Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Erik Everhard

Chester Game

Id rather us be a club that spend what it earns...i don't want any rich man coming along and using Halifax as his play thing...Eastleigh got very rich owner..top players on big wages...expanding ground...did that get them promoted last year??

Id rather us be a club that spend what it earns...i don't want any rich man coming along and using Halifax as his play thing...Eastleigh got very rich owner..top players on big wages...expanding ground...did that get them promoted last year??

I agree one's enough.. B)

I´ll stand in the corner................. :o  :o

I was known to stand in the corner when I was 5 years old in Play School. I absolutely hated that "prison" where I wasn't allowed to play football :angry: .......maybe that's why I turned out to be a winger :)

It just might this year..

Yes, that's my opinion and also the opinion of many in the ground who I was speaking to.  He's got bags of potential, but he did at times look like a boy playing against men.  I personally think that Tuton and Hughes should be our regular wide men, with McDonald being eased into it.  McDonald certainly could be a star player in months/years to come if he develops well.

He might be like a boy playing against men, but if he's among our best players on the field more often than not then I find your opinion very surprising to say the least......"he's not quite ready to be starting games in my opinion."

On Saturday he was in shared 4th place with James according to this forum. In pre-season he was 2nd over all, I think.....on here.

Tuesday he's @6th place according to the 3-2-1.....the last time I checked.....after 30 had voted.

He might be like a boy playing against men, but if he's among our best players on the field more often than not then I find your opinion very surprising to say the least......"he's not quite ready to be starting games in my opinion."

He's not quite ready in my opinion, which is shared by others. He has potential but he is lightweight. He does struggle with the physicality and together with the huge step up in quality (pre-season wasn't the most testing) he needs some time to develop rather than being thrown straight into the deep end.

You disagree - that's fine. I suppose he might adapt very quickly.

End.

He's not quite ready in my opinion, which is shared by others. He has potential but he is lightweight. He does struggle with the physicality and together with the huge step up in quality (pre-season wasn't the most testing) he needs some time to develop rather than being thrown straight into the deep end.

You disagree - that's fine. I suppose he might adapt very quickly.

End.

I agree he's lightweight and might struggle with the physicality, but if he's good enough (as he's shown us almost every time) he should start. Anything else doesn't really make sense in this case.

I also agree that pre-season wasn't the most testing, but still he was one of our best players. He followed that up when the season started away to Boreham Wood in the Conference National being one of our best players......according to our supporters on here.

One thing is that he needs time to develop......another thing is to write he's not ready to be starting games.....

One thing is that he needs time to develop......another thing is to write he's not ready to be starting games.....

That's my opinion, also shared by others. Sorry if you disagree.

That's my opinion, also shared by others. Sorry if you disagree.

No need to say sorry. I just find it interesting ;)

Like I've written before.....Life would've been boring if everyone agreed all the time.

It comes with age really, and he's one of the youngest-looking players I recall seeing in a Town shirt. Not only does he need a year or two to fill out, but inevitably a few days' training a week over playing amateur counties football will give him some muscle mass. Considering he's doing pretty well on a slender/lightweight build having only played a handful of games against decent opposition, he's defo a good prospect.

i thought it was a pretty good game, i was relieved to hear the final whistle, i would much rather us face yr current side than last seasons. however i get that its new faces and still tinkering etc. fully expect you to beat torquay. andy bishop is a strange signing, he may though become your saviour on the heavy winter pitches when you have to dig in and grind it out.

i thought it was a pretty good game, i was relieved to hear the final whistle, i would much rather us face yr current side than last seasons. however i get that its new faces and still tinkering etc. fully expect you to beat torquay. andy bishop is a strange signing, he may though become your saviour on the heavy winter pitches when you have to dig in and grind it out.

You showed a lot of energy but you were tiring in the last 15 minutes and some teams will capitalize upon that . We haven't found our feet yet, much like you at the start of last season