Chester Game

Erik Everhard

• Replies 447
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Realistically we were not going to be play off contenders this season so we have a little more time to gel before needing to distance ourselves from the relegation zone. No need to panic yet.

Agreed.Reaching our target is a bonus on top of our targets not the target itself. Fans expecting a play-off/promotion challenge every season under our current constraints will be disappointed. That's not to say we can't hope.

Almost ashy1966 levels of accuracy on the official messageboard being shut down there!

Went down after postings following THAT game at Ossett - which was three months AFTER I had last posted on the board!

Then again, if you spent less time stalking Town fans (like you did to Erik), or posting condesending and offensive posts then you might be better with your facts.

Pliny hasn't threatened me Flea. The stalking that I have to put up with everyday and have put up with for years is from a group of people. The problem I have is that these/or some of these people are very well connected. They will use comments that I have made on here, such as the ones on the Vardy thread and turn them round against me. There have been many threads started with this intention and there have been many usernames created and used by some Town fans, and some that aren't. Town fans at all, but have issues with me. 

There are also posters that will pretend to fall out or pretend to have a different opinion just to get a /comment/rise. This sort of thing won't stop me posting on here and I do enjoy quite a lot of the stuff posted by most people, whether I like them or not.

All those could be swapping places with us this season.

and? 4 of them are full time, they all have more support than we do- you'd generally expect them to do better than us more often than not. aspin is what you might call "the equaliser". google it.

I don't get why we took MacDonald off at HT. I thought he was our best attacking outlet in the first half and the only person who seemed to be trying to link midfield up with attack.

I'm disappointed that yet again we seem to be playing with Burrow as a loan striker too. We have Tuton who scored buckets for Buxton last season in the team, then seem to shift him out wide, just like we did with Deano years ago.

The one up front set up simply doesn't work for me. We have two cracking wingers in MacDonald and Hughes, with a further duo in Tuton and Burrow who to me look like they could form a front two strike partnership. Is it too much to ask to see 4-4-2 just once - and play players in their natural positions, instead of fannying around with a false 4-3-3 which is more like a 4-2-2-1 and isolates the front man.

So far we have had Hughes and MacDonald on the pitch together for a total of around 4 mins. Yet we have had a proven goalscorer in Tuton play two full matches out wide, running on to the ugly hoof it at someones head and expect them to hold it up football that was boring to watch and failed to get results last season.

We are now 1 win from the last 17 games played in the Conference (and that one win was against Nuneaton 9 games ago). Whilst I appreciate its early days this season it does feel a bit like we haven't learnt from last seasons mistakes.

Couldn't have written this post better myself (apart from thinking Mcdonald had a knock carried over from Borehamwood).

There are a lot who feel 4-4-2 in the modern era is redundant and further up the football pyramid it is a valid point. Full time professionals are (for the most part) there for a reason. Higher fitness and technical ability coupled with full time training allows more complex formations that are reliant on keeping the ball and pressing the opposition. At this level and at home with a wide flat pitch, it is baffling to me why we don't keep it simple get the ball out to our full backs to feed two people in front of them and get a variety of balls in to the box. I have a lot of time for Bolton and when called on defensively last night he was reliable. Too many times he popped up in the final ball and wasted possesion with a poor bal. I can forgive him for that as somebody should be doing that instead of him.

There are positives from last night and a better shot or pass here or there could have capitalised the fact we were on top. The flip of the coin is Glennon stopped it being a rout. All those who question him because of his occasional flaw should look at last night and see what experience brings.

Yes fair point - although I think the general premise stands in that it would be wrong to think anywhere near the majority of Town fans want Aspin out.

No so sure about that either. Fair few in the East Stand have had there fill of Aspin.Some of who have followed the club a long time.

Not that for a manager 1 in 17 is disgraceful! And it will soon be 1 in 19 as I can't see us beating Torquay and definitely won't beat tranny! However I could be so wrong HOPEFULLY!!

We're a better team than Torquay United.......and....we have home advantage.

Reg. Tranmere Rovers.....nothing is 100% certain in football ;)

It will be typical Halifax Town for us to go and beat Tranmere after our difficult start to the season.

Torquay is a big game on Saturday however. If we dont win that then we could start looking at the table seeing ourselves needing more than a win to get out of the relegation spots if we then lose to Tranmere.

A hell of a lot of football to play still though so no reason to panic so far.

A creative midfielder is a must! Also, just read Aspins thoughts from the courier. He says bringing off MacDonald was a tactical decision... so he could go 2 up top. Why not bring one of the 3 in midfield off and go 4-4-2 and bring Hughes on instead of Hattersley and put Tuton up top so Burrow's flick ons would actually go to someone.

As much as i haven't been overally impressed with Bishop in pre season why not bring him on earlier? What's the point in bringing him on with 2 minutes to play? I actually thought he showed a few nice touches in all honesty.

Maybe he's not mobile enough?

And personally I am glad that they are not putting their own money up as in the long run it would be unsustainable. However, this is why supporter engagement is even more vital as Chester have found.

A sentiment i fully back. I may be called deluded but i would rather spend season after season finishing mid table in the conference being run on a sustainable budget, than accelerated up the league thanks to a sugar daddy, the sides i abhore. Players managers and boards have come and gone and will continue to do so but as long as at the end of it we still have a football team called the Shaymen to delight and frustrate in equal measure then i will take that. Nearly losing the club once should mute all those calling for the board to dig in to their own pockets more and more.

Maybe he's not mobile enough?

Bishop to start on Saturday.  :)

A sentiment i fully back. I may be called deluded but i would rather spend season after season finishing mid table in the conference being run on a sustainable budget, than accelerated up the league thanks to a sugar daddy, the sides i abhore. Players managers and boards have come and gone and will continue to do so but as long as at the end of it we still have a football team called the Shaymen to delight and frustrate in equal measure tethen i will take that. Nearly losing tge club once should mute all those calling for the board to dig in to their own pockets more and more.

Precisely. Take joy in the journey as well as the destination we're all hoping for.

No so sure about that either. Fair few in the East Stand have had there fill of Aspin.Some of who have followed the club a long time.

Listening to him other week i'm surprised he's still here.This season is

going to scupper his otherwise impressive cv.He labours the points of lack of

training facilities and meagre budgets.The windfalls he's brought in should have

facilitated major improvements in these areas.He stated there is nowhere to train

when it gets dark...FFS Trinity Academy has a full size 3g pitch with floodlights,

won't the board stump up hiring that for say 4 hours a week....

training facilities and meagre budgets.The windfalls he's brought in should have

facilitated major improvements in these areas.He stated there is nowhere to train

when it gets dark...FFS Trinity Academy has a full size 3g pitch with floodlights,

So has Calderdale college where the youth team train

Clearly an exit strategy, I too saw those comments. I've always said this season is a freebie for him. Do well his stock goes up, have a poor one he can point to x/y/z as to reasons why and walk into the next job.  

When he does go the the BOD and fans who want him out will very quickly realise the state we are in under the great fake fur coat which has been starting to look somewhat shabby for the last 12 months.

The new board has done loads of things right and have been very successful on the pitch, but they haven't tried to sell the club to the local community enough and that's starting to effect things now. The fan ownership idea, I doubt would have had the same success on the field, but would have definitely have sold the club to and involved the community more. It's shame the 2 couldn't have worked together more (I know that the fault for this lies at the boards door)

The best chance we ever had to move Halifax Town forward was when we won the Conference. If the current board had taken over from John Stockwell they would have continued the good work and kept the ball rolling, but at the same time lived within the clubs means.

Reality is setting in now and Town are where the current club should be, league wise (battling out for mid table spots)

Clearly an exit strategy, I too saw those comments. I've always said this season is a freebie for him. Do well his stock goes up, have a poor one he can point to x/y/z as to reasons why and walk into the next job.

When he does go the the BOD and fans who want him out will very quickly realise the state we are in under the great fake fur coat which has been starting to look somewhat shabby for the last 12 months.

Performances were better when he was a part time manager. Since he became full time.Our performances & results have been woeful.

I didn't really see last night as a bad attendance. 1200 home supporters against our core support of 1300-1400 for a night time game in school holidays. It's only poor in the context of what we and the board would fantasise about, not when compared against the reality. I am interested to see how much the 7-12 contingent has increased for a Saturday game now with the free ST's

Archived