Jump to content

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ewalsh

Transfers

Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, SteveM said:

Or unless they have release clauses in their contracts 

I never want to see the words 'release clause' again after what's gone on in the vardy thread :P

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Benfcht said:

I never want to see the words 'release clause' again after what's gone on in the vardy thread :P

Thought he was being scarcastic/playful,release clauses at this level,surely not.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, eddies mate said:

Thought he was being scarcastic/playful,release clauses at this level,surely not.

Just read the courier article about Vardy and it says that it''s rumoured to be a 20% sell on that Fleetwood will receive, if he goes. So that''s £4m. So we might get just over £1m. With a possible sale of Greg's we should be looking at over £1.5m. That will be more money than The Shaymen have ever had. I would have liked to see Vardy stay Leicester but not now. That sort of money could be the difference for our club. Get back up and go full time, then have a real go at football league.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Benfcht said:

I never want to see the words 'release clause' again after what's gone on in the vardy thread :P

What about minimum release clause?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Coatskir Shed said:

What about minimum release clause?

For us it will be more like Santa Clause

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Erik Everhard said:

Just read the courier article about Vardy and it says that it''s rumoured to be a 20% sell on that Fleetwood will receive, if he goes. So that''s £4m. So we might get just over £1m. With a possible sale of Greg's we should be looking at over £1.5m. That will be more money than The Shaymen have ever had. I would have liked to see Vardy stay Leicester but not now. That sort of money could be the difference for our club. Get back up and go full time, then have a real go at football league.

That courier article has probably been written based on reading this forum for an hour plus a nosy on soccer rumours forum.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, noelm1979 said:

That courier article has probably been written based on reading this forum for an hour plus a nosy on soccer runoutlrs forum.

How dare you question the journalistic integrity of the courier. They are always (in) correct.

:P

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, AJS said:

Sean Williams has signed for Telford

Seems to have been around the block a fair bit since leaving us. Real shame because he looked a player when we had him. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, ewalsh said:

Seems to have been around the block a fair bit since leaving us. Real shame because he looked a player when we had him. 

looked very good in CN but was a little bit off the pace when we went up into the National.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've just been told that the club are in the process of making one or two signings today, apparently there's going to be a few more signing that will be announced next week aswell

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, The shaymen said:

I've just been told that the club are in the process of making one or two signings today, apparently there's going to be a few more signing that will be announced next week aswell

Hope so, I'm getting really impatient waiting for signings. Be great to announce them in the next few days or even tonight if true. It might even persuade people to buy season tickets sooner which in return gives the club more money to help with running costs or make more signings.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, AJS said:

Hope so, I'm getting really impatient waiting for signings. Be great to announce them in the next few days or even tonight if true. It might even persuade people to buy season tickets sooner which in return gives the club more money to help with running costs or make more signings.

Don't think it's too much of a rush for signings. Provided Heath gets his targets then I don't mind if it's before the first friendly we hear who they are. I would like to know where we are heading pre-season though, club haven't even announced the Buxton game yet. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, ewalsh said:

Don't think it's too much of a rush for signings. Provided Heath gets his targets then I don't mind if it's before the first friendly we hear who they are. I would like to know where we are heading pre-season though, club haven't even announced the Buxton game yet. 

Stating the obvious mate. Everyone knows when the Buxton game is.

Forgot to add the :P

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Joe Maguire (who I am sure some said should have been signed from Ilkeston a while ago) has left Nuneaton to join Boston.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, mj85 said:

Joe Maguire (who I am sure some said should have been signed from Ilkeston a while ago) has left Nuneaton to join Boston.

Interesting you say that as he followed us on Twitter last night and I was wondering if it meant anything. As I mentioned somewhere Boston always seem to replace players well. They'll definitely be near the top in my opinion especially if they get Fairhurst fit.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, AJS said:

Interesting you say that as he followed us on Twitter last night and I was wondering if it meant anything. As I mentioned somewhere Boston always seem to replace players well. They'll definitely be near the top in my opinion especially if they get Fairhurst fit.

 

 

Cannot see them getting Fairhurst fit.

fatty.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Shaytrev said:

 

 

Cannot see them getting Fairhurst fit.

fatty.jpg

Judging by that picture he's already shed a few pounds 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, AJS said:

Interesting you say that as he followed us on Twitter last night and I was wondering if it meant anything. As I mentioned somewhere Boston always seem to replace players well. They'll definitely be near the top in my opinion especially if they get Fairhurst fit.

Personally don't think Maguire is a patch on Piergianni. Reasonable defender, but Piergianni was one of, if not the best in the league last season.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, mj85 said:

Personally don't think Maguire is a patch on Piergianni. Reasonable defender, but Piergianni was one of, if not the best in the league last season.

The times that I've seen Maguire he seems to lose concentration for parts of the game

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

×
×
  • Create New...