Darren Kelly

Steve Lanzarote

• Replies 266
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Seems his Uncle was killed on Bloody Sunday, which is very sad. He called Martin Mcguinnes a legend on Twitter, he says, for his part in the peace process and signing a photo for his Mum. He says he

The lad made a comment years ago, he has explained the comment. He is not an IRA supporter, he is a football coach and by all accounts a highly qualified one, he has been given the opportunity to turn

Martin McGuinnes, you tweeted the photo of you with my mum that she's been going on about all week #legend Martin McGuinnes, you tweeted the photo of you with my mum that she's been going on about al

Posted Images

The lad made a comment years ago, he has explained the comment. He is not an IRA supporter, he is a football coach and by all accounts a highly qualified one, he has been given the opportunity to turn this team around along with a well respected and successful assistant. I have been told he is a really nice, honest and genuine bloke and plays quick and sharp football, he has a very modern approach to the game, with Jim Harvey offering the "old school" type experience. The club is in need of new ideas and let's hope Darren can give it the boost it needs. One thing is for sure he needs the support of the fans from the off, some people may not be excited by the appointment and some may think it is the wrong appointment, but he has been given the job so the least we can do as fans of the club is welcome him and his No.2 and offer our full support 

The lad made a comment years ago, he has explained the comment. He is not an IRA supporter, he is a football coach and by all accounts a highly qualified one, he has been given the opportunity to turn this team around along with a well respected and successful assistant. I have been told he is a really nice, honest and genuine bloke and plays quick and sharp football, he has a very modern approach to the game, with Jim Harvey offering the "old school" type experience. The club is in need of new ideas and let's hope Darren can give it the boost it needs. One thing is for sure he needs the support of the fans from the off, some people may not be excited by the appointment and some may think it is the wrong appointment, but he has been given the job so the least we can do as fans of the club is welcome him and his No.2 and offer our full support 

At last someone talking sense. Lets give them a chance.

Wrong decision by the BOD!!! A massive mistake..........The IRA targetted our Town. Totally agree with Hoddie....I may struggle to watch MY TEAM with Kelly as manager - I am not the only one by reading Non League forums and this one.... This is why Oldham sacked him.

I cannot believe some of the crap being put on this message board.  If the appointment of Kelly means that you will not go down the shay and support the boys then as far as i am concerned you can so support some other team.  Hoddie and your supporters you really are pathetic.

Harvey joined forces with Kelly at Oldham in the summer.

If anything I'd be curious as to how much Harvey complied with the Vaughan board at Chester City during his few months there just before their demise. He's got the pedigree, but that makes me wonder slightly.

Harvey went back to Chester in an advisory role when he left Stalybridge  so don't think if he had any involvement with the Vaughans he'd have been welcome

I cannot believe some of the crap being put on this message board.  If the appointment of Kelly means that you will not go down the shay and support the boys then as far as i am concerned you can so support some other team.  Hoddie and your supporters you really are pathetic.

Osama bin Laden #legend

Oldham fans turned on him immediately after discovering pro IRA statements on his Twitter account ! 

You're f*cking kidding me? Does DB know about this. What the feck is the world coming to? You've got the shadow chancellor that said members of the IRA deserve medals and now you've got our new manager saying he supports them.

I can understand him saying he believes in a united Irish Republic, but supporting them! Time for him to meet some of their many victims families and then see if he still supports them.

DB get him out of our club. now.

1) He explained the comment? No, he justified it.
2) He is not an IRA supporter? Perhaps not, though you cannot know that, what we know is he made a very public show of support for one of the IRA's/Provisional IRA's most high-ranking members.

The rest is irrelevant. Saddam Hussein #legend

Martin McGuinnes, you tweeted the photo of you with my mum that she's been going on about all week #legend

Martin McGuinnes, you tweeted the photo of you with my mum that she's been going on about all week #i support everything you've done in the past and the murder of innocent people.

You're right, the two are pretty identical.

Are there any Labour supporters amongst the Kelly naysayers, if so can they also come out against their leader, very similar comments from a very experienced politician who could one day be P.M. as against a naive comment from a one time footballer!!!!!

Martin McGuinnes, you tweeted the photo of you with my mum that she's been going on about all week #legend

Martin McGuinnes, you tweeted the photo of you with my mum that she's been going on about all week #i support everything you've done in the past and the murder of innocent people.

You're right, the two are pretty identical.

Osama bin Laden, you tweeted the photo of you with my mum that she's been going on about all week #legend

Osama bin Laden, you tweeted the photo of you with my mum that she's been going on about all week #I make no comment on your organisation of attacks against innocent Brits

Wow, you're right. Calling Osama bin Laden a legend for tweeting a photo completely ignores the fact that he's a murderous shitbag.

Are there any Labour supporters amongst the Kelly naysayers, if so can they also come out against their leader, very similar comments from a very experienced politician who could one day be P.M. as against a naive comment from a one time footballer!!!!!

Corbyn will never be Prime Minister. He's already lost the next election by suggesting that Argentina should jointly rule the Falkland Islands.

Corbyn will never be Prime Minister. He's already lost the next election by suggesting that Argentina should jointly rule the Falkland Islands.

and his Trident stance is absolutely shocking

Osama bin Laden, you tweeted the photo of you with my mum that she's been going on about all week #legend

Osama bin Laden, you tweeted the photo of you with my mum that she's been going on about all week #I make no comment on your organisation of attacks against innocent Brits

Wow, you're right. Calling Osama bin Laden a legend for tweeting a photo completely ignores the fact that he's a murderous shitbag.

Was it stupid? Yes

Was it wrong? Yes

Does it make him an IRA sympathiser? No

Should it stop him from ever managing a football club again? No

He was wrong to do it, but he wasn't endorsing the IRA. If he did something similar while employed by us then there'd be a case for looking at whether he should continue in the job, but I'm truly stunned by the massive overreaction to a stupid tweet he made. I doubt very much he thought "I'll tweet this to the former IRA man Martin McGuinnes", more than he thought "I'll tweet this to the Deputy First Minister of my country Martin McGuinnes".

Was it stupid? Yes

Was it wrong? Yes

He was wrong to do it, but he wasn't endorsing the IRA. If he did something similar while employed by us then there'd be a case for looking at whether he should continue in the job, but I'm truly stunned by the massive overreaction to a stupid tweet he made. I doubt very much he thought "I'll tweet this to the former IRA man Martin McGuinnes", more than he thought "I'll tweet this to the Deputy First Minister of my country Martin McGuinnes".

Completely agree with this.

Was it stupid? Yes

Was it wrong? Yes

In what way would it be different if he did it now he's employed by Town?

The fact that McGuinness is a politician doesn't forgive his past. He did what he did. For all we know he may have been the one to authorise the IRA bomb that was planted in Halifax.

Good appointments imo, always liked Harveys' footballing style and he will compliment a young up and coming manager well and should be a good foil for Kelly.

Having seen Kelly at Welling I guessed he was in th frame for the job.

In what way would it be different if he did it now he's employed by Town?

The fact that McGuinness is a politician doesn't forgive his past. He did what he did. For all we know he may have been the one to authorise the IRA bomb that was planted in Halifax.

McGuiness is what he is now, a mainstream politician dealt with by politicians of every persuasion colour and hue, not to mention royalty, I am not particularly comfortable with it but have to accept it as time moves on. We have a manager who made an error in judgement but who's uncle was killed in a not very nice episode of British history, It's now a fact & I doubt it will be a decision reversed therefore I will now judge him on football matters.

FC Halifax Town is in England, part of the British Aisles. To support/be in the IRA means that you hate the British, which in turn means that you are against FC Halifax Town, does it not? This is what I could never understand about some Town fans that are in the IRA. A bit of a conflict of interest.

Archived