Jump to content

Macca


PRS

Recommended Posts

Macca is an ok fullback, not bad going forward, not bad defensively, good athletically, not a good deliverer of lay off ball, not universally welcomed when he first joined for alleged off the ball challenges.

All of a sudden he appears to have achieved god like status : Macca for Captain , Macca the loyal, Macca the fans favourite what next Macca for president ?

I believe Macca is a good Conference fullback, which is at present the limit to which he has been tested and I am pleased that he is staying with us but guys please remember that false idols often end up in pieces.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Aren't you a bundle of joy, and just a few hours before cup final day!

Not going to comment on the alleged incidents before he joined us, but I feel since he has been with us he has been nothing but 100% committed, 100% professional and a positive role model and figure around the club. We are talking nearly 6 years now - a long time for modern day footballers - and if feels like we have seen him grow up and mature with us.

Macca is the sort of player this club should be proud of. I'm delighted he is staying and I hope he will be captain next season. This team needs passion, it needs players that care and it needs an identity. That is 3 strong things Macca brings to the table as well as being a solid player and a nice chap to throw into the deal too.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, PRS said:

Macca is an ok fullback, not bad going forward, not bad defensively, good athletically, not a good deliverer of lay off ball, not universally welcomed when he first joined for alleged off the ball challenges.

All of a sudden he appears to have achieved god like status : Macca for Captain , Macca the loyal, Macca the fans favourite what next Macca for president ?

I believe Macca is a good Conference fullback, which is at present the limit to which he has been tested and I am pleased that he is staying with us but guys please remember that false idols often end up in pieces.

Fans normally get carried away about how good or bad a player is.

I believe he could have left once over but decided to stay. Not much loyalty from players in football today. 

I was thinking tonight about what a good set of players Aspin had at his disposal both ability and attitude. The vast majority seemed to love playing for FCHT.

Link to post
Share on other sites

whilst it does seem his popularity has surged on the main due to rocking up at the pub after being relegated, I think his recognition has come long overdue, a player who has given as much to this club as any other since reformation and fully earns his place as a club icon alongside the likes of Deano, Vardy, Gregory, Lowe and Baker, aside from a spell early on this season where the whole team was shite he has been excellent his whole time with us, player of the season by a mile in his first season, got some awards for his performances this season too with excellent consistency all the years in between and looked on a one man mission to win that final game of the season from left back

Link to post
Share on other sites

It's not people getting carried away, Macca has earned all the plaudits. Apart from being our longest serving player he has shown himself almost to be like us fans, I'm sure he didn't go to the pub after the Macclesfield game just to gain popularity, he's made himself a fan favourite because people feel they can relate to him. He's shown he cares about the club and that is someone you want to set an example to the other players.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, G-H said:

It's not people getting carried away, Macca has earned all the plaudits. Apart from being our longest serving player he has shown himself almost to be like us fans, I'm sure he didn't go to the pub after the Macclesfield game just to gain popularity, he's made himself a fan favourite because people feel they can relate to him. He's shown he cares about the club and that is someone you want to set an example to the other players.

Fair comment. 11 like him against Macclesfield and you'd be looking forward to York away next season.

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, G-H said:

 I'm sure he didn't go to the pub after the Macclesfield game just to gain popularity, .

Didn't mean to imply that if thats how it came across, just think thats where a lot of his popularity has come from even if it is long overdue

Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't think he went to the pub for people to like him, and it hadn't ever come across that way. I think he genuinely wanted to say sorry. But that's why the same people are suddenly thinking he should be captain. I like Macca and think he should be club captain, but he doesn't do enough talking to be main captain 

Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, samfcht said:

Didn't mean to imply that if thats how it came across, just think thats where a lot of his popularity has come from even if it is long overdue

I'd already wrote that while your reply came through which I didn't read until I'd finished writing and submitting mine :lol: I agree.

He just genuinely cares and while I can understand people saying he might not be captain material we need his love for the club to rub off on others. Having him around in whatever capacity can only be a good thing IMO.

Link to post
Share on other sites

His body language at times may give off the wrong impression, but he is up with the early legends of the new club. Most appearances and has a fantastic level of consistancy. Talking to him on Wednesday evening the lad cares about the club and fans, not sure how many of the others do. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, AFC Halifax said:

His body language at times may give off the wrong impression, but he is up with the early legends of the new club. Most appearances and has a fantastic level of consistancy. Talking to him on Wednesday evening the lad cares about the club and fans, not sure how many of the others do. 

in the banqueting suite after the last game Macca was visibly the most upset of the players, looked how I felt!

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, themanwhowasntthere said:

I really don't think you could say they didn't give it a real go in the last few games.

Which makes the utter abject performance at Kiddy even more infuriating.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.


×
×
  • Create New...