Wrexham Game

Erik Everhard

• Replies 398
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Trying to put my finger on what's wrong this season. I genuinely think that we have some good players, but that we can't build confidence due to lack of a settled team.

In 6 games we have had these different combinations at CB. Brown/Bencheriff-Hutch/Brown-Bolton/Brown, Bolton/Hutch, Bencheriff/Hutch.

That is an awful lot of messing about, at whatever level of football not having a settled CB pairing is not going to work.

I think we have had 5 different starting 11's in 6 games too-how are the players meant to know each others games, there are so many new signings that they need to gel, they won't do this with all the changes etc.

Does Aspin know his best 11? He should do by 6 games in, he should by the time the season starts, this is the problem with such weak pre season opposition.

We need a settled side.

Trying to put my finger on what's wrong this season. I genuinely think that we have some good players, but that we can't build confidence due to lack of a settled team.

In 6 games we have had these different combinations at CB. Brown/Bencheriff-Hutch/Brown-Bolton/Brown, Bolton/Hutch, Bencheriff/Hutch.

That is an awful lot of messing about, at whatever level of football not having a settled CB pairing is not going to work.

I think we have had 5 different starting 11's in 6 games too-how are the players meant to know each others games, there are so many new signings that they need to gel, they won't do this with all the changes etc.

Does Aspin know his best 11? He should do by 6 games in, he should by the time the season starts, this is the problem with such weak pre season opposition.

We need a settled side.

Sounds like a manager that does not know what he is doing. He's under pressure, panicking and making things worse. Bringing in loan players now sends out the message that what he has just signed in summer is not good enough. And what about signing Bishop then releasing him 5 games in? Its crisis stuff, regardless of the reason for him leaving

CJ Hamilton coming on for Hibbs.

Did he even touch the ball today?

Looks like we are going for the untried kids on loan route.

It didn't work the last few times we tried it, but just like our current tactics not working, we will do the same again and again.

I expected us to lose today but I also expected effort and something different and something to build on. Sadly we got served up another unacceptable 90 mins.

I can't see Aspin turning this round. If the idea is kids on loan then its time to end this farce and bring in new leadership.

Not acceptable.

Sounds like a manager that does not know what he is doing. He's under pressure, panicking and making things worse. Bringing in loan players now sends out the message that what he has just signed in summer is not good enough. And what about signing Bishop then releasing him 5 games in? Its crisis stuff, regardless of the reason for him leaving

I'm beginning to think a little like this myself. Wasn't there today would be interesting to hear what Flea has to say?

Did he even touch the ball today?

Looks like we are going for the untried kids on loan route.

It didn't work the last few times we tried it, but just like our current tactics not working, we will do the same again and again.

I expected us to lose today but I also expected effort and something different and something to build on. Sadly we got served up another unacceptable 90 mins.

I can't see Aspin turning this round. If the idea is kids on loan then its time to end this farce and bring in new leadership.

Not acceptable.

I didn't go Flea but for you to sound so disillusioned we must have been bad.

What do think about my point of all the chopping and changing ?

We need a settled side.

let the team Gel. Give Aspin time.

Home games against Barrow Kiddy and Southport coupled with a trip to FC Chip shop and a slow out of the blocks Aldershot. Enough games there to find our feet. We have faced three very tough away games in our opening fixtures. If we are still in a perilous position after that run of games then we should start to be concerned. This was never going to be an easy start.

Archived