Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ewalsh

Squad So Far

As I've said before expectations for me are just unknown. I could see us top after ten games knowing Aspin but ont other hand I could also see us bottom five.

Anybody with demands and expectations of top 5 are seriously deluded though. I think expectations will be low but fans will be excited at so many new faces and lower league potential, hopefully that combination will keep the pressure off and we can enjoy causing a few upsets rather than expecting them as many greedily did last year.

Yep feels a lot like the build up to 13/14 season, a nagging fear that a lack of experience and a much rebuilt side could struggle but also the lack of pressure and the potential that some of these lower league signings could be the real deal

Clearly you've not been on the facebook page where everyone's **** because we've never heard of them :huh:

People just chucking names about because 'they have heard of them' lol. It's a joke. Half of the names mentioned we can't afford, the other are shite!

We are a club who have to spend our time and energy finding fresh talent - although if we allow said talent to walk out of door for nowt we won't last long. Seeing Roberts, Pearson and Maynard out the door to bigger or higher placed clubs without seeing a penny is mind boggling for me.

I have to say that, in view of our poor performance towards the end of the season (with one or two exceptions), i am not concerned about the people who are leaving, we can only get better and I look forward to seeing the new players coming in I have every confidence that we will be a top 10 team next season, just need a experienced CH and midfield player to complement the young players coming in

People looked forward to the 6 new January signings and look what happened to that.

people love a good signing lol.........until they have seen them play for half hour that is.

all the players who have left were absolutely slated at various times on here, now some of the same people who slated them are saying we'll be lost without them. excuse me while i laugh my arse off. :lol:

We are a club who have to spend our time and energy finding fresh talent - although if we allow said talent to walk out of door for nowt we won't last long. Seeing Roberts, Pearson and Maynard out the door to bigger or higher placed clubs without seeing a penny is mind boggling for me.

if they won't sign a new contract..........

what's your solution, take a risk and sign them on a longer one - even then their agent would advise against it, so it's a no win situation

all the players who have left were absolutely slated at various times on here, now some of the same people who slated them are saying we'll be lost without them. excuse me while i laugh my arse off. :lol:

yep Pearson for most of the season, Maynard for the first half and Roberts for the second half - but you only miss them when they're gone  ;)

.... Seeing Roberts, Pearson and Maynard out the door to bigger or higher placed clubs without seeing a penny is mind boggling for me.

Agree to a point but i'm sure Curzon and Blyth fans are feeling the same. What goes around comes around, selling three of our best players for a pittance in January (when we were still in the play-off hunt) just so we get something would have caused uproar. The club can't afford to be offering mega contracts to convince players with agents to stay. It's a sad state of affairs but it's something we have to deal with 

Agree to a point but i'm sure Curzon and Blyth fans are feeling the same. What goes around comes around, selling three of our best players for a pittance in January (when we were still in the play-off hunt) just so we get something would have caused uproar. The club can't afford to be offering mega contracts to convince players with agents to stay. It's a sad state of affairs but it's something we have to deal with 

I'd rather lose them on a free at the end of the season and try to get the play offs rather than panic sell them in January.

Not feeling confident at all after the Maynard and Pearson news, we need some bloody good signings to be anywhere near the playoffs.

Elliott Whitehouse will make you forget Pearson ;) .......and Maynard is overrated......although a very good player.

Yep feels a lot like the build up to 13/14 season, a nagging fear that a lack of experience and a much rebuilt side could struggle but also the lack of pressure and the potential that some of these lower league signings could be the real deal

Exactly!

yep, lets not forget 2 years ago we signed a Counties league player, a player released by a league 2 club and an evostik premier player, all who we are disappointed to lose on free transfers this week to bigger and/or higher level clubs, nothing to say Whitehouse, Macdonald and Maguire won't be held in similar regards in two years time having come from the same backgrounds!

I have to say that, in view of our poor performance towards the end of the season (with one or two exceptions), i am not concerned about the people who are leaving, we can only get better and I look forward to seeing the new players coming in I have every confidence that we will be a top 10 team next season, just need a experienced CH and midfield player to complement the young players coming in

Keith Briggs came 2013/14......we managed ok with "the question mark" Maynard ;)

Makes no odds that they're unknown or lower league. Who had heard of Maynard before he'd played against us for Rochdale and who'd have signed him? Pearson too. M.Roberts?

Not Me and I bet not many.

I think these could be great signings. We lacked hunger and pace and desire last season..

Makes no odds that they're unknown or lower league. Who had heard of Maynard before he'd played against us for Rochdale and who'd have signed him? Pearson too. M.Roberts?

I think these could be great signings. We lacked hunger and pace and desire last season..

......and most importantly......skill.

And the ability to pass the ball on the floor 

I think we have to believe that Aspin and his team is / has done the necessary recruitment having known that these players were likely to be going - (after all the players and staff do talk more than i think a lot of people suspect they do and are in constant discussions about moving forward and their plans for the next season)

This is proven in the 3 midfielders we have announced so far.... sure this is going to be an unknown season but we need to embrace and not be bitter - the 'spine' have left for better and personally i think that means that our staff are doing a great job.... recruitment & nurturing. The reward is higher league football. that makes us look a good prospect!

What was the squad we had at this stage last year ?

Two sets of clubs, a golf buggy, 36 balls....and Phil Senior.

Same for all clubs, so let's just crack on, we were fortunate to make money on Vardy and Gregs in this bizarre new world of contracts and transfer fees, some you win some you lose

I enjoyed watching Maynard's surging runs through midfield and Pearson's crunching challenges but towards the end of the season it was all a bit predictable and had become a bit stale. If Maynard can regain his form of the first season I can see him doing very well but I fear a bit for Matty, either in midfield or centre of defence a lot of the players he will come up against will have a bit more about them. A few of his full blooded challenges just need to be a fraction late and they will become horrendous fouls, I hope he is a success as both him and Louis have done well in their time here and left us with some great memories.

What was the squad we had at this stage last year ?

Was certainly looking a bit threadbare. Bobby Ham up top I think it was :lol:

#fchtcluedo

Pam Burton in the club shop with a trestle table :lol:

People just chucking names about because 'they have heard of them' lol. It's a joke. Half of the names mentioned we can't afford, the other are shite!

Marc Roberts copped a lot of flak for not signing a contract last year,were both Maynard and Pearson

in the same boat ?

Marc Roberts copped a lot of flak for not signing a contract last year,were both Maynard and Pearson

in the same boat ?

good point..

depends on whether you want to aim at somebody in particular a lot of the time i think...