Bubba

• Replies 642
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

OO OO LO OK AT ME IM IN THE KN OW

Hold on a minute, Rotherham are languishing near the foot of the table yet he is a bloody good manager? Yet we were/are languishing at the foot of our league and in your opinion Neil Aspin was the wor

Club shops barely make money at this level? Who gives a chuff, if it makes any more then it needs to be invested in at this level in fairness. Its also not just about the money. I remember as a kid

Posted Images

Me too but wait till the new manager is announced this site will crash and 2000 fans will hit the shay Saturday welcoming the new man on the block,the sun will be shining and the fans will go home happy bunnies after we come back from two goals down and snatch three goals in the last ten mins,oh joy.

I have money on Craig Harrison taking over.   As he was last in Wales they need time to transfer him as an overseas signing.  Which is why it seems to be taking forever to sign.

new appointment might be an international manager, but he's not coming from Wales 

I'd love to know what the non-playing staff do all week. Sure, I understand there are wages to sort out and other clerical responsibilities surrounding player registrations, fixtures and all that jazz, and I'm sure all that takes up plenty hours in the week, but I can't honestly see there being a full-time position's worth of it. I'm reasonably sure that the match-day programme and other marketing material is prepared off-site, and there's a whole media team to do the website and videos, and I'm struggling to see what's left. I know Bubba has some experience of what they do in the office so maybe he'll chime in, but if anyone else knows I'd love to hear it. I guess what I'm getting at is, would it kill them to blow up a few action shots, arrange for them to be framed and then hung in the bar? As above, it's not an absolute priority, but putting stuff like this off for 7-8 years is a bit much imo. Why are things like this always pushed to the side and left for the supporters to do themselves?

The admin side of the football club is a never ending process of paperwork, phone calls, emails, etc including many menial tasks but vital to the day to day running of the club. I dont actually know the staffing levels 'behind the scenes' except for the new club secretary Mike Sharman.

When I worked there I was the only full time member of staff. There was Arthur who was part time and did the purchase ledging and banking, etc. Then there was Richard (chief exec) and Christine Groves (admin) who were classed as part time but Richard only had Saturday's (when no game or away), Sunday's and one day off during the week whilst Christine was in fairly regularly. Finally, there was Katie who managed the club shop.

I would list out everything that needs doing (by all staff) but I wouldnt know where to start or finish. There are things such as dealing with players contracts and arranging travel and overnight accommodation for away games to smaller jobs such as ensuring the kit gets picked up by the launderette to ordering fruit. It is not easy to comprehend what goes on both during the week and on a matchday but its an extremely busy workplace. But thoroughly enjoyable of course :D

There is always more that can be done however and thats when the volunteers come in handy but obviously the club never utilises them fully.

anyone who thinks things would be any different under these 2 clowns should remember the final paragraph in animal farm: Twelve voices were shouting in anger, and they were all alike. No question, now, what had happened to the faces of the pigs. The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.

Archived