Macca

PRS

22 hours ago, PRS said:

Macca is an ok fullback, not bad going forward, not bad defensively, good athletically, not a good deliverer of lay off ball, not universally welcomed when he first joined for alleged off the ball challenges.

All of a sudden he appears to have achieved god like status : Macca for Captain , Macca the loyal, Macca the fans favourite what next Macca for president ?

I believe Macca is a good Conference fullback, which is at present the limit to which he has been tested and I am pleased that he is staying with us but guys please remember that false idols often end up in pieces.

Whoops! Did he read that before kick off? Biggest howler since the "Jamie Vardy is overrated" thread a few hours before his seven minute hat trick against Chasetown!

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, away_day_blues said:

The Guardian reporting cruciate ligament damage for Macca. Massive blow. Also say Harvey decision tomorrow:

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2016/may/22/fc-halifax-town-grimsby-town-fa-trophy-final-match-report?CMP=share_btn_tw

Believe Harvey said it might possibly be. Think it was his ankle but difficult to tell from the other end. Went down with nobody around, ala Michael Owen, but walking round with a boot off indicates ankle more than knee. Looked to be struggling on crutches but was moving a lot better once up the steps. Having said that, Dale Johnson and Peniket's injuries were both seemingly innocuous at the time. 

When he hit that shot I was watching thinking 'that's going well over the bar' and thought it had done until at least a few seconds until after it hit the back of the net before the reality sunk in... Incredible goal :)

1 hour ago, riccardo259 said:

When he hit that shot I was watching thinking 'that's going well over the bar' and thought it had done until at least a few seconds until after it hit the back of the net before the reality sunk in... Incredible goal :)

Exact same thought, was getting ready to catch it

On 21/05/2016, 20:37:51, PRS said:

Macca is an ok fullback, not bad going forward, not bad defensively, good athletically, not a good deliverer of lay off ball, not universally welcomed when he first joined for alleged off the ball challenges.

All of a sudden he appears to have achieved god like status : Macca for Captain , Macca the loyal, Macca the fans favourite what next Macca for president ?

I believe Macca is a good Conference fullback, which is at present the limit to which he has been tested and I am pleased that he is staying with us but guys please remember that false idols often end up in pieces.

PRS = Posting Right Sh!te, how dare you say that about Sir Scot McManus of Halifax.

41 minutes ago, born to moan said:

PRS = Posting Right Sh!te, how dare you say that about Sir Scot McManus of Halifax.

Legend or not he was still a mainstay in the team which was relegated from the national league, however in his mitigation he bloody gave it his all and if some of the other team had the same desire as Macca we wouldn't have been in that mess

6 hours ago, Bish said:

Legend or not he was still a mainstay in the team which was relegated from the national league, however in his mitigation he bloody gave it his all and if some of the other team had the same desire as Macca we wouldn't have been in that mess

I  think that if we hadn't had comical we wouldn't have been in the mess.

The players demonstrated under Harvey that they are probably a mid table conference side.

Archived