Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SameOldAspin

Jamey Osborne

Mine too!

I reckon this creative midfielder the courier is referring to is not Osborne anyway. The courirer obviously knows something we don't so maybe we have signed/almost signed someone else. Surely Aspin wouldn't be daft enough to potentially have to wait months before the compensation is paid by Redditch before we can sign him. I reckon he will have other targets and we need someone in now and not part way through the season. 

Well I'm assuming that the player has engineered the move to Redditch. If it was our idea we'd probably be on the blower to a club closer to home that we can trust while Osborne may have a connection at Redditch who he can trust? If he's telling us there's an affordable way we are going to listen.

Agree completely. If we were involved why would he go to a club like Redditch and not someone more local.

Still doesn't sit right for me unfortunately, but it will all come out in the wash.

That's understandable, and as Flea says Hednesford and their fans will understandably feel aggrieved too.

I reckon this creative midfielder the courier is referring to is not Osborne anyway. The courirer obviously knows something we don't so maybe we have signed/almost signed someone else. Surely Aspin wouldn't be daft enough to potentially have to wait months before the compensation is paid by Redditch before we can sign him. I reckon he will have other targets and we need someone in now and not part way through the season.

Unless he comes on loan until January?

Unless he comes on loan until January?

That's the only other possibility i guess. I'd rather get someone in permanently though just to be safe.

I suppose we will have to agree to disagree, but for me it doesn't really sit well with me.

I know times are changing and money is dictating the game more and more, but the reason I love non league more than the Premiership is because it feels more "real" and relatable to the average working Joe. I'd expect this sort of stunt from the faceless soulless clubs who rake in millions, but I would have liked to see more respect, both from players and football clubs, to those that put unpaid hours in at clubs like ours and below.

Its not just Osborne, but lots of things in non league seem to be creeping in where morals and doing things "the right way" seem to be ignored in a way to make a quick buck or get an advantage over someone else.

Personally I feel our club, Aspin and our directors have too much class to be part of a stunt like this that feels to me to be a bit classless and unfair. We are a club that doesn't hold players back and does things the right way. This, however you want to wash it, doesn't feel like the right way, or something I'd expect from a Director team I have a fair bit of respect for.

I will be pleased if we get a good player in Osbourne if he joins and will support him like any other player, but if we do get him from underhand means like has been rumoured, then at the same time I do feel that is a massive shame.

Just my opinion though.

here we go my first real post on here. I totally agree with Flea, I feel that any action that may cast doubt on the integrity of our club is shameful. At the moment it's all ifs and buts and I'm sure it will become clear in the end. Support the player if he comes and just hope he doesn't do the same to us in the future

I think the whole situation regarding fees is ridiculous. If a player is out of contract, why should you have to pay a fee? Obviously I know the rule, but it seems a bit of a stupid ruling. If a player doesn't want to sign a new contract with a club then why should he? And then why should the club be able to block a move for that player when he's not contracted to them, effectively stopping him from working.  Why is it only players under 24?  He's a fully grown adult by law, if it was for players under 18 it would make more sense as they're technically still children.  24 just seems a random number on the face of it - why not just do it for all players who've had their contracts expire? The whole ruling seems to make no sense and have no concrete method to it.

I think the whole situation regarding fees is ridiculous. If a player is out of contract, why should you have to pay a fee? Obviously I know the rule, but it seems a bit of a stupid ruling. If a player doesn't want to sign a new contract with a club then why should he? And then why should the club be able to block a move for that player when he's not contracted to them, effectively stopping him from working. Why is it only players under 24? He's a fully grown adult by law, if it was for players under 18 it would make more sense as they're technically still children. 24 just seems a random number on the face of it - why not just do it for all players who've had their contracts expire? The whole ruling seems to make no sense and have no concrete method to it.

It makes perfect sense. The point of it is to reward clubs that have take the gamble on young players and invested in developing them. It's intended to stop larger clubs poaching talent from smaller clubs when they could have brought them right through the academy.

This way they still get a fee, otherwise lots of clubs would have just got rid of academies as the business model doesn't work if people can poach. It may end up holding back the odd individual but works for the majority as it means the academies still exist at a lower level!

Tbh I don't think we can really comment on who's in the wrong out of us and Hednesford without the full details however I don't think the player himself is covering himself in glory telling all and sundry on social media, it leads me to fear another Rainford situation if he did sign

Tbh I don't think we can really comment on who's in the wrong out of us and Hednesford without the full details however I don't think the player himself is covering himself in glory telling all and sundry on social media, it leads me to fear another Rainford situation if he did sign

Exactly.

Its got Rainaldo written all over it has this one.

Put the scouting file in the bin and move on.

It's been a shambles, same as the Maguire fiasco.

Frankly they've only been 'outed' as a 'shambles' because of our fans badgering these guys on social media, and our fans splurging out apparent 'insider knowledge'.

Who knows what has actually happened/is happening in both of these cases? And who is to say that any other transfers that do or do not happen don't play out like this, and haven't for years? Unfortunately, for better or for worse the advent of social media etc. means you now get the 'pleasure' of having to read about this stuff.

Somebody please lock this thread until he signs.

I vote for locking the entire board during pre season based on the absolute titfest this place has turned into over the last few weeks.