• Replies 447
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Glennon

Bolton             Bencherif               Hutchison           McManus

Hughes                 James              Hibbs               MacDonald

The Hat                    Burrow

Come on lord Aspin, if in doubt get a central defender in the middle of the park, I know you want to, you know you want to! Come on fall off the wagon and do it, don't stray from the way you know and what has made you a good manager even if its not popular with some people. :D

***************************Glennon************************

Bolton********Brown***********Hutch***********McManus

*****************James***********Bencherif*************

***********************Whitehouse**********************

Macdonald***********Bish/Hat/Bur***********Hughes

**PS If 0-3 down after 25 mins.............................'there will be an electrical fault'

Game on Saturday was the first time I've seen the new side (didn't see any of pre-season).

Surprised to hear some people say that Whitehouse is defensively minded - he didn't look that kind of a player to me. Also Hughes barely touched it/offered nothing when he came on, definitely didn't do enough to warrant a start on Tuesday from that showing.

Frankly, the same starting line up minus the mistakes, with the addition of a bit more get-up-and-go, should be enough to secure a win.

Got to make the most of the big Shay pitch imo.I would start with 2 wingers.MacDonald & Hughes.Back 4 of Bolton,Hutchison, Bencherif & McManus. James & Whitehouse in the middle. Bishop & Burrow up top.We might get overrun in midfield. If so we can always change it.Got to go on the offensive from the start.

Got to make the most of the big Shay pitch imo.I would start with 2 wingers.MacDonald & Hughes.Back 4 of Bolton,Hutchison, Bencherif & McManus. James & Whitehouse in the middle. Bishop & Burrow up top.We might get overrun in midfield. If so we can always change it.Got to go on the offensive from the start.

2 meters wider than Chesters pitch and 2 meters shorter

Come on lord Aspin, if in doubt get a central defender in the middle of the park, I know you want to, you know you want to! Come on fall off the wagon and do it, don't stray from the way you know and what has made you a good manager even if its not popular with some people.  :D

It's either gonna be that or he'll go for his 5 at the back that he likes.

---------------------G27---------------------

Bolts----Hutch-Hamza-Brown----Macca

-----MaccyD---James---Hibbs/WH------

-------------Burrow----Tuton--------------

Surely Brown will be on the ball for this game and will be looking to impress along with James vs their old club.

It's either gonna be that or he'll go for his 5 at the back that he likes.

-------------Burrow--Tuton-------------

Yep I agree - I think the only way you will see a traditional front two from Aspin is in a 5-3-2.

End of day all this talk about playing football and possession retention is all well and good but this is the conference, look back two years, we didn't do as well as we did by tika tacking all over the shop. It was built on being solid at the back, high tempo in the middle of the park without the ball, winning it before the opposition can hurt and getting the ball forward early or wide to Smith.

Appreciate it was ugly last season and went wrong and changes needed but to drift away from the mechanics and platform of what makes a good part time team at this level, with a whole new bunch of players is dangerous. Thankfully Aspin has signed the likes of James and Bencherif which epitomize the way he likes to see his teams play so we need to add the fancy bits to that, not the other way round. Had we done the basic and simple things properly on Saturday it sounds like we would have won - and at this level that is all it is ever about.  

We will be fine as long as we don't pretend to be something we are not.

If we don't see the typical Aspin side response after a loss, at the start of a new season, first game at home I will be worried but I firmly believe we will give Chester a right clattering tomorrow night with some classic high tempo Aspin stuff - the fans will love it..........................as long as we win that is ;)

Game on Saturday was the first time I've seen the new side (didn't see any of pre-season).

Surprised to hear some people say that Whitehouse is defensively minded - he didn't look that kind of a player to me. Also Hughes barely touched it/offered nothing when he came on, definitely didn't do enough to warrant a start on Tuesday from that showing.

Frankly, the same starting line up minus the mistakes, with the addition of a bit more get-up-and-go, should be enough to secure a win.

Agree, Hughes definitely didn't do enough to warrant even a consideration of making the team.

Although with McDonald potentially injured, he may get a start through a lack of alternatives.

Agree, Hughes definitely didn't do enough to warrant even a consideration of making the team.

Although with McDonald potentially injured, he may get a start through a lack of alternatives.

Mcdonald has tweeted today that they had a good session. This morning and he is ready for Tuesday's game.

Archived