Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

New Forum FAQ

1. View and edit your profile, view and edit the attachments you've uploaded, and change your settings.
  2. Toggle a group of forums on and off. This allows you to minimise a forum group if you're not interested in it.
  3. Mark a forum as read.
  4. Mark every forum as read.
  5. View the very latest post in the thread by clicking the date.
  6. View the first un-read post in the thread by clicking the circle or star.

KTPt4QH.png 

Not a big issue, but when posting via phone if you are wanting to start a new topic you either have to do it on the home page and select the room/area for the thread, or you have to go into the relevant area (like the Skircoat Shed) then scroll right to the bottom of the forum for the start new topic button.

Any chance the start new topic can be stuck at the top of the forum, rather than the bottom?

and I still cant quote!

Why not?

Not a big issue, but when posting via phone if you are wanting to start a new topic you either have to do it on the home page and select the room/area for the thread, or you have to go into the relevant area (like the Skircoat Shed) then scroll right to the bottom of the forum for the start new topic button.

Any chance the start new topic can be stuck at the top of the forum, rather than the bottom?

I believe this is a known problem that should be fixed in the upcoming bug patch.

I've just uploaded a small security patch, the next feature patch is scheduled for release in October. Hopefully several issues with the themes will be sorted with that, and more importantly, I'm pleased to announce that the default smileys will receive an update so they look just as good in HD :)

sounds like your Phone is a piece of sh1t :) or you're an hopeless case:lol:

Agreed :)

ha! Just found I cant use emoticons either! What a pile of shite this thing is!

I'd love to help but constantly saying "this is shit" doesn't really help me troubleshoot your issues. You still haven't replied to the other thread in the feedback/suggestions forum.

Is that what this world has come to when something is deemed '****' because a small yellow face at the end. This society has gone to the dogs.

very british problems

Are we planning to add up the number of 'likes' each poster has had at the end of the week, and then assign some sort of a rating out of 10 based on the ratio of likes to posts? I have a Norwegian friend that could help if needs be.

sorry,been on a plane,the phone I have is a Nokia Lumia 920 not rubbish at all. Ive explained about the quote issue,I press quote write my piece and reply, a black triangle appears with an exclamation mark saying this field required. That's it

sorry,been on a plane,the phone I have is a Nokia Lumia 920 not rubbish at all. Ive explained about the quote issue,I press quote write my piece and reply, a black triangle appears with an exclamation mark saying this field required. That's it

I don't have that phone so can't replicate the circumstances but it seems to be a local issue. Perhaps you need to clear your cache or something. As I asked on the other thread, is it possible for you to use another device to take screenshots of what you're seeing? I'll pass them on to Invision to investigate.

i seem to have an issue in that when quoting a post but deleting some text so that only the relevant stuff is quoted, if i make a mistake and go back and re-quote the post the old partial quote is still cached in there and i can't find an obvious way to clear this without clearing my mobile cache on chrome.

Also doesn't appear to be a delete post button on mobile anymore? 

Quick replies are auto-saved so if you refresh the page (or the refresh is done for you by your browser) and you go to the reply box or otherwise begin a reply by clicking quote, what you previously typed, including any previous quotes, will appear. You can delete any reply you don't want quickly by doing [Ctrl]+[A] then [Del].

The ability to edit and delete posts has been restricted. It was never really intended for users to have open-ended access to the edit and delete functions, there are many examples where this has been abused by some users (e.g. causing a storm, hurling some particularly nasty abuse, and then editing or deleting all trace). I think there's a 10 minute grace period now, after which you'd need to contact us if you need something edited or deleted. The quickest way would be to report the post and say what you'd like doing and why.

ok fair enough though i would guess that most of those deleting posts are numb nuts like me with fat thumbs who post gibberish by mistake on their mobiles.

Anyone know why myself and others have been allocated this random display picture?

Not an issue, just wondering why

I enabled the Gravatar feature the other week in order to reduce our server's bandwidth (wasn't an issue, but every bit helps). I can only assume you've previously signed up at Gravatar and your forum account has somehow been linked to it - probably by your email address if you haven't done it manually. You can probably disable it in your forum profile.

The ability to edit and delete posts has been restricted. It was never really intended for users to have open-ended access to the edit and delete functions, there are many examples where this has been abused by some users (e.g. causing a storm, hurling some particularly nasty abuse, and then editing or deleting all trace). I think there's a 10 minute grace period now, after which you'd need to contact us if you need something edited or deleted. The quickest way would be to report the post and say what you'd like doing and why.

Is this going to be something that goes live?

Whilst I can understand the reasoning to it, it will also be problematic too.

For example, I edit the 3-2-1 results into the OP, including changing the thread title at the end. I've had no issues doing this so far, but is it something that could crop up as a potential problem in the future?

I suppose a work round could be to set it up that the OP of a thread can be edited, but then replies after that can't?