Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PeterPan

Vardy!

Interesting to note he's now only 4 games off equalling van nistelrooy for scoring in consecutive matches. Vardy on 6 needs to reach 10 to equal that. It'll be difficult but I wouldn't put it past him. 

Always nice for those who have him in there dream team too

Really impressed with Vardy.....hopefully breaking the mold where the likes of Welbeck who offer nothing keep getting the token England caps.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/34611895

Ian Wright believes Vardy can come good for England in Euro 2016.   Compares him to Salvatore Schillaci.  Good shout IMO.

faster than Theo Walcott...finishes better than Theo Walcott......Vardy is the best English striker we have

faster than Theo Walcott...finishes better than Theo Walcott......Vardy is the best English striker we have

Theo has improved this year, but yes Vardy is currently the man in form. What he has more than any other striker is a desire to work his bollox off, and a whole host of aggression and that scares defenders even world class ones.

Theo has improved this year, but yes Vardy is currently the man in form. What he has more than any other striker is a desire to work his bollox off, and a whole host of aggression and that scares defenders even world class ones.

True.... shows what happens when you aren't massively overpaid (within reason) like the rest of them! He is still hungry to earn more and more!

True.... shows what happens when you aren't massively overpaid (within reason) like the rest of them! He is still hungry to earn more and more!

If you watch the you tube video of his goals with us you will soon realise his style of play is basically the same now, but credit to Leicester City for not trying to turn him into something he isn't. I do fear Roy Hodgson has him in the squad for his workrate on the left hand side, that will not see the best of Vardy. Like Leicester have reailzed Vardy needs to be playing on the last line of defenders and scaring the life out of them. 

If you watch the you tube video of his goals with us you will soon realise his style of play is basically the same now, but credit to Leicester City for not trying to turn him into something he isn't. I do fear Roy Hodgson has him in the squad for his workrate on the left hand side, that will not see the best of Vardy. Like Leicester have reailzed Vardy needs to be playing on the last line of defenders and scaring the life out of them. 

hear hear!

I'm sorry but there's no way Vardy would have given the Bayern defence problems like Theo did.

Easy to say that when he hasn't the chance to prove it. I'd like to see what he could do for England up top on the counter. Not sure Roy dare play him against better opposition though.

Easy to say that when he hasn't the chance to prove it. I'd like to see what he could do for England up top on the counter. Not sure Roy dare play him against better opposition though.

Plenty forward starting choices against top opposition failed in the past, if it does there is an option to move him wide or substitute him for one of the prima donnas.

Premier League leading goalscorer or not Vards will not get a start against better opposition there are too many well established forwards and rising stars from top clubs not unfashionable Leicester City. The best Vards can hope for is a squad place with maybe a bit part if England are well in front with a few minutes left.

Done fantastically well to achieve what he has but in all honesty the fact he's in the England squad really shows up what a poor state the national game is in right now, the current striking options are the worst for over 30 years IMO.

I really hope he proves me wrong but i cant see him doing much on the international stage tbh and think its a step too far for him but right now he certainly deserves his place.

Sadly Hodgson will never play Vardy down the middle for England, not unless there's a massive injury crisis anyway.

Roy is neither brave nor adventurous enough to start Vardy there ahead of Rooney, Sturridge or Kane. The best he can hope for is to get a chance on the left, where everyone knows he's wasted but Roy will see him as a workhorse who'll do the graveyard shift out there.

What exactly has kane done though really he had a good season last year but hes been dire this and towards the end of last season. He's basically done what vardy is doing now and now he's considered a regular so if he is why should vardy?

I'm sorry but if vardy gets overlooked for the euros if he keeps this form up and welbeck gets picked I'd be sticking 2 fingers up to Roy and the national team as it's basically saying form means nothing if your not playing for the top 4 or the big clubs your not getting in for the big games. 

He's in on merit and he should be up front because he is the best option right now   

Linked with Spurs this morning 

I wonder how much he is valued at now , makes me feel a bit sick only getting 150k for him , but nobody could have predicted he would be premier league top scorer and an England international, shame he is 29 a few years younger and a few more big clubs would be sniffing around him.

Leicester have said that he's not available at any price earlier in the week though. But we all know money talks if you have enough of it.

I wonder how much he is valued at now , makes me feel a bit sick only getting 150k for him , but nobody could have predicted he would be premier league top scorer and an England international, shame he is 29 a few years younger and a few more big clubs would be sniffing around him.

he is the sort of signing Liverpool or Spurs would usually make after one prolific season but at his age as you mention I can see Leicester pricing him out of a move, they won't want to pay that much for a 29 year old and he is worth too much for Leicester to let him go on the cheap, don't forget as well as the 150k we got about 300k as a sell on, you can't expect much more for a player who played for us at Evostik level!