc not to mention the subsidies the farmers etc receive. I just hope it all turns out ok for you and youve plenty in the bank so when you are I'll you can pay for treatment in the newly privatised NHS.

EU funding?  Britain funded the EU, I travelled to Leyburn through the Dales yesterday, all farm entrances I passed had LEAVE posters on them, the NHS is collapsing under the weight of immigrants pouring over open borders, your arguments have been rejected by the people, you lost. Good bye. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, chrisbo61 said:

Sadly I don't think you will be, the pounds arse has fallen of and that nice Mr farage is already back peddling on his referendum manifesto pledges. Sad really to see this country being flushed because people are afraid of foreigners.

Company in South Yorkshire, an ex mining community, advertised 350 new jobs in warehousing. Not one of the jobs was advertised locally (they we're all advertised abroad.) The company already employs lots of people from Poland. When interviewed the Polish workers there couldn't believe this and said it was wrong. What about the local people they said.

I'm not anti Polish (although the taxi driver I spoke to last was - I just nodded and agreed but I'm not in any way anti Polish.) and I like the fact that we have Polish and other European people in our country. We have to remember people that already live here as well and if anything comes of this decision to leave I would hope that we put an end to practices of this nature and implement employment laws which stipulate that ALL jobs must be advertised here and that a qoata of non British people can come to work here.

European people that come to work here bring a wealth of skills and talent. In the main they are hard workers. I'm glad we have some oft them here. Along with this, you have to balance it out with looking after people who already live here. We speak about community on both left and right but more often than not what some really mean is I'm alright jack.

This decision won't effect people that have been here for donkeys years and I'm glad. I'd like to see them stay and carry on here. Looking into the future there might just be a little light at the end of the tunnel for some school leavers and people who have lost their jobs to have a have a future and rebuild their lives.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Erik Everhard said:

Company in South Yorkshire, an ex mining community, advertised 350 new jobs in warehousing. Not one of the jobs was advertised locally (they we're all advertised abroad.) The company already employs lots of people from Poland. When interviewed the Polish workers there couldn't believe this and said it was wrong. What about the local people they said.

I'm not anti Polish (although the taxi driver I spoke to last was - I just nodded and agreed but I'm not in any way anti Polish.) and I like the fact that we have Polish and other European people in our country. We have to remember people that already live here as well and if anything comes of this decision to leave I would hope that we put an end to practices of this nature and implement employment laws which stipulate that ALL jobs must be advertised here and that a qoata of non British people can come to work here.

European people that come to work here bring a wealth of skills and talent. In the main they are hard workers. I'm glad we have some oft them here. Along with this, you have to balance it out with looking after people who already live here. We speak about community on both left and right but more often than not what some really mean is I'm alright jack.

This decision won't effect people that have been here for donkeys years and I'm glad. I'd like to see them stay and carry on here. Looking into the future there might just be a little light at the end of the tunnel for some school leavers and people who have lost their jobs to have a have a future and rebuild their lives.

That company is breaking the law,they should be reported.all vacancies must be advertised and available for all. Who told you that? Maybe they had an agenda!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, chrisbo61 said:

That company is breaking the law,they should be reported.all vacancies must be advertised and available for all. Who told you that? Maybe they had an agenda!

It was on the local news mate. The vacancies we're temp to perm through agencies etc. It was reported in the papers as well.

it''s things like this that have helped to sway this vote. There are lots of things I'm worried about after leaving the EU but then there are things I'm hopeful for as well.

John Mann is one of the only Labour MP''s (Tom Watson has also recently recognised this as well) to acknowledge that they should be looking after working class people better and involve them in their plans. I used to always vote Labour in the past mate but then they lost sight of people in my community on some levels and they lost my vote.

They might get it back now if they learn from their mistakes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Fair point and I see where you're coming from, I don't like seeing my parties faults but the shift towards the centre ground has alienated a lot of traditional labour voters.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, chrisbo61 said:

Fair point and I see where you're coming from, I don't like seeing my parties faults but the shift towards the centre ground has alienated a lot of traditional labour voters.

Spot on, it has. The lady from Rochdale that Brown called a bigot. I'll never forget that. I know it''s just one incident bit it really struck home what the likes of Brown and Blair thought about people like her and me.

I worked for a company that used a lot of agency staff. I never, ever discriminated against anyone when looking for agency staff and in the long term, new employees. I was responsible for giving full time employment to people from Iraq and Poland and part time work to people from all over the world. At the same time, I used staff from the surrounding areas as well.

Honest hard working people is what we we're looking for and people with potential. 

I used 2 agencies. One would supply people from anywhere, but mostly from the surrounding areas and the other was almost exclusively Polish. This was back in the early 2000''s.  There was nothing in place to stop an agency from under cutting another which is what the exclusively Polish agency did and also nothing there to stop them from only taking on Polish/eastern Europe staff.

As long as they we're here legally, they we're OK.  As an employee of a company I had to work within a cetain framework and I was professional and didn't let politics cloud my judgement.

In my personnel life I didn't think it wasn't fair. Too many companies take advantage of agency staff when they could actually offer full time vacancies, is the first thing. Secondly, in my opinion, too many vacancies we're advertised abroad by agencies when local people could have taken the positions.

I met and worked with some really nice hard working honest Polish people and I'm glad I met them. In turn I gave them work and I think most of them are still here.

What we need now is a balance. A limit and maybe skills match for non British workers coming into the country. I don't want to see an end to people coming in and the points system idea doesn't float my boat. A balance and maybe a future for some local people that might just get a look in now that they didn't wouldn't have had before.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Erik Everhard said:

Spot on, it has. The lady from Rochdale that Brown called a bigot. I'll never forget that. I know it''s just one incident bit it really struck home what the likes of Brown and Blair thought about people like her and me.

I worked for a company that used a lot of agency staff. I never, ever discriminated against anyone when looking for agency staff and in the long term, new employees. I was responsible for giving full time employment to people from Iraq and Poland and part time work to people from all over the world. At the same time, I used staff from the surrounding areas as well.

Honest hard working people is what we we're looking for and people with potential. 

I used 2 agencies. One would supply people from anywhere, but mostly from the surrounding areas and the other was almost exclusively Polish. This was back in the early 2000''s.  There was nothing in place to stop an agency from under cutting another which is what the exclusively Polish agency did and also nothing there to stop them from only taking on Polish/eastern Europe staff.

As long as they we're here legally, they we're OK.  As an employee of a company I had to work within a cetain framework and I was professional and didn't let politics cloud my judgement.

In my personnel life I didn't think it wasn't fair. Too many companies take advantage of agency staff when they could actually offer full time vacancies, is the first thing. Secondly, in my opinion, too many vacancies we're advertised abroad by agencies when local people could have taken the positions.

I met and worked with some really nice hard working honest Polish people and I'm glad I met them. In turn I gave them work and I think most of them are still here.

What we need now is a balance. A limit and maybe skills match for non British workers coming into the country. I don't want to see an end to people coming in and the points system idea doesn't float my boat. A balance and maybe a future for some local people that might just get a look in now that they didn't wouldn't have had before.

Agree in the broad part but still feel that if local population don't apply for the jobs then fair play to any one that does.a case in point being the fruit pickers of Cambridgeshire, all of which come from abroad ,yet the locals stay on the dole because they feel the work is beneath them! It's not a British disease though,go to France and I don't think you'll find many French grape pickers!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, chrisbo61 said:

Agree in the broad part but still feel that if local population don't apply for the jobs then fair play to any one that does.a case in point being the fruit pickers of Cambridgeshire, all of which come from abroad ,yet the locals stay on the dole because they feel the work is beneath them! It's not a British disease though,go to France and I don't think you'll find many French grape pickers!

Spot on again mate. The key thing is giving them the choice./chance.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, chrisbo61 said:

Agree in the broad part but still feel that if local population don't apply for the jobs then fair play to any one that does.a case in point being the fruit pickers of Cambridgeshire, all of which come from abroad ,yet the locals stay on the dole because they feel the work is beneath them! It's not a British disease though,go to France and I don't think you'll find many French grape pickers!

Companies should be forced to pay the national living wage for such work. Then if the local unemployed are not willing to work hard for mimimum wage then the benefits have to be cut. It is the benefits gravy train that has in part brought about this referendum result. A gravy train that no British government, including those you were backing to keep us shackled to the EU have ever had the balls to reign in.

Too many companies have taken the easy option to employ agency staff because they can get away with it. 

Staying in the EU just because we have raised a generation depending on the welfare state was only ever going to continue to stretch this country to the maximum. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, noelm1979 said:

Companies should be forced to pay the national living wage for such work. Then if the local unemployed are not willing to work hard for mimimum wage then the benefits have to be cut. It is the benefits gravy train that has in part brought about this referendum result. A gravy train that no British government, including those you were backing to keep us shackled to the EU have ever had the balls to reign in.

Too many companies have taken the easy option to employ agency staff because they can get away with it. 

Staying in the EU just because we have raised a generation depending on the welfare state was only ever going to continue to stretch this country to the maximum. 

They all still have to pay the minimum wage.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Plus I actually don't get the shackled to the eu thing! I see a great trading partner, sensible regulations to protect consumers and very positive funding for hundreds of projects all over the country including social services, schools the arts etc I really see this result as a massive own goal.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So if fruit pickers are paid the national living wage but the jobs can only be fulfilled by overseas labour in areas with high unemployment then this shows that something is fundamentally flawed with the attitude of the British. And it is not that they are xenophobic just that they are a workaphobic generation raised where something for nothing has been made acceptable by consecutive red and blue governments. And whilst many EU citizens came to work hard, recent years have seen an increase in migrants claiming the same candy whilst sitting on their arse. The remain campaig was led by a politician who has let it happen and has not shown enough welfare reform to suggest it would have significantly changed had he continued to lead us into an ever expanding Union.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, chrisbo61 said:

Agree in the broad part but still feel that if local population don't apply for the jobs then fair play to any one that does.a case in point being the fruit pickers of Cambridgeshire, all of which come from abroad ,yet the locals stay on the dole because they feel the work is beneath them! It's not a British disease though,go to France and I don't think you'll find many French grape pickers!

Text box stuck again.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, noelm1979 said:

So if fruit pickers are paid the national living wage but the jobs can only be fulfilled by overseas labour in areas with high unemployment then this shows that something is fundamentally flawed with the attitude of the British. And it is not that they are xenophobic just that they are a workaphobic generation raised where something for nothing has been made acceptable by consecutive red and blue governments. And whilst many EU citizens came to work hard, recent years have seen an increase in migrants claiming the same candy whilst sitting on their arse. The remain campaig was led by a politician who has let it happen and has not shown enough welfare reform to suggest it would have significantly changed had he continued to lead us into an ever expanding Union.

 

You are right in some respects Noel M, but not everyone is like that. Important to make that point. I've seen both sides - hard working British people who are out of work and who are desperate to find work and then the opposite.

Not having a go at you but the media have tarred everyone with the same brush. Which isn't fair

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, chrisbo61 said:

They all still have to pay the minimum wage.

I don't see how the the living wage can be more than the minimum wage. Living wage is supposed to be the minimum amount you can be paid and still live on; how can you justify paying someone less than that?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

×
×
  • Create New...