New manager

Bubba

Now is the correct time for discussing a replacement manager.

Do we want;

i) A young lad with no managerial experience looking to cut their teeth in football management;
ii) A young, up and coming manager from the lower leagues;
iii) An experienced manager from the lower leagues;
iV) A former highish profiled player looking to cut their teeth in football management;
v) Someone who has been out of the game for a while but looking to make a return to management;
vi) None of the above.

• Replies 642
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

OO OO LO OK AT ME IM IN THE KN OW

Hold on a minute, Rotherham are languishing near the foot of the table yet he is a bloody good manager? Yet we were/are languishing at the foot of our league and in your opinion Neil Aspin was the wor

Club shops barely make money at this level? Who gives a chuff, if it makes any more then it needs to be invested in at this level in fairness. Its also not just about the money. I remember as a kid

Posted Images

God knows. Id be tempted to say Billy Barr or another guy with strong Shay history/links but then again I would not want it to go wrong and have somebody like Barr being turned on by the modern day FCHT fan.

Whoever it is has a thankless and almost impossible task. Basically deliver us top 5 football on a shoe string with no training facilities season in season out or we will hound you out as soon as you dare to have a sticky few results and lose half your squad to the Football League.

Bower has long been me choice to replace Aspin whenever he were to go, sadly I don't know if we could tempt him now

A possible of course. Previous links to the club and BOD and obviously done a decent job at Guiseley.

God knows. Id be tempted to say Billy Barr or another guy with strong Shay history/links but then again I would not want it to go wrong and have somebody like Barr being turned on by the modern day FCHT fan.

Whoever it is has a thankless and almost impossible task. Basically deliver us top 5 football on a shoe string with no training facilities season in season out or we will hound you out as soon as you dare to have a sticky few results and lose half your squad to the Football League.

Top 5 certainly wasn't expected this season.  But bottom of the league wasn't either.  Last season he had a good budget and a team with 4 players now plying their trade at a step or two up,  but he was unable to push them onto a very achievable play-off spot.  In fact come February he had lost the dressing room and the team was playing the worst football I have seen since 2002.  He also wasted money on Hattersley. 

It was always going to be tough to replace the players who left, but I think your hatred of the board clouds your judgement.  His summer recruitment was laughable.  Combined with some baffling, desperate tactical decisions, and an obvious inability to get the best out of the players he has, it was the right time for him to leave.  Over the last few games it really has looked like he lost the plot.

I'll always remember him for the good times though.  I really don't know who will come in, but there will be enough applicants to choose from I'm sure.

Preferably anyone who has a bit of experience at this level and has some good contacts.

Who ever the manager is his remit for the season should be simple - Just keep us up. No gimmicks or anything like that, just a simple keep us up.

Looking at the table, win on Saturday and if the results go our way we will be out of the relegation zone. If we could get that win then it sets up the new manager brilliantly.

Redfearn comes. With him will come some good young players from Leeds. If anyone has contacts its Redfearn. But at what cost would it come at appointing him? he will surely be on double/treble what Aspin was? Heads saying Redfearn or Knill. Heart is saying Horsfield or Barr

Bower has long been me choice to replace Aspin whenever he were to go, sadly I don't know if we could tempt him now

agree, that's who i wanted but not sure its an option now....

I just hope whoever we get has the ability to find the little gems like some of the current squad and the Gregory's, Vardys etc (i know its been posted on here about who found who but Aspin clearly has done great work for the club in his time)

Although i have grown frustrated at the poor performances every week i still cant help but feel a little sad at his departure.

Archived