Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Bish

Pitch

Only joking steve,Kidderminster 98,brackley final,a better option,and you wake up and it was true.

Rochdale in 1969 is still my favourite

it seems to be a wet dream all the time at the moment  :D

You looking over next doors fence again Steve  :shh:

Would not get too excited at this stage from what I can gather It's very much pie in the sky atm.

i think it will stay that way too. 

I think there is definitely going to be (and has to) some change and Cllr Baines is certainly a more stronger leader than who he replaced. The council still has a duty to both clubs however that what is put in place is fair and regardless of issues over rent, etc, they wont be seen to put in place something which favours one club over the other.

What they do need to do though is put firm guidelines forward so that both clubs know of the consequences should either fall into arrears with their rent. Such as not been able to use the pitch if 7 days behind with their rent. Locked out of the stadium if a month behind with their rent. Etc. CMBC can easily do this without pointing fingers or being seen to take sides.

I am guessing it is just rumour where nobody knows the full details except the council and whoever has made the offer.

I think there is definitely going to be (and has to) some change and Cllr Baines is certainly a more stronger leader than who he replaced. The council still has a duty to both clubs however that what is put in place is fair and regardless of issues over rent, etc, they wont be seen to put in place something which favours one club over the other.

What they do need to do though is put firm guidelines forward so that both clubs know of the consequences should either fall into arrears with their rent. Such as not been able to use the pitch if 7 days behind with their rent. Locked out of the stadium if a month behind with their rent. Etc. CMBC can easily do this without pointing fingers or being seen to take sides.

Haha, I'm sure it'd be still seen as "taking sides". Persecuting the innocent party that makes the harmless lifestyle choice of hardly ever paying their rates.

i hope it will stay that way to, until someone at the rugger club is ready to try again

I am guessing it is just rumour where nobody knows the full details except the council and whoever has made the offer.

If only we knew who had made an offer :D

You'll turn into M&P before you know it :rolleyes:

Nah, I have no plans to steal Scott Bodens boots! :)

my thoughts too JB!

Its all well and good being smug and trying to 'get one over' the rugby club but the fact of the matter is they are big allies with the council and i feel they would be more inclined to sell the shay without them than with them as tennants whether they pay on time or not.

Thefaxfanman writes

"how can this go through? should we be kicking up a massive fuss to the council?"

Comedy gold. Not so funny when the boot's on the other foot is it eggers?

If it is pie in the sky, the Halifax RL fatboys would still try to eat it.

Thefaxfanman writes

"how can this go through? should we be kicking up a massive fuss to the council?"

hahaha - kick all the fuss up you want..............................................WHEN YOU START PAYING THE FECKING RENT IN FULL AND ON TIME

Thefaxfanman writes

Comedy gold. Not so funny when the boot's on the other foot is it eggers?

If it is pie in the sky, the Halifax RL fatboys would still try to eat it.

Erm...can you imagine the comments on here if a rugby fan was rumoured to be making a bid for the pitch? I hardly think we can take the micky too much out of comments like that.

Mind you they should also probably pay the rent and get their own ground, so all is well.

To quote a certain Mr Keegan, "I'd just love it... I'd just LOVE IT..."

calm down shoddie, it's not real. ;)

still,  would love to stick it to halifax rflmao, big time......

Never say never.

I don't know any details other than what Flea's given, but the following would get my support: Council gets half a million up-front, pitch gets fixed, Sox are required to play at Odsal for a season to give pitch time to bed in (no compensation given other than all rent arrears wiped out), and both clubs face the real prospect of being forbidden from using the pitch unless they're up-to-date with the rent. Everyone's a winner.

Good positives noises today :)

Bids only being allowed due to the rent owed as it puts Fax in breach of contract. Council have finally had enough of the willy waving.