Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Shaytrev

Warned by Bubba

So, Bubba sends me a warning for a particular post, now removed.

Strange that as he was one of the two up votes the post received.

I have reluctantly acknowledged the post which was nothing compared to many on here.

Explain that one Bubba.

Threads like these are the reason it's against the rules to discuss moderator actions.

All warnings should be public so everyone see who is warned or not.. not criticising warnings just think they should be public knowledge

The only reason you want this is to see if everyone is treated with parity. Sadly that's never going to be the case no matter how hard we might try, and this is made explicitly clear in the community rules, so making warnings public will result in a lot of ill feeling and numerous threads like this with people whining about being warned.

I reported shaytrevs post. having received a warning last week, myself.  i was advised to use the report function where i thought a line was crossed, rather than respond directly.  that's what i did. if you think shaytrevs comment is acceptable we clearly have different standards.:shh:

I would say some people need to grow some balls but that might be deemed inappropriate in light of the offending post :shh: :lol:

Having read the forum for many years without seeing fit to contribute until recently, my view is that the only thing some people need to grow is UP.

I was once given some invaluable advice from my late gran - if you can't say anything good, don't say anything. There are many regular contributors that could heed the same advice.

So you up voted a post. Sent a warning to the poster under instruction from Hoddie then accidently removed the post?

I've just read this post, I didn't tell Bubba to do anything. He has a new master these days :D