Gateshead match thread

PeterPan

Good luck town!

Welcome back Mr Aspin you gave us back our football team for which I will always be grateful and (after today) I wish you every success with Gateshead you deserve it. 

Lets hope we can put another Grimsby type performance and get back on track... 

COME ON SHAYMEN! 

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

What's the difference we had no game midweek anyway.  The draw continues to open up for us. How many times in over 100 years has a chance to go to Wembley has a chance like this opened up We

Good job your not in charge 

2 free headers from about 6-8 yards out and a shot from a pull back from similar distance. None hit the target. While Burrow isn't a Gregory or Vardy, I'd have backed him to at least test the kee

38 minutes ago, PeterPan said:

Good luck town!

Welcome back Mr Aspin you gave us back our football team for which I will always be grateful and (after today) I wish you every success with Gateshead you deserve it. 

Lets hope we can put another Grimsby type performance and get back on track... 

COME ON SHAYMEN! 

Seconded.

20 minutes ago, FortressShay said:

Boreham Wood 3-0 up..

Yes, not good indeed. The (very slight) positive is that with that result Southport are still catchable, but we could really do with Boreham Wood's recent upturn in form coming to an abrupt and permanent end...

was interesting to see an Aspin team from the opposing side today. 1st half hour it was just how he played with Halifax though the number 19 isolated upfront (in the gregory role) trying to hold everything up with Hamilton outside trying to be the outlet. Was surprised how defensive the Gateshead side appeared to be though but again that Curtis was superb. Very hard to break down but didn't offer too much upfront.

as for the shaymen played well in parts and thought they were slightly the better team MacDonald put a couple of good crosses in and the back four/five were excellent. Burrow didn't offer anything when came on but McDonald looked lovely

we were better team but didn't really create anything clear cut to gain the victory, Gateshead never looked to have any intention of gaining anything but a replay

bit surprised at our shape thought we'd have to change from the back 5 in K.Robs absence but Hibbs played as a wing back for much of the game, expected a 4-3-3/4-5-1 with the personel selected

2 minutes ago, shaymandownsouff said:

Want to avoid Grimsby in the draw

Getting to Wembley (all touch wood etc.) to play Nantwich or Bognor Regis would be a dreadful anti climax.

don't think it would at all to be honest, I want Nantwich or Bognor in the semi (preferably Nantwich for a more local tie) as it would represent a better chance of getting to Wembley but I think once your there it doesn't matter in the slightest who you'll play on the day

Halifax showed the after effects of a midweek battle on a horrible pitch. Too often second to the loose ball particularly in first half. Better in second half but decision making was poor in final third. Best chances fell to Peniket. Gateshead had there chances. Referee was another inept bottleless wimp! No way their captain should have been on the pitch. However McDonald should have worked it more. After the second foul he stopped and was rightly subbed. He needs to get an edge to him he seems very timid.

Wednesday's game will be better because Roberts is back and he will push both James and Wroe forward. Bencherif was class today with a flawless display.

Gateshead will be a different prospect on Wednesday. They will use their pace and macca and Bolton will need to be on top of their game. However the game should open up more which should work to our advantage. I think if things aren't going well Harvey will need to throw Burrow on with Peniket.

Very much on a knife edge could go either way.

Archived