Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Bish

Pitch

Part of me hopes this is a just massive build up to the best ever April Fool's Joke.

The beauty of this is of course that such a situation would probably never have been considered had Abbott, Swift and co not conspired to sell off the Shay on the quiet. They'll be chuffed to bits if it actually happens, and we should arrange for a massive Thank-You card to be sent, signed by all Town supporters.

Part of me hopes this is a just massive build up to the best ever April Fool's Joke.

The beauty of this is of course that such a situation would probably never have been considered had Abbott, Swift and co not conspired to sell off the Shay on the quiet. They'll be chuffed to bits if it actually happens, and we should arrange for a massive Thank-You card to be sent, signed by all Town supporters.

You've said yourself if you had the money then the free loaders would be out on their ear and its been echoed by a fair few others here.

Is it so hard to believe that someone has gone through with such a call really? Enoughs enough and they have taken the pee for so long. This seems a good cheap way to solve the pitch and squatting problem in one.

You can only push people so far before they act :)

Absolutely, if I won the Euromillions I'd probably call the council before my wife :D

I'm not sure I can see the council agreeing to boot the Fax out though, regardless how far behind they are with their rent. I think it would have to be an outright purchase of the stadium in order to achieve that.

Absolutely, if I won the Euromillions I'd probably call the council before my wife :D

I'm not sure I can see the council agreeing to boot the Fax out though, regardless how far behind they are with their rent. I think it would have to be an outright purchase of the stadium in order to achieve that.

well, they could still let the eggers use the stadium, just not the pitch  :D

The Eggers will not be 'booted out' as a result of any deal.  I assume both clubs would have to pay a separate rent to whoever owns the pitch and if you don't pay your rent then it's down to the new owner to decide whether they play or not?

The deal is to sponsor the pitch, not buy it - at least that's what I've read above - in which case the sponsorship might be dependent on the council taking a much tougher line with tenants who are behind on their rent. Would seem an odd condition to impose but given the motive it's not beyond the realm of possibility.

The Eggers will not be 'booted out' as a result of any deal. I assume both clubs would have to pay a separate rent to whoever owns the pitch and if you don't pay your rent then it's down to the new owner to decide whether they play or not?

Didn't Flea say that it would be buying at the Rugby lease and on the agreement that only one tennant uses the pitch?

Hmmm that could be it. Sox have defaulted opening up the possibility that the council can sell it to another party.

The Eggers will not be 'booted out' as a result of any deal. I assume both clubs would have to pay a separate rent to whoever owns the pitch and if you don't pay your rent then it's down to the new owner to decide whether they play or not?

Lets be clear - The offer is dependant on only one tenant using the pitch. If the offer is accpeted then there will be no Fax at the Shay - that is crystal in the negotiations.

You will be surprised how many in the Council want to see the back of Fax. As Fax are in breach of contract the Council dont legally have to do anything for them. Morally perhaps, legally not.

It might put the wind up fax but it won't happen.

agree, wont happen.

Lets be clear - The offer is dependant on only one tenant using the pitch. If the offer is accpeted then there will be no Fax at the Shay - that is crystal in the negotiations.

You will be surprised how many in the Council want to see the back of Fax. As Fax are in breach of contract the Council dont legally have to do anything for them. Morally perhaps, legally not.

but under the rules of what was argued on here for a long time. the offer cannot be accepted unless others allowed to bid also.

My worry is that if cheeky (or silly) offers come in from lone fans it might do more harm than good. Surely a better option is to get fans groups backing the scheme, presenting a united front that would be taken as a more credible option?

If the council feel people are taking the p*ss then it's ging to make them less likely to listen further down the line.

It might put the wind up fax but it won't happen.

Well you liked the check in at the meeting earlier ;)

To clarify a post Swifty made on the egg forum - He said a Fax fan could put a larger bid in. Well they could, but no deal could be done to remove Halifax Town from using the pitch as they are not in breach of their contract.

This offer is only possible because Fax have broken their rent agreement.

Well you liked the check in at the meeting earlier ;)

To clarify a post Swifty made on the egg forum - He said a Fax fan could put a larger bid in. Well they could, but no deal could be done to remove Halifax Town from using the pitch as they are not in breach of their contract.

This offer is only possible because Fax have broken their rent agreement.

:lol:  Interesting. 

Whilst the logic is no doubt sound, (I presume there has been some legal input) I don't believe the council would want to be seen to take any severe action to the detriment of the rugby club.

The idea of a lease agreement which bars the rugby club from using the pitch I very much doubt will happen . However a lease agreement which imposes stricter conditions of the use of the pitch is surely possible?

Council have every right to kick them out - if someone comes in and effectively says "I'll pay the rugby club's rent such that you don't lose any money" then they may well just get rid of them. At the very least it would be a concrete stick to beat them with and say "next time you miss your payment, you're out on your backside".

There's a MASSIVE difference between this and what Abbott was trying to do. The Frocks have done nothing but piss all over Town since the day they arrived. And you expect people not to be petty.

So much pettiness on here.

Have a big tantrum when it happens to us but giving it the big one when it might happen to Fax.

but it's such fun  :)

in one breath the eggers release statements on how much income has come in from merchandise and season tickets sales, so much more than last year, then they can't keep up to date with their rent. Would serve them right if the council finally grew a pair

There's a MASSIVE difference between this and what Abbott was trying to do. The Frocks have done nothing but piss all over Town since the day they arrived. And you expect people not to be petty.

And I am a very petty person and make no bones about the fact that if Fax got shafted it would make me very happy, even more so when the football club is better off :)