Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Richmond96

Premier League votes remain - Bollocks

Premier League backs Remain! Well I think all the other leagues vote Leave. Stuff the Premier League and their Millionaire Footballers. I'll watch my football down the Shay thank you very much. 

4 minutes ago, Richmond96 said:

Premier League backs Remain! Well I think all the other leagues vote Leave. Stuff the Premier League and their Millionaire Footballers. I'll watch my football down the Shay thank you very much. 

Theres a lot of contention about which clubs have actually said this. Apparantly Crystal Palace aren't happy about David Cameron speaking for them.

29 minutes ago, chrisbo61 said:

Or the fact only a deluded cockwomble would think leaving was a good idea.

I didn't bother registering because I didn't know or couldn't decide. Diidn't see the point of registering to say I don't know. Don't know if it makes me half cockwomble or not.

On the subject of which I think it''s a fantastic term and with your permition I would like to use it in the future.

Yours Arfer Cockwomble

29 minutes ago, chrisbo61 said:

Or the fact only a deluded cockwomble would think leaving was a good idea.

Think you may find a large portion of the voting public may turn out to be delusional, not particularly interested in what the Premier League think.

7 hours ago, Roy Race said:

Think you may find a large portion of the voting public may turn out to be delusional, not particularly interested in what the Premier League think.

Their loss then!

11 hours ago, chrisbo61 said:

Their loss then!

Their loss then!

Or gain, great thing about a democracy, you are allowed to be delusional.

3 hours ago, Roy Race said:

Or gain, great thing about a democracy, you are allowed to be delusional.

Don't know how old you are but personally I feel a lot of people are totally ignorant of what the eu actually do and are hung up about this peceived immigration problem, which is such a non issue in the great scheme of things, I'm voting to stay based on the funding for urban regeneration,the arts,filling the gap for local councils that this govt don't cover,the list is endless ,the fact there has been peace among the member states for nigh on 70 years ,these things are important to me and therefore I want my children,grandchilren to have that same security. A lot of people mention the perceived undemocratic nature of the eu, which is based on ignorance of how the various systems work,in actual fact the eu is more democratic than the UK, ok?

1 hour ago, chrisbo61 said:

Don't know how old you are but personally I feel a lot of people are totally ignorant of what the eu actually do and are hung up about this peceived immigration problem, which is such a non issue in the great scheme of things, I'm voting to stay based on the funding for urban regeneration,the arts,filling the gap for local councils that this govt don't cover,the list is endless ,the fact there has been peace among the member states for nigh on 70 years ,these things are important to me and therefore I want my children,grandchilren to have that same security. A lot of people mention the perceived undemocratic nature of the eu, which is based on ignorance of how the various systems work,in actual fact the eu is more democratic than the UK, ok?

How it works is we send them money and they decide to spend a small part of it on the things you mention, and fools think they are getting money from the EU. I'll spell it out the money is ours that we are getting back.

FIFA worked in a similar fashion by chucking money into buying supporters who thought how wonderful they are giving us our money.

The Government will still waste the same (or greater) volume of money without the help of the EU (trade agreements cost a lot of money when you're negotiating them on your lonesome)

If you're lucky enough to work, get up do your job, keep your head down, look after your family and enjoy life best you can. 

That''s my advice to anyone. If you don't want that, then get involved in politics.

I don't really bother. There are things I agree with and things I don't. Most of the things I don't, don't usually affect me directly.

It''s a big world with billions of people on it. I have thoughts on things but I don't have the right to force my views on anyone. I like this country but I fear for it and in some ways it''s just not the same anymore.

When Jo Cox was murdered I was shocked and appalled like everyone else. I then thought there was a time when this would have been so out of the norm (which it is still in some ways) it would have stayed in the concious of most people for a long time. The world; and this country has changed so much now that it doesn't last that long and you move onto the next trajedy and the next.

After a while you become almost numb to events like this. Whether it''s a great teacher with decades of brilliant service to her pupils being stabbed to death in class. An ex minor being beaten to death in his home for his life savings or a young kid being murdered by his parents, these are the issues that everyone should be focusing on because they're happening every week these days. There was a time when events of this nature we're rare. You had a genuine outpouring of public empathy and the general public we're united in their genuine shock and outrage.

The odds on anything like this happening are still high but as a society we seem to have lost something. I can't quite put my finger on what it is and to be honest it''s probably a collection of things but I feel rather than bicker and use such events to kick around as a political football we should be trying to fix things that are broken in society and bring people together for the common good. 

There are lots of things that have improved since I was young but some things really are way out of control.

Staying or leaving the EU has no bearing on such matters, but the things I've mentioned above will always be more important.

1 minute ago, Jmc said:

Please please stop your posting 

Whats''s wrong with wanting to concentrate on more important things in society?

The amount of money wasted in this referendum could go towards actually making a difference in society. 

I feel that''s a better use of time and money.

9 hours ago, dj funky said:

Wow I must be so ignorant or you talk a load of crapzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

You hit the nail on the head there,but I wouldn't say you were ignorant,just I'll informed and deluded.

8 hours ago, Riders of Rohan said:

How it works is we send them money and they decide to spend a small part of it on the things you mention, and fools think they are getting money from the EU. I'll spell it out the money is ours that we are getting back.

FIFA worked in a similar fashion by chucking money into buying supporters who thought how wonderful they are giving us our money.

Err wrong, think of it this way what we pay as a member is like buying a season ticket! You put your money in and the club spends it how it sees fit. It's not rocket science.

7 hours ago, Jmc said:

Please please stop your posting 

What's the matter? Can't your narrow little mind take any information than ukip propaganda leaflets.

1 hour ago, chrisbo61 said:

What's the matter? Can't your narrow little mind take any information than ukip propaganda leaflets.

It's nice to see you understand democracy. People are free to vote for whoever, and whatever they want. Luckily I have been working abroad during the week for the past 6 months so have managed to miss most of it, but the entire thing has been almost embarrassing to be a part of. People aren't "wrong" for being on the other side of a debate to someone else. They aren't necessarily (although they could be) ignorant or stupid for having a different viewpoint. 

It's a democracy - let's see what the outcome of the vote is, and everyone can just get on with it from there. No doubt though, whatever the result is we will have to hear everyone who supported the losing side of the debate going on about how unfair it is and how it's not the right decision, completely misunderstanding the point of democracy (a bit like when Labour didn't win the last election, and the majority of Labour supporters I knew just didn't seem to be able to understand how more people had voted for Conservatives, hence actually they didn't hold the most numerous opinion).

It's embarrassing to see people labelled as narrow-minded, or racist, simply for holding a different view to someone else.

Old enough not to require a lesson in world politics & economics thank you.

14 minutes ago, greg45 said:

It's nice to see you understand democracy. People are free to vote for whoever, and whatever they want. Luckily I have been working abroad during the week for the past 6 months so have managed to miss most of it, but the entire thing has been almost embarrassing to be a part of. People aren't "wrong" for being on the other side of a debate to someone else. They aren't necessarily (although they could be) ignorant or stupid for having a different viewpoint. 

It's a democracy - let's see what the outcome of the vote is, and everyone can just get on with it from there. No doubt though, whatever the result is we will have to hear everyone who supported the losing side of the debate going on about how unfair it is and how it's not the right decision, completely misunderstanding the point of democracy (a bit like when Labour didn't win the last election, and the majority of Labour supporters I knew just didn't seem to be able to understand how more people had voted for Conservatives, hence actually they didn't hold the most numerous opinion).

It's embarrassing to see people labelled as narrow-minded, or racist, simply for holding a different view to someone else.

Even though they are narrow minded racists!

1 minute ago, Roy Race said:

Old enough not to require a lesson in world politics & economics thank you.

Age doesn't mean you are clever! In fact some of the oldest people I know are deluded racists!