Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ewalsh

Transfers

4 hours ago, away_day_blues said:

Simon Ainge to Harrogate Town.

Not joining in with everyone else crying over Altrincham's second XI being snapped up before we could pounce, but I'd really love having Aingey back.

18 hours ago, greygoose said:

I doubt it he lost his job because of most of them were hopeless Burrow perhaps? Bolton? 

Wouldn't trust him with my last penny after this season's fiasco.Anybody who plays Danny Hattersley on the wing is simply clueless. .

11 minutes ago, ashy1966 said:

Wouldn't trust him with my last penny after this season's fiasco.Anybody who plays Danny Hattersley on the wing is simply clueless. .

and boden, gregory, dean, tuton etc they all had to have a stint out on the wing. But the wingers in the squads barring Adam smith would be sat on the bench.

I see barnsley have signed that dover player wonder if he will be infront of Tuton.

13 minutes ago, fchtnico1 said:

I see barnsley have signed that dover player wonder if he will be infront of Tuton.

and Yiadom from Barnet - strange buying all these lower league players when they might be in the championship next season 

4 minutes ago, Wilder Bollox said:

Playing Vardy out wide helped make him the player he is today .

and people tend to ignore the fact Tuton played out wide in a number of games under Harvey too

1 hour ago, samfcht said:

and people tend to ignore the fact Tuton played out wide in a number of games under Harvey too

He did yes.How effective was he though when played down the middle?

54 minutes ago, ashy1966 said:

Vardy was also played wide by Micky Mellon. 

2 hours ago, ashy1966 said:

extremely, but I think that can also apply to the games he played wide over the christmas period

Did Aspin utilise him to the maximum he could? No, but this wasn't due to playing him on the wing it was due to not allowing him to run in behind the defence as Harvey did from a similar position

Another good signing for them. Be a force to be reckoned with next season. 

Be interesting to know what sort of budget they operate with, as they must be paying wages beyond their means. Hope he does well but it's a shame it's at a club and ground like that. The worst place ever to watch a game of football. 

Stockport have signed their former left back Scott Duxbury, another player from Northwich. Not sure about anyone else but i feel there isn't anything to fear from other teams (so far) Let's hope it stays that way.

2 minutes ago, AJS said:

Stockport have signed their former left back Scott Duxbury, another player from Northwich. Not sure about anyone else but i feel there isn't anything to fear from other teams (so far) Let's hope it stays that way.

At least this pretty season won'the be hampered and we should have some decent friendlies lined up and be able to keep a check on their fitness levels.

On ‎18‎/‎05‎/‎2016‎ ‎10‎:‎48‎:‎37, Jmc said:

Wonder who's negotiating with the players ! Assume that Harvey will be gone next week otherwise the board would have announced his permanent appointment.  Just hope this 3 week hiatus doesn't come back to bite us in the arse 

not like the BOD to go into lockdown

18 minutes ago, vinnyweknuts said:

not like the BOD to go into lockdown

yawn......

Do you really think nothing is happening at the moment?

Stockport sign Danny Lloyd, winger from Fylde who scored 15 goals last year despite not starting regularly.

Wrexham sign Jordan White, a striker who scored 31 goals last year for Livingston

Ive seen that Brighton have released Bobby Zamora today. It's one for the rumour account on twitter to pinch but I wouldn't be surprised if he ended up at Eastleigh. It's a wild stab in the dark and I'm only saying it due to money and location. It might suit him.

Leeds today released Mirco antenucci although he's expected to go back to Italy and Scott wootton who will likely go to somewhere like Barnsley lol

aside from them though, maybe some of the youngsters released might be worth a trial at halifax

eric grimes - rep Ireland youth international goalkeeper

ross killock - was at town briefly on loan and plays centreback

jake Skelton - also a centreback

Tom lyman - midfielder 

robbie mcdaid - n.ireland youth international striker

lewis Walters - got onto Leeds bench a few times with Neil redfearn in charge but under rosler and Evans hasnt made the 18 in any match this season just gone, he is a striker

luke Parkin - got released slightly earlier than the rest, he also plays striker and lives in halifax

The above might be worth a trial with a view to signing them, all young enough to learn and improve and maybe in years to come they might become a good investment

Personally I am not too confident if we should be putting so much into looking at kids for next season. Part of the reason we failed this season is down to having too many inexperienced and young players at the start of the season in my opinion. It's good to have a few prospects and some up and coming players, but its very easy to fall into the trap them of having no experience, being too lightweight and no leadership.

First thing we should be doing is getting a couple of lads in who have been there done that with these leagues. A couple of old hat bruisers who wont go hiding when the going gets tough and wont be afraid to do the ugly stuff if needs be. A big target lad, a quick nippy player to play off him, assuming Hamza goes then an experienced big commanding centre half and an experienced, but not approaching 40 year old Keeper to boot.