Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Bubba

New manager

God knows. Id be tempted to say Billy Barr or another guy with strong Shay history/links but then again I would not want it to go wrong and have somebody like Barr being turned on by the modern day FCHT fan.

Whoever it is has a thankless and almost impossible task. Basically deliver us top 5 football on a shoe string with no training facilities season in season out or we will hound you out as soon as you dare to have a sticky few results and lose half your squad to the Football League.

If were currently performing inconsistemtly but with a few wins under our belt in mid table. Neil would still be in a job if we sitting in mid table with 13points. Sure there would be the usual clueless moaning idiots wanting him out but that wouldn't have swayed the board. But when you have loyal thoughtful fans questioning his stay along with your associate director retweeting criticism they were over a barrell. The stats over the last 7 or 8 months have shown that Neil has not achieved the best out of what he has at his disposal. Failing to beat bottom of the table Kidderminster with a gangling striker (that we allegedly paid 16k for) on the wing, followed by some baffling 2nd half tactics on Tuesday were the final nails in the coffin.

Can't imagine for a second that Redfearn would want to go from managing in the Championship and doing well, to a struggling Conference side. That's before you even consider his likely wage demands.

Now is the correct time for discussing a replacement manager.

Do we want;

i) A young lad with no managerial experience looking to cut their teeth in football management;
ii) A young, up and coming manager from the lower leagues;
iii) An experienced manager from the lower leagues;
iV) A former highish profiled player looking to cut their teeth in football management;
v) Someone who has been out of the game for a while but looking to make a return to management;
vi) None of the above.

Probably options 2 or 3. Ex professionals from higher up tend to not have a clue about dealing with lower budgets and part time players. We need somebody with a few years experience of conference football and the contacts that you would assume would come with that. Not sure who within the club has got contacts at Sheff Utd but lets hope it wasn'rt Neil or Lee otherwise the three young Blades will soon be likely follwoing him out of the door.

Now is the correct time for discussing a replacement manager.

Do we want;

i) A young lad with no managerial experience looking to cut their teeth in football management;
ii) A young, up and coming manager from the lower leagues;
iii) An experienced manager from the lower leagues;
iV) A former highish profiled player looking to cut their teeth in football management;
v) Someone who has been out of the game for a while but looking to make a return to management;
vi) None of the above.

Graham Westley :D

The new manager won't be on much more than £40 000 a year. Redfearn wouldn't take that IMO, for a job with no budget to sign anyone and second bottom of the league. Just can't see it.

The new manager won't be on much more than £40 000 a year. Redfearn wouldn't take that IMO, for a job with no budget to sign anyone and second bottom of the league. Just can't see it.

£40k a year? Feck me, I'll take it :D

Has anybody mentioned the obvious- knows the club,  lots of experience...... Jim Vince. you deserve him...... :shh:

My shorlist.

Mark Bower
Billy Barr
Greg Abbott
Alan Knill
Stuart Gray
Chris Hargreaves
Lee Clark
John Sheridan
Liam Daish
Colin Cooper
Graham Turner
Gary Waddock

My shorlist.

Mark Bower
Billy Barr
Greg Abbott
Alan Knill
Stuart Gray
Chris Hargreaves
Lee Clark
John Sheridan
Liam Daish
Colin Cooper
Graham Turner
Gary Waddock

No chance with Lee Clark....was managing in the championship only last season....multimillionaire.

Colin Cooper - crap for hartlepool....nearly got them relegated.......Alan Knill or Bower for me

No chance with Lee Clark....was managing in the championship only last season....multimillionaire.

Colin Cooper - crap for hartlepool....nearly got them relegated.......Alan Knill or Bower for me

Only reason Clark got on there was because I can't imagine Blackpool will have been that big payers. He'll have money but still needs to prove himself as a manager - there's only so many jobs around. It'd be a huge longshot and I don't see it myself, but you never know. Not sure whether Bower would leave Guiseley where he's very safe & secure.

Liam Daish

based in Portsmouth, struggled commuting to the midlands and won't relocate. Can't see that.

A bit left field, but what about Darren Peacock and Trevor Sinclair, currently managing at Lancaster City.  A year of recruiting players in the north west on a budget of nothing and will be keen to make the step up.  Not much experience but their names might bring a few players and a bit of interest.